[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I can see you write up to forge 1481 breaks GregTech multiplayer. Is forge 1490 ok to use? :) Or would you rather recommend a lower one?

Thanks

- Kehaan

• Are conveyor modules supposed to act stupid?

For a compact steam furnace you need multiple conveyor belts pulling into the same item pipe. Unfortunately the way they work as I know it only one inventory can be pulled from every time a conveyor module updates and they all update in sync. If they updated out of sync this wouldn't be an issue but as I see it their functionality is broken. 4 conveyor belts should behave like 1 conveyor belt.

• For a compact steam furnace you need multiple conveyor belts pulling into the same item pipe.

Could you please explain this? Also, which kind of item pipes are you using? For all I can tell, it could be the item pipe's capacity limiting you from doing what you want, rather than the conveyor modules.

Edit: I also came across the sentence below in the Wiki page for item pipes, which could be what you're running into:

After transferring the items, all slots in all pipes items traveled through will lock up for 1 second.

• Could you please explain this? Also, which kind of item pipes are you using? For all I can tell, it could be the item pipe's capacity limiting you from doing what you want, rather than the conveyor modules.

Large electrum pipes though I'm fairly certain I could get away with smaller because this setup works if I use 3 MV conveyors and 1 LV conveyor. That shouldn't be necessary though because each conveyor should only need to pull a single item every 12.8 seconds.

Also through science the priority for conveyor modules was observed:
    N
    W
    S
    E

• That shouldn't be necessary though because each conveyor should only need to pull a single item every 12.8 seconds.

Conveyor modules don't just pull single items. According to the Wiki page about them, they try to pull full stacks every so many ticks (400 for LV, 100 for MV), and I'm guessing that they were deliberately set to run synchronously to minimize multiplayer lag.

• If they run into a collision they should have some sort of 1 tick hold off though. You may save a few CPU cycles but you end up breaking functionality of the block. You won't be saving any CPU cycles when you say fuck this and switch to using 12 hoppers and a few item pipes.

Also the north face was the only one that worked. When you turn off the north machine the west one worked and so on.

I was wrong before. Its N, S, W, E.

• If they run into a collision they should have some sort of 1 tick hold off though. You may save a few CPU cycles but you end up breaking functionality of the block. You won't be saving any CPU cycles when you say fuck this and switch to using 12 hoppers and a few item pipes.

Also the north face was the only one that worked. When you turn off the north machine the west one worked and so on.

If you think you know how to fix that, then have fun: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…util/GT_Utility.java#L643

I can somewhat see your point there, but I have a couple of questions:
    1. if you're so intent on keeping it as compact as in that picture, what do you have against using MV conveyor modules? (seems like being able to do that with only LV conveyor modules might affect game balance) or electric furnaces, which can be set to auto-output the result items without even needing conveyor modules?
    2. Presuming you're using those steam furnaces to make charcoal to power that large boiler, how are you supplying the wood to them? The front side and the vent side need to be kept clear, it looks like they've each got one side occupied by the pipe providing steam and one occupied by the pipe using conveyor modules to pull out the charcoal, and most have another furnace above and/or below, making the top and bottom unavailable for accepting wood.

• I can somewhat see your point there, but I have a couple of questions:
    1. if you're so intent on keeping it as compact as in that picture, what do you have against using MV conveyor modules? (seems like being able to do that with only LV conveyor modules might affect game balance) or electric furnaces, which can be set to auto-output the result items without even needing conveyor modules?
    2. Presuming you're using those steam furnaces to make charcoal to power that large boiler, how are you supplying the wood to them? The front side and the vent side need to be kept clear, it looks like they've each got one side occupied by the pipe providing steam and one occupied by the pipe using conveyor modules to pull out the charcoal, and most have another furnace above and/or below, making the top and bottom unavailable for accepting wood.

1. I don't have MV yet on the server yet :p
    From a balance perspective I'd say it's not imbalanced because the conveyor modules should do what they describe and more compact designs should be rewarded with lower material costs. I have and am considering switching to electric furnaces. While less efficient it would eliminate a lot of these headaches and allow for easy scaling up to multiple boilers (only 3-4 necessary per boiler).
    2. On the server wood is made by a opencomputers robot spruce tree farm using TiC lumber axes. There's more wood from that than any other tree farm I've seen. It's going to a locked JABBA barrel with an LV conveyor module (import)/electrum item pipe running down the middle of the furnaces. Each furnace has a conveyor module facing it configured to import allow export. At the other end of the item pipe is a locked JABBA barrel of charcoal that pumps into the boiler. Steam is fed through 2 corners while exhaust comes out the other two. I figured that image summed the design up fairly well. Here's the layout.

S = steam pipe
    I = item pipe
    E = exhaust
    F = furnace

S F E
    F I F
    E F S

Barrel design best design (for few input/output requirements).

Also blood asp my friend and I will take a look.

• Im getting this kind of error (SMP) using forge .1428 your latest download and IC2 2.2.750

[19:00:49] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel FORGE
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: value already present: molten.redalloy

Guessing it might be some fault with the wrong forge version

• Your guess is right. Just look into the first post. The huge red text is hard to miss.

tbh, I missed it at first, since the red on grey messed with my vision ;) in the first post it says that forge 1445-1481 breaks GTMP, thats why I though forge .1428 would work. But anyhow, gonna test with forge .1490 now and just hope for the best :) (thanks for the fast reply btw)

• From a balance perspective I'd say it's not imbalanced because the conveyor modules should do what they describe and more compact designs should be rewarded with lower material costs. I have and am considering switching to electric furnaces. While less efficient it would eliminate a lot of these headaches and allow for easy scaling up to multiple boilers (only 3-4 necessary per boiler).

1. The tooltip description for an LV conveyor module says "1 stack every 20 secs". Thus one could argue that it is doing what it describes.
    2. How are electric furnaces less efficient? A steam furnace uses 2048 L steam per item, while an electric furnace uses 512 EU per item (4 EU/t for 128 ticks), which at the default 66% efficiency for an LV steam turbine would take about 1552 L before considering cable losses, but I doubt the cable losses would push it up to 2048 L.

It's going to a locked JABBA barrel with an LV conveyor module (import)/electrum item pipe running down the middle of the furnaces. Each furnace has a conveyor module facing it configured to import allow export.

I hadn't thought of that possibility. I would anticipate some potential issues with that if wood was going into the furnace on the same tick that the conveyor module wants to pull some charcoal out, but if your setup works with MV conveyors, maybe that isn't as much of a problem as I'd expect. However, iirc electric furnaces won't accept input from their auto-output face, so they might not help as much as I'd thought as far as removing the need for conveyor modules.