[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I'm asking more of a technical question still;
    What benefits does having Forestry 4 API support bring? :Plantball:
    5.9 Supports it from an early changelog however 5.8 doesn't at all yet works fine (Though I imagine Bees will/are/were broken as a result but that's one of the few things I didn't test)

Recipes can and probably will be changed, but the other changes about efficiency were still nice to know about. :)

• 5.08 didn't have Bees. Bees are purely .09, which is where the API comes in.

The Pyrolyze Oven gives you three things: a really fast (and efficient) way of turning Wood into Charcoal [16W -> 20C +4000L Creosote, 32 seconds], an alternate recipe that consumes Nitrogen Gas but less energy and time [same but +2000L Nitrogen, 16 seconds], and a way of converting Wood into Heavy Oil [HV recipe, 16W -> 200L Oil].

Also worthy of note regarding Oil... hot damn Oil processing gets complicated. Many, many possible products, but many, many steps to get them.

Double-also: On its own, independent of GregTech, Forestry 4 Multifarms can (as of last week!) fertilize, water, and harvest IC2 Crops! (And GT adds more crops for use in that.)

• Double-also: On its own, independent of GregTech, Forestry 4 Multifarms can (as of last week!) fertilize, water, and harvest IC2 Crops! (And GT adds more crops for use in that.)

Is it possible to grow the crops that require metal blocks below them on the multifarm??? It wouldn´t be that useful without it, except for oil berri and uum/uua berries :thumbdown: .

Also, can iou tell me what I´m doing wrong? How does the crop farm work?

• Is it possible to grow the crops that require metal blocks below them on the multifarm??? It wouldn´t be that useful without it, except for oil berri and uum/uua berries :thumbdown: .

Also, can iou tell me what I´m doing wrong? How does the crop farm work?

I haven't tried it myself, and Forestry's main wiki is still down, but the changelogs for Forestry and Forestry_Dev say it uses the orchard farm logic for the IC2 crops support, so I'm guessing you need to configure your circuit board to "Orchard", not "Crop Farm" (also, it was added Dec 30, so longer ago than last week). That might also mean that it can handle handle multiple layers of dirt (and possibly metal blocks) between the bricks used for the farm structure and the crop sticks you plant the crops in, since orchards generally have fruit higher than the first layer above the dirt.

Update: I have now confirmed that a Forestry "Orchard" works for harvesting IC2 crops, and at least it works with 0 or 1 layers of dirt between the farmland and the farm structure bricks, though I didn't check whether it could handle other blocks, like metal, coal, or gems under the crops.

• Can I not just use a BC refinery on the oil?
    Don't need charcoal, I run on the power of the wind. ;)

• Can I not just use a BC refinery on the oil?
    Don't need charcoal, I run on the power of the wind. ;)

the output is better. one can get tons of stuff from the oil in D. tower, not just fuel: plastic, explosives and such things. 5.9 makes things more difficult and it gives a reason to have technologi-progress regarding the generators.
    Btw. Wind is boring and OP :P

• the output is better. one can get tons of stuff from the oil in D. tower, not just fuel: plastic, explosives and such things. 5.9 makes things more difficult and it gives a reason to have technologi-progress regarding the generators.
    Btw. Wind is boring and OP:P

Hmm, probably will require a bit of minetweaker maintenance on behalf of everything else tweaked. New technologies means other things can be retired (Refinery as an example)
    But wind is so cheap, while I am oh so poor D:< (Plus, They're a tad modded as a result of my meddling so they degrade quicker and produce less KU/KE. (Not sure if it's units or energy it's measured in))

Still, I'm contemplating upgrading to .9 though.

• I'm not sure if I've done something wrong when assembling the pyrolyse oven or what.

Here is an imgur gallery of me putting it together: http://imgur.com/a/pjLxh

At first I thought it was related to the bug noted here: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/269 but that was fixed in Oct and the latest version was published in early January so I figured that should be all set? I'm using Beyond Reality Classic as a mod pack and it's updated to 5.09.19

I took the exact same setup in a test world and got the exact same results, am I missing something stupid here?

• [quote='Unhelpful','index.php?page=Thread&postID=198460#post198460']I'm not sure if I've done something wrong when assembling the pyrolyse oven or what.

Here is an imgur gallery of me putting it together: I'm not sure if I've done something wrong when assembling the pyrolyse oven or what.

At first I thought it was related to the bug noted here: I'm not sure if I've done something wrong when assembling the pyrolyse oven or what.

At first I thought it was related to the bug noted here: [url]https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/269 but that was fixed in Oct and the latest version was published in early January so I figured that should be all set? I'm using Beyond Reality Classic as a mod pack and it's updated to 5.09.19

I took the exact same setup in a test world and got the exact same results, am I missing something stupid here?The oven works, when the controller doesn´t show "incomplete structure" just test it, put some wood in it, it should work.

• The gallery says, the "incomplete Structure" is not in there anymore? So the multiblock is placed correctly.

Other possible errors: Correct use of the circuit. The pyro oven must have an correctly set circuit in it's slot in the GUI. Thats something different from all other multiblocks. Also the typical: Is the muffler not blocked?

• Ok, it turns out it was just me. After adding the circuit in it will now run. Sorry about that. Side note: The input/output/maint/controller blocks still haven't changed to the same hue as the ULV casings, or vice versa. As far as I'm aware this is the only multiblock that doesn't do that?

And to answer: Muffler was not blocked and the controller did not say incomplete structure.

• I haven't tried it myself, and Forestry's main wiki is still down, but the changelogs for Forestry and Forestry_Dev say it uses the orchard farm logic for the IC2 crops support, so I'm guessing you need to configure your circuit board to "Orchard", not "Crop Farm" (also, it was added Dec 30, so longer ago than last week). That might also mean that it can handle handle multiple layers of dirt (and possibly metal blocks) between the bricks used for the farm structure and the crop sticks you plant the crops in, since orchards generally have fruit higher than the first layer above the dirt.

Update: I have now confirmed that a Forestry "Orchard" works for harvesting IC2 crops, and at least it works with 0 or 1 layers of dirt between the farmland and the farm structure bricks, though I didn't check whether it could handle other blocks, like metal, coal, or gems under the crops.

All crops that require some metal block under them have a Root Length of 3; that means they check up to 3 blocks below them to find the relevant metal block. Therefore, you can place Cropsticks - Dirt - Multifarm - Metal, and it will work.

• Hey guys,

Can anyone take a look at this for me? I'm getting crashes when I load certain chunks while exploring, and then every time I load the save file after the initial crash has occurred. I'm assuming this has something to do with how terrafirmacraft/custom ore gen is affecting gregtech. The crash seems to only mention gregtech though, so I'm kind of stumped on what's causing the issue due to my rudimentary modding knowledge.

Though probably unrelated, I found a similar crash in reference to an older version of gregtech discussed here:
    [GregTech-6][1.7.10][Open-Alpha][Patreon][Please read Q/A first] Now with the Development IRC Channel #gt-dev on espernet.

Crash Report:
    http://pastebin.com/3ZqTNZYb

Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.

• Guys, need help. For crafting advanced circuit I need plastic. Plastic I can do with Oil Cracking Unit. But Oil Cracking Unit requires advanced circuit to craft! (GT version 5.09.19)

• Check other NEI pages. You can get plastic from any oil using distillery (either single block or multiblock). That is: oil -> sulfuric naphta -> naphta -> plastic. LV technology + 1 blaze rod is enough (but very inefficient).

• BloodAsp,
    Because we have recipe to make rubber in steam alloy smelter, may be LV cables could be returned to previous rubber isolation type?

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Ok. But what recipes are "make it nessary" now?
    Ah. nwm. Basic circuits. :)

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

Edited once, last by Sapient ().