[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• That is Silverfish Stone from vanilla Minecraft which only generates in Extreme Hills.

That makes a lot of sense.

Also in the default configs is there any way to actually obtain amercium, europium, neutronium, and whatever other exotic end game materials that may exist?

nvm I found it. Herpin' everywhere today.

Actually on that note: I noticed that even without optifine the fusion reactor gui has an NEI button but the mouseover highlight is shifted to the left a bit and you can't click on it to see the recipes. I had to go to the wiki. Is this intentional?

I'm on GT 5.08.19, NEI 1.0.5.110, and forge 1420

• That s not Possible. The turbine multiblock is only building up when it s facing South or East in 5u.19. Which turbine Rotor did you use?

I Didn t test all of the Turbines. Possibly it s a Problem of the Turbine Rotor. Small Gold and Small Osmium and all creative Turbines (small/medium...) didn t work. At least not for me.

Sorry, It was East. I used a Small Thaumiun turbine.
    I did a really quick test, and on the first try, I put a battery buffer directly on the dynamo hatch output, and it did not seemed to work (maybe I just put it wrong, though). After that, I used one cable to attach the dynamo to buffer, and it started to charge.

Edit: I used steel inputs and a MV dynamo hatch, if it makes difference. Two inputs at the sides, Maintenance and output on top.

And thanks to Asp, for clarifying about the ratios =).

• Actually on that note: I noticed that even without optifine the fusion reactor gui has an NEI button but the mouseover highlight is shifted to the left a bit and you can't click on it to see the recipes. I had to go to the wiki. Is this intentional?

I don't know whether that's intentional, but I know another way to see the fusion reactor recipes in NEI (even though I'm a long way from actually being ready to build a fusion reactor) - I can start with recipes for a neutronium ingot, find the fluid solidifier recipe, click on the molten neutronium, click the right arrow to see the fusion reactor recipe for molten neutronium, then click on the arrow in the recipe to see other fusion reactor recipes.

• Under GT5, do I have to use diamonds (either directly or to craft a pickaxe for mining obsidian) for creating my first macerator?
    I tried to mine obsidian with industrial TNT but it didn't yield

And if yes, could somebody kindly tell me where does PFAA generate diamonds?

• Sorry, It was East. I used a Small Thaumiun turbine.
    I did a really quick test, and on the first try, I put a battery buffer directly on the dynamo hatch output, and it did not seemed to work (maybe I just put it wrong, though). After that, I used one cable to attach the dynamo to buffer, and it started to charge.

Edit: I used steel inputs and a MV dynamo hatch, if it makes difference. Two inputs at the sides, Maintenance and output on top.

And thanks to Asp, for clarifying about the ratios =).

Thx for your Answer but I cant reproduce that with my turbine facing north. I did not try it with turbine controller facing east. Anyway, if the Turbine controller displays perfect running, the dynamo hatch should output energy no matter what direction the Turbine is facing and which turbine rotor is used and so on. I think the Turbine is a bit buggy :) I don t think i did something else wrong. placing a cable and a macerator/battery buffer (i tested both) at the dynamo hatch should work for an energy test.

• Under GT5, do I have to use diamonds (either directly or to craft a pickaxe for mining obsidian) for creating my first macerator?
    I tried to mine obsidian with industrial TNT but it didn't yield

And if yes, could somebody kindly tell me where does PFAA generate diamonds?

A Cobalt or Thaumiun Pickaxe can harvest Obsidian.
    Or if you found any diamond equipment, use can use the Hammer to turn into usable diamonds. I did that to a Horse diamond armor to get my first macerator.

Atialien: well, it's weird, if the fan is spinning, it should be outping Eu. Anyway, I will not use it so soon too, will keep using the basic ones.

You do need diamonds for a steam or basic macerator, but there are other ways to get them:
    1. Several vanilla-generated structure chests, including village blacksmith chests, have a chance to include them.
    2. There are a couple of alternatives to obsidian for making a coal chunk to compress into an industrial diamond, which are normally hidden from NEI, though I don't understand why, since I don't know of an in-game way to find out about them.
    3. GregTech adds a "diareed" crop, though this would probably take too long to be practical for making your first macerator.

• You do need diamonds for a steam or basic macerator, but there are other ways to get them:

2. There are a couple of alternatives to obsidian for making a coal chunk to compress into an industrial diamond, which are normally hidden from NEI, though I don't understand why, since I don't know of an in-game way to find out about them.

That would be Bricks block and stone brick blocks, but to create a coal chunk that using then, you will need an Assembling machine, or at least, it's how it shows on NEI.
    Obsidian allows you to create it on the crafting table, way earlier in the game.

• [quote='MauveCloud','index.php?page=Thread&postID=189521#post189521']
    There are a couple of alternatives to obsidian for making a coal chunk to compress into an industrial diamond, which are normally hidden from NEI, though I don't understand why, since I don't know of an in-game way to find out about them.

I'm used to crafting it with brick blocks. Gonna try that in creative...

• That would be Bricks block and stone brick blocks, but to create a coal chunk that using then, you will need an Assembling machine, or at least, it's how it shows on NEI.
    Obsidian allows you to create it on the crafting table, way earlier in the game.

I don't think stone bricks will work, even in the Assembler. However, a block of iron or a "Bricks" block can also be used on the crafting table, it's just that, like I said, those recipes are hidden from NEI unless you disable that annoying "hide secret recipes" option in IC2.ini.

• I don't think stone bricks will work, even in the Assembler. However, a block of iron or a "Bricks" block can also be used on the crafting table, it's just that, like I said, those recipes are hidden from NEI unless you disable that annoying "hide secret recipes" option in IC2.ini.

Oh, that's right, it was the iron block. I must have been creating too many stone golems lately, it seems =)
    Hmm, I didn't knew about the crafting table, I assumed that those recipes only worked in the assembling machine for balance sake.
    I'm happy though, I like to create the macerator as soon as possible, next time things will be easier.

• For the first diamonds so i can build a steam macerator, i usually mine for small diamond ores close to bedrock. They can be mined with iron picks and even trough they are quite rare and only drop a diamond gem with 1/3 chance, it takes me usually about 20min of stripmining to find enough.

• Using worldedit to delete non-ores revealed that there are these vanilla vein shaped stone clusters. They're not removed with the other stone and when broken they don't drop stone. I doubt it's an issue but it's interesting. The only other mod performing oregen is TC.

I know TiC ores are shown in there but I've since disabled them and still see these clusters.

It happens the same, only NEI instead "Stone" - "gt.ore.item.0"
    Maybe it's defective ore GT. Loss metadata or subID.

• So I've been playing around with the customisable ore gen in the configs. The issue is that I only got the first ore mix (custom ore mix 00) to spawn in the overworld but the rest (01 to 09) aren't. I've attached the copied config file for WorldGen here can someone tell me what went wrong haha

Btw I tried to change the Overworld_false to Overworld_true for the custom mixes and it didn't work. It's still in there.

WorldGen.txt

• So I've been playing around with the customisable ore gen in the configs. The issue is that I only got the first ore mix (custom ore mix 00) to spawn in the overworld but the rest (01 to 09) aren't. I've attached the copied config file for WorldGen here can someone tell me what went wrong haha

Btw I tried to change the Overworld_false to Overworld_true for the custom mixes and it didn't work. It's still in there.

I think you must have changed something since getting mix 00 to appear, because in the attachment you have "B:Overworld_false=false" for that mix, which would prevent it from spawning in the overworld. For the others, you need to avoid changing the left side of the equals, so replace each pair of "B:Overworld_false=false" and "B:Overworld_true=true" with one "B:Overworld_false=true" for those mixes.

• Oops yeah I changed it and forgot.

Well it was all false=true but only mix 00 generated. When I get home I'll give it another shot though thanks.

Sorry accidental double post.