[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Changes 5.08.23
    - Fixed turbines breaking too fast.
    - Fixed ic2 steam not working in large turbines.
    - Added naquadah gen efficiency configs.
    - Now reverted really all oregen codechanges.

Fixed Nether Ores rendeing as stone gt.blockore.0 not updating until neighbour block change.
    Thank you Blood-Asp.

[minor] Insane voltage Machine Hull recipes are still inconsistent between assembler and workbench shaped. https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/76

• Hi,

a fragment of the Gregtech configuration file from a parallel universe.
    ----------cut here-----------
    #Any pump will drain lake, but you can not do as well with the ocean or river(or that u wants).

#Finite water in biomes. For adding biome with finite water just add its name like that...
    ocean=false
    river=false
    allOtherBiomes=true
    ----------cut here-----------

What do u think? is it real to make the same in our universe 5.08.xx?

• I vote for it definitely!
    I'd make it as a query to biome Rainfall from Forge and select finite water threshold based on Rainfall

F:finiteWaterRainfallThreshould_0.5 = 0.5

(IHL are you reading?) Could as well implement evaporate water sources into salt water on biome under a given Rainfall threshold.
    Then evaporate salt water into GT Salt ores for stone like block under a salt water block, and remove salt water block above in the process.

• There is no water in dry biomes, except generated in structures (wells and villages).

There are generated pools of salted water in Desert biomes with IHL (bright pink fluid easy to spot).
    It would look legitimate to evaporate any placed or generated water when it is open sky and biome is dry.
    So indeed, it would not evaporate generated village wells because they have a roof cover.
    IHL already have an optional dynamic water mechanic where water and lava sources will flow away and down if not bordered on all sides.

• There are generated pools of salted water in Desert biomes with IHL (bright pink fluid easy to spot).
    It would look legitimate to evaporate any placed or generated water when it is open sky and biome is dry.
    So indeed, it would not evaporate generated village wells because they have a roof cover.
    IHL already have an optional dynamic water mechanic where water and lava sources will flow away and down if not bordered on all sides.

So, you suggest to generate salt ore instead of those pink lakes?

• Official Post

I like the pink lakes. Ignoring how a pink lake makes no sense if it's salt water.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So, you suggest to generate salt ore instead of those pink lakes?

I suggest these lakes shall slowly evaporate when chunkloaded.
    Implement something similar to vanilla water freezing but taking sun height into account.
    Could be like:
    Every n ticks, select one of open-sky water/saltwater source block in chunk.

Compute chance of evaporation.

• leagris, you see, this would be a little bit illogical. If salt water will evaporate at some condition, it would mean, that some day and some time not long before map generation this saltwater lake was a part of ocean and by spotting these blocks evaporation we will spot a geological process what are normally takes several hundreds years (i mean changing coast line shape).

• I kinda agree on this one, although it would still be cool looking, and also, minecraft time is accelerated so I dunno, maybe ?

• Official Post

Not that accelerated. And if you don't catch it quick enough, you'll have to find a new desert and generate more of a world to get more.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• hey I got the bricks changed out with some help from DreamMasterXXL and JJ from axles server. but i think i found something MT cant do. GT axes wont cut down TFC trees, anything you can do?

• How is the state of the processing array? I remember it only processed deuterium/tritium, but that tooltip is gone. Does it now work like intended?

• I love the TFC trees and I'm trying to make the mods work together, no just take out thing that make me mad. I was hoping there was something in the code for the TCF axes that bloodasp or greg could add to GT axes.

• How is the state of the processing array? I remember it only processed deuterium/tritium, but that tooltip is gone. Does it now work like intended?

It should now work completely. I only tested 3-4 different machines and ~20 random recipes but they all worked fine.

I love the TFC trees and I'm trying to make the mods work together, no just take out thing that make me mad. I was hoping there was something in the code for the TCF axes that bloodasp or greg could add to GT axes.

I have to add the wood blocks to the know list for the axe. I wonder if i get it to work without a api.