[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• How come there arent machines that use air?
    ALL burn-based generators. Those are machines just like the processing ones, except that those are used on energy generation.

Soil is used by IC2 crops and other plants.

Because Greg never implementing anything like "this machine requires air to work properly."

Affecting IC2 crops is probably possible, but crops from other mods would likely be unaffected. So its hard to commit to something that will be half-assed in a lot of popular packs.

• Sorry, but you seem to be backtracking right back to the original forced-progression blanket-barrier nerf draconian variable, undoing the progress we've all made discussing this. I haven't seen anyone support your simplified system yet, nor have you given any defenses beyond 'It's easier my way' and 'I won't do it' as justification for it's even existing in the first place. You have demonstrated a complete unwillingness to accept any opinion but your own, even in the face of overwhelming disagreement. You also demonstrate this 'my way or the highway, my right' approach to forcing your system into a mod a community uses, as if that were your right. The community has been speaking and you insist on going against the grain, which WILL upset them and WILL have negative consequences to GT5U. I hope sorely that it will be able to be toggled entirely off, or I fear it will have fatal repercussions to Gregtech 5U. I will not play with this simplified system.
    This is the last i'll say on this topic.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• Official Post

If people use other mods generators to avoid pollution let them be. Those aren't the ones that would actually like to deal with the challenge of dealing with pollution. It might be better for those to just turn pollution off in the configs.

Don't let other mods be something that will be on the way. Think only of GT and GT only, maybe BC, RC and some other mod that GT plays very well along with.

• Sorry, but you seem to be backtracking right back to the original forced-progression blanket-barrier nerf draconian variable, undoing the progress we've all made discussing this. I haven't seen anyone support your simplified system yet, nor have you given any defenses beyond 'It's easier my way' and 'I won't do it' as justification for it's even existing in the first place. I hope sorely that it will be able to be toggled entirely off, or I fear it will have fatal repercussions to Gregtech 5U. I will not play with this simplified system.
    This is the last i'll say on this topic.

I don't think I've ever witnessed anything quite so selfish and narrow-minded.

You know what? Axle can go bugger himself with something sharp. I don't tolerate childish bullshit. I'm done here.

• Anyone know if there's any benefit at all to using distilled water in GT boilers over regular water, or is that purely an IC2 thing?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Ah, good. I've never played much with large boilers, i've always been very green solar+diesel route. This is my first time messing with large boilers, and wanted to make sure I wasn't shooting myself in the foot somehow.

I tell ya, those things sure suck down the fuel, but if you want power yesterday..

Quoted from "zorn":

• Ah, forgot to mention, having trouble loading the wiki right now, else i'd look it up already. I'm pretty sure the issue is on my end. I wasn't even able to post until a few minutes ago. Cox cable is.. ...not a good ISP. I've been on the IRC channel for most of my questions today.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Just a quick note about one thing: Effecting certain blocks that can be everywere in the world is really difficult to do. With that i mean mostly all the ideas about pollution effecting any sort of plant. While i hope that vanilla plants extending vanilla behavior (Trees) create events i can catch and modify, there are many other plants i can't easily access. For example the crops. To effect them, i would need to scan EVERY BLOCK in EVERY LOADED CHUNK to find them. Same with most other mod plants. To effect the IC2 Crops i only have some hope with using reflection... Doing that for every mod i would like to effect... Meh...

• If people use other mods generators to avoid pollution let them be. Those aren't the ones that would actually like to deal with the challenge of dealing with pollution. It might be better for those to just turn pollution off in the configs.

Don't let other mods be something that will be on the way. Think only of GT and GT only, maybe BC, RC and some other mod that GT plays very well along with.

I agree 100% with Spwnx here;

Just a quick note about one thing: Effecting certain blocks that can be everywere in the world is really difficult to do. With that i mean mostly all the ideas about pollution effecting any sort of plant. While i hope that vanilla plants extending vanilla behavior (Trees) create events i can catch and modify, there are many other plants i can't easily access. For example the crops. To effect them, i would need to scan EVERY BLOCK in EVERY LOADED CHUNK to find them. Same with most other mod plants. To effect the IC2 Crops i only have some hope with using reflection... Doing that for every mod i would like to effect... Meh...

Well, I don't know how hard would be modify water, but turning into polluted water, would affect directly crop production.
    If Polluted water keep substituting normal water, crops will grow as if there's no water.
    Maybe trees growth wouldn't even be changed, as I assume they would be used for steam, that already will need clean water.

• For IC2 crops you can just turn the biome into a "wasteland" biome that inherits desert properties. It will affect negatively IC2 crops enough for a start.

That would first mean from good to bad in one step, also it would disable all biome dependent functionality from other mods.
    So as i said, changing biomes because of pollution is something i would only do when everything is totally screwed up and living without hazmat is not possible anymore.

• Just a quick note about one thing: Effecting certain blocks that can be everywere in the world is really difficult to do. With that i mean mostly all the ideas about pollution effecting any sort of plant. While i hope that vanilla plants extending vanilla behavior (Trees) create events i can catch and modify, there are many other plants i can't easily access. For example the crops. To effect them, i would need to scan EVERY BLOCK in EVERY LOADED CHUNK to find them. Same with most other mod plants. To effect the IC2 Crops i only have some hope with using reflection... Doing that for every mod i would like to effect... Meh...

I know a smidge about plants and crops and how MC does checking blocks, so I agree, plants are kind of off the docket as something easily implemented. If it's even possible, doing it in some way that splits it by-chunk and delays it may work, like a periodic block scan every hour or something but.. eh. I don't really see a way to make this work realistically. I could be wrong, but it seems a much more insurmountable problem than others.

Normally i'm ALL for function first, but there IS a point where the cost to performance/lag has to be considered. GT is a mod that often teeters on the edge. It's pretty intensive.. so you have to be more careful than usual about the load placed on the server or client.

I take a very Dwarf Fortress approach to it: function function function, don't worry about performance until it causes it to become unplayable to people with normal, middle-grounds systems. Which would be like a <2.4 GHz dual-core with 3GB or RAM today, IMHO. If you have worse than that.. you really shouldn't be expecting to game on it.

For reference, my GT5U server is running off a 3.3 GHz Phenom II quad-core with 4 GB DDR2-ECC memory and a trio of SSDs in Raid0, backing up hourly to a 1TB HDD.

Quoted from "zorn":

Edited 2 times, last by axlegear ().

• Do I need to do something special to see the output rate on an empty output hatch?

Ok so this is an LHE with 4 output hatches. I noticed an entire hatch was empty. That makes sense as to why one hatch appeared to be staying steady: because only three were outputting SHS. Thanks for the tips Pyure. Things are working as expected.

This is why i mentioned the "cloud" version because it only effects nearby blocks and Entitys. A macerator doesn t have to affect crops/trees whatever 100 blocks away. It could, when the polutioncloud is moving or the emitting of pollution doesn t stop, but then its even localized to the cloud. Think of it like a brush painting the landscape/machines new. After a certain spreadradius the cloud could dissolves itself. Since we have no real wind in MC this would be realistic

• Official Post

I don't think I've ever witnessed anything quite so selfish and narrow-minded.

You know what? Axle can go bugger himself with something sharp. I don't tolerate childish bullshit. I'm done here.

You and Axles report of your Post are both right. For one thing Axle is obviously just being selfish (as in trying to destroy the whole system, even though Bloody will obviously put a config to it), for the other thing, you said Axle should become an Emo, what is indeed an insult.

I bet Bloody will just read through the constructive stuff and ignore the bullshit that has been accumulating all around it.