[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I've noticed that playing on a multiplayer server then going to a single player world without a client restart causes GT blocks to not act like GT blocks. Pipes don't connect to each other, multiblocks are very fragile if they work at all, and tools don't work on GT blocks (even the sides highlighting doesn't show up). I'm not sure if this is actually a GT bug or how reproduceable it is since I'm running quite a few other mods. Launching SP before MP works.

• A couple suggestions,

It would be great if pipes with "attachments" like pumps would tell you what they had still attached to them after you wrench them so you know when they're not placed.

And if GT had support for Ardite and Manyuallyn materials, then it would support all materials with TiC, ExtraTiC and Metallurgy. Ardite being a metal and Manyullyn being an alloy (Ardite + Cobalt)

• So telling on the item in the inventory with tooltip on what side what cover is attaced? Should it be easy enough i will do that.

Support for TiC is forbidden and blocked by TiC itself. I have added a config that enabled as much TiC support as possible, but some stuff still does not work because TiC is blocking it.

• While trying to figure out what the extra tooltips hotkey was I hit alt+f4....

Can anyone give me a reminder? I can't find it anywhere (I guess my thread searching skills could use a brush up).

• Finally giving this mod a try. Since there's been little activity on the GT6 server lately. No new content = no new players, less playing players, less reason for me to log in.

I do miss my machines. <3

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Welcome to the dark side axlegear.

Just fixed the math bug in the large turbine. Hoping to submit a pull request tonight if I get enough testing done. May need more tea.

• I am using a huge turbine blade and it lasts nearly 1 minute and wears out. Is this intentional or a bug?

Is there a way to disable the turbine blades wearing out for the large turbines?
    I turned off maintenance for Multiblock structures, yet I still have to put a turbine blade in every 1 minute.
    I'd like to turn this requirement off, or at least be able to automate its replacement.

I'm using version 26 of this mod.

• Back in .20 or so was a bug that broke the turbines instantly. Right now they should have durability for days.

Do they take damage in one hit, or is the durability going down really fast within this minute?
    What materials did you use? Does this happen with all materials and all turbine types?

Does this only happen with a steam turbine, or also with high pressure, gas or plasma turbines?

• [5.08.26 Bug]

Magic Energy Absorbers of any tier are uncraftable (w/o Thaumcraft). No recipes in NEI.
    In 5.08.25 all are fine.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

Edited once, last by Sapient ().

• Wait how do you enable/disable multiblock maintenance? I've run boilers and EBFs for nearly full in game days at a time over the past few weeks with no maintenance issues. This seemed a little off to me but I'm not seeing anything in the main config or overpoweredstuff config referring to multiblocks or maintenance.

• Back in .20 or so was a bug that broke the turbines instantly. Right now they should have durability for days.

Do they take damage in one hit, or is the durability going down really fast within this minute?
    What materials did you use? Does this happen with all materials and all turbine types?

Does this only happen with a steam turbine, or also with high pressure, gas or plasma turbines?

Ok, my bad.

This shows how badly I am out of the loop on this, and my ability to understand the FAQ posted.

I am building in creative, and I was spawning in the turbine blades available in NEI. That was the problem. If you do that, they have NO durability and are exhausted almost instantly. You HAVE to assemble new ones by making them in the Assembly Machine.

These are the ones I was trying to use in NEI.

Thats cool. However, I would suggest having CREATIVE ONLY blades available for server owners and Creative Builders, that gives the highest out put and never wears out. Just color them Pinkish-Purple like other Creative Blocks. That way people like me that use them on Servers or play in creative, can automate our worlds using them.

Do you think you could maybe add that in for version 27 ?

• There is somewhere a config option to unhide all meta items from NEI. The meta tools should be included if i understood that right.

I already have that set to TRUE, and yet it still will not show all the FULLY built Turbine Blades. They show all the single blades you use to build the full blade, but not the fully built ones.

I really would like to see added, a CREATIVE only fully assembled Turbine Blade that is unlimited in all aspects, that never wears out.

Also, the large Turbines require you to still use soft hammer to restart them after they have been turned on. This is a problem for automation because if you want to stop the flow of steam or plasma, or whatever, to turn them off, you have to hit them again with a hammer once you start the flow of fuel again. This should not be, IMO.

Once they are built, it should be the flow of fuel to them that determines if they are on or off. You should never have to hit them with a hammer to start after the first initial startup. This is something Greg put in as a way to make the player maintenance and NOT be able to automate the machine. I get it - this can be fun for single player hard core players - but I would like to see more options given to server owners and creative builders too, so that they can be automated...

• Creative Only Turbine Blade (fully assembled version) Unlimited.
    • Remove Hammer Start requirement. (Currently as of version 26, Even with the "No maintenance" mode enabled, turbines still require hammer start, when fuel is interrupted)

• The hammer thing is also a bit of a safe-from-waste mechanism. When the turbine stops receiving steam, the efficiency drops (technically it drops directly to zero immediately.)

Preventing the turbine from actually halting is more or less a matter of commenting out a line or two of code, but you'd still want to be aware that you run the risk of your turbine running extremely inefficiently if your steam flow isn't kinda-sorta-reliable. Is that a problem for you?