[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I can't test at this exact moment but I can tell you that using a config 14 IC and feeding 621 mB/s of lava produces just under 40k mB/s of superheated steam. I'm not sure where the efficiency hit is calculated since it isn't reflected on the scanner (implying any efficiency hit from maintenance is compounded and may end up producing regular steam if operating near the edge). If I'm aiming for 40 k mB/s of superheated steam is a config 14 IC optimal? That should be a 21% efficiency hit for a threshold reduction of 525 mB/s.

Also I calculated needing 632.9 mB/s of lava for that output but experimentally determined roughly 621.5 mB/s. 500 / (1 - (1.5*14)) = 632.9

• So, Willis asked a few pages ago, but I think no one answered: Is it possible to repair a Turbine, or I have to craft a new one?

• Eh, Packager again don't accept tiny pile of dust and nuggets with Schematic (3x3)(from pipes and etc.) (5.08.29)=(
    Also 2 questions:
    1)In 5.09 Tool Material changes does affect on turbine rotors?( optimal flow, efficiency, durability);
    2)I understand correctly: 2.000 L/sec lava in LHE -> 160.000 L/sec Superheat Steam in HP Turbine with 100% efficiency -> 160.000 Eu/sec + 160.000 L/sec steam?

• Is there a good chatroom/IRC channel for GT5U? Or a wiki specific for the new content/changes? I looked but couldn't find it. But we all know how blind I am.

Mostly I want to know if there's a chatroom or IRC channel more than anything.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I started up a large high pressure turbine then a steam turbine with the turbine achievement primed but it didn't unlock.

Also I can't get packagers to accept nuggets even though the ones I'm trying to import are shapeless craftable and if placed through the gui turn them into ingots.

My god it's so beautiful.

https://imgur.com/a/OuUak

Config 13 IC in the LHE (haven't tested lower values yet, may work). 610 mB/s lava perfectly makes 40k mB/s superheated steam. Perfect means I left a gap for surplus to fill in the top fluid regulator, came back an hour later and it was the exact same value. Lava processing takes about 1600-1800 EU/t. Surplus was measured to be about 1666 EU/t. This falls in line with the theoretical output of 3450 EU/t. Lava's getting pulled by an HV pump fed by an HV turbine. HV turbine is getting steam through large steel cells through the tesseract.

The large turbine running would make a pretty good front of a vanilla style airplane project.

• I'm at the point of making HV machines. I have steel tank full of oil, and figure i'd use it for some power. I have the following set-up:

Advanced Distillery (HV) > Advanced Fluid Canner (HV) > Turbo Diesel Generator (70% eff) > HV Battery Buffer

The plan was to kick-start the distillery and canner with my MV buffer (with transformer)...and then let the HV buffer take over. I assumed I'd get a surplus of power, but I guess not. Is that expected?

The distillery shows 8mb oil > 8mb fuel requires 256 EU. So i need 125 cycles for 1 bucket/cell = 32k EU

The canner requires 16 EU to can 1000mb into the cell.

1 diesel cell gives 128k EU in the generator = ~90k EU at 70% efficiency.

Surplus of about 58k EU.

So I'm doing something wrong? I'm guessing those base values for each cycle is for the Basic Machines and I need to scale up for each tier?

(I guess I also don't really need the canner, but my NEI wasn't showing any use for the fuel unless it was canned. I did try the set-up without the canner, and I was still making a net loss).

I await your words of wisdom. Thanks.

(Also, any tips for a better source of power at HV. I have a decent tree farm, and turning charcoal into alumentum. I don't have access to IC2 gens).

EDIT - Of course, EU used is multiplied by 4 for each tier....hence the net loss. Guess fuel is only really viable before HV....is it even viable in MV??? Going to have to take a look at these LHE's then.

• I would recommend making a distillation tower if you have HV stuff and that much oil. You get all byproducts in less time for less energy (higher net gain). What's more is nitro diesel becomes feasible which is an absurd increase in energy.

• I would recommend making a distillation tower if you have HV stuff and that much oil. You get all byproducts in less time for less energy (higher net gain). What's more is nitro diesel becomes feasible which is an absurd increase in energy.

Yea, I've been working on getting all the stainless steel i need for the past couple days, so that was my next step. But I was right in assuming that EU requirements are multiplied by 4 each tier (with operational speed doubled each time)? It's been a while since I last played GT, and I'm a bit rusty.

Also, the large multiblock turbines are still good, right?

• Yea, I've been working on getting all the stainless steel i need for the past couple days, so that was my next step. But I was right in assuming that EU requirements are multiplied by 4 each tier (with operational speed doubled each time)? It's been a while since I last played GT, and I'm a bit rusty.

The EU/t is multiplied by 4 each tier, but since the time per operation is halved, the total EU is only double.

• Another question about pipes and the turbine:
    I am feeding a Turbine with a Huge Stainless Pipe (28800l/sec), and I'm using a Thaumium turbine (24000l/sec). I used the scanner on the pipes a few times, and sometimes I get readings of "tank:28,800/14,400l steam."
    How it gets half empty (or half full, if you are an optimist)? Shouldn't it stays full all the time?
    I am pulling the steam from a Railcraft tank, using a Huge Titanium Pipe (38400l/sec) attached on a EV pump (40960l/sec). Everything is above the needed until it gets into the turbine (and I'm using shutters - output only - on every section).
    Is this only a weird reading?

• Another question about pipes and the turbine:
    I am feeding a Turbine with a Huge Stainless Pipe (28800l/sec), and I'm using a Thaumium turbine (24000l/sec). I used the scanner on the pipes a few times, and sometimes I get readings of "tank:28,800/14,400l steam."
    How it gets half empty (or half full, if you are an optimist)? Shouldn't it stays full all the time?
    I am pulling the steam from a Railcraft tank, using a Huge Titanium Pipe (38400l/sec) attached on a EV pump (40960l/sec). Everything is above the needed until it gets into the turbine (and I'm using shutters - output only - on every section).
    Is this only a weird reading?

Don't forget that the turbines will consume up to 125% of the optimal flow so in this case you'd want to feed 2 fluid regulators (each set to 600 mB/t) from your titanium pipe. The output of the regulators should feed your large stainless steel pipe that goes to the turbine.

If you trust the math implemented for multiple input hatches you could also just have the 2 fluid regulators go to a single input hatch each and save yourself the effort of recombining in a tight place (though you could come up with some really clever compact designs here).

• I am trying to not use regulators, are they needed?
    The Huge Titanium Pipe is just the first block, I am using different sized pipes to adjust flow, but I feel that it is not working right.
    I was using a Large and Normal Steel Pipes and two hatches before (19200+4800 = 24000l/sec).
    I am aware of the 125% flow, I could feed 30000l/sec on that case, but choose to use a 28800 to avoid another input hatch (because I feel that that was causing the problem, not sure on how that is being calculated);
    Does the turbine consumes by seconds or ticks? I assume that it does by ticks, so I'll HAVE to use regulators to it work properly (and that information should be on tooltip, or wiki at least).
    I would love to have operational information on the GUI, like Input and output of the generators, so we could at least know if there's something wrong.

• I am trying to not use regulators, are they needed?
    The Huge Titanium Pipe is just the first block, I am using different sized pipes to adjust flow, but I feel that it is not working right.
    I was using a Large and Normal Steel Pipes and two hatches before (19200+4800 = 24000l/sec).
    I am aware of the 125% flow, I could feed 30000l/sec on that case, but choose to use a 28800 to avoid another input hatch (because I feel that that was causing the problem, not sure on how that is being calculated);
    Does the turbine consumes by seconds or ticks? I assume that it does by ticks, so I'll HAVE to use regulators to it work properly (and that information should be on tooltip, or wiki at least).
    I would love to have operational information on the GUI, like Input and output of the generators, so we could at least know if there's something wrong.

That's another reason I like the regulators: you can see if there's a surplus or defecit of steam by watching the internal buffer fill up or empty. You can then tune the LHE input using a fluid regulator as well to match. I don't see any way to reasonably hit that kind of efficiency using only pipes and covers.

• I have a Blast furnace furnace cooking Tungsten, and the turbine can't keep up to it.
    It is a 120 recipe, but I'm using a HV energy hatch, it should be working at 480 eu/t. The turbine should be generating at little more than 600 Eu/t, even so, the buffer is slowly getting dry (Above 512 eu/t I should use a EV Dynamo hatch, right?).
    The machines are at 100% efficiency, and I have just a ore washer and Thermal centrifuge running on the same line, both LV, dont impact too much.
    But, I may be overthinking, maybe the losses are taking that difference. But that's another reason that I wanted more information on the GUI. At least I would knew the problem was somewhere else...

Anyway, thanks for the tips, soon I'll have my first Tungstensteel boiler, so I can put another turbine running. That will solve the problem for sure =).

Edit:
    On another topic, Blood, I was looking on the higher levels magic generators, and I realized that your recipe puts the previous machines on the sides pedestal, and a Machine hull on the center.
    I wish you changed that, because the ingredients on those pedestals have a chance to be "vaporized" in flux, while the center item will always be intact. I would not mind losing a circuit or a hull, but a whole machine hurts. Is that intentional?
    (I know with a stable altar, the chances are really slim, but I'm more on Gregtech than Thaumcraft, so I don't put more effort on it than necessary, and I'm a little afraid of creating those generators...)

• Advanced Distillery (HV) > Advanced Fluid Canner (HV) > Turbo Diesel Generator (70% eff) > HV Battery Buffer

As far as I know, if there hasn't been any changes recently, fuel/diesel can be pumped straight into the diesel generator. Cells are not required.

• t

Well for one a thermal centrifuge pulls 2A so that's 96 EU/t on the LV machines making your theoretical max left for the EBF be 504 EU/t. If the EBF actually pulls 512 EU/t rather than 480 then you're screwed there. Plus operating that close to the edge may result in cable losses being enough to make the system not be stable. I recommend putting a bat buffer on the EBF then putting an energy detector and hook it up to a machine controller on the EBF. I have mine set to only turn on if the buffer is full. Prevents stacks of dust from just disappearing and also regulates average EU/t consumption when energy production can't keep up.