[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• It solve the problem, but now it messed extrabees, because they crash with NoClassDefFoundError with some of their classes...but that's not your problem
    You helped me a lot. Again thx
    Toonu

Chocohead is working on a patcher for Binnie's Mods (although it doesn't cover Extra Bees yet), since Binnie has been MIA for a while - see the "Random IC2/Forum chat" thread.

• Official Post

Chocohead is working on a patcher for Binnie's Mods (although it doesn't cover Extra Bees yet), since Binnie has been MIA for a while - see the "Random IC2/Forum chat" thread.

Extra Bees should be ready late tonight or tomorrow, a lot less was broken than I'd expected.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah, that's a know problem, you can't have both forestry 3.6x and binnies mods or GT bees, if you want more bees, gendustry is already forestry 4.2 compatible.

Else, you have to use the right versions of NEI (and addons if wished) and use the old 3.6.12 forestry build and set GTbees=false.

• Hey guys,

Just a two quick questions about Large Plasma turbine math:

1: Is my math for finding mb of plasma consumed in a second correct: (64,000 * 40 ) / (59,392) = 43.10344828 mb/s
    So that's the optimal flow for an Osmium turbine, * by 40 since it's plasma and / by the fuel value of Nickel Plasma.

2: If my math is correct, I assume there is rounding being applied to that number? if so, would the real consumed mb/s be?

Thanks!

• Some plasma math

Same math for nickel plasma and large TSteel rotor

Production speed = 125L / 16t = 7.8125 L/t
    Fuel value = 464 200 / 7.8125 = 59 392 eU/L
    Optimal flow = 30 000 / 59 392 = 0.51 (= 1) L/t
    Energy production = Optimal flow (1 L/t) * Fuel Value (59 392 eU/L) * Rotor efficiency(140%) = 83 149 eU/t

Single MK3 Fusion reactor can supply 7.8125 turbines, so total energy production = 83 149 * 7.8125 = 649 600 eU/t

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

Edited 3 times, last by Sapient ().

• So I've got two questions. Do you know how the Optimal Flow is rounded? is it simply rounding to the nearest whole number?

And You seem to be calculating the energy output differently from how the Wiki explains which is Rotor Optimal Flow / 20(To get it into /t) * 40 * Efficiency. Is this the better way to do it, because your method seems to be more accurate since using the Wiki's method gets you 84,000

• is it simply rounding to the nearest whole number?

Yep. Unfortunately can't find post where BloodAsp confirmed it. But it is.

Turbine consumes plasma every tick, produces energy every tick, why should i math anything per sec? :)

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• Hm... seems like my math is correct only for GT 5.08
    In 5.09 we have some different numbers in rotor tooltips.
    For TSteel rotor optimal plasma flow (energyvalue per tick) = 24 000 eU/t
    For Osmium rotor = 48 000 eU/t

So for TSteel rotor
    Optimal flow = 24 000 / 59 392 = 0.40 L/t
    For Osmium rotor
    Optimal flow = 48 000 / 59 392 = 0.81 L/t

But in both cases its rounded to = 1 L/t :)

• Doesn't that mean that the Optimal flow on the rotor item is a little irrelevant then?, since as long as it's >=30,000 it will get rounded to at least 1?

So it's really all about the turbine's efficiency?

• Doesn't that mean that the Optimal flow on the rotor item is a little irrelevant then?, since as long as it's >=30,000 it will get rounded to at least 1?

So it's really all about the turbine's efficiency?

It depends of "Optimal flow on the rotor item" and "energyvalue of plasma".
    If 2-nd parameter is grater than 1-st, than is is always 1. In other cases there may be different numbers (2, 8).

• Is there any way i can implement "GT 5.09.14 Chainsaw now has timber function" to my 5.08.33 version of GT in a modpack? I use Infitech 2 and im kind of bummed out that i made expensive chainsaw but i can't use timber functionality.

• Which tool can harvest Brittle Charcoal in adventure mode? Pickaxe, Shovel and Axe do not work =-(

The Mary Sue is not defined by her power, but by her lack of an even more powerful opponent. ©LessWrong

• Tried: GT Iron and Flint axes, and Vanilla Wooden axe. Neither worked.
    Tried on vanilla GT modpack (IC2, GT, NEI) - did not work there too.

The Mary Sue is not defined by her power, but by her lack of an even more powerful opponent. ©LessWrong

• Hello, I wish ask about EBF, its setup and GT5E versions.

Firstly, mine setup at screens:

Secondly:
    I wish to make steel out of wrought iron. Using Thermal Expansion pipes im transporting oxygen from GT electolyzer to OpenBlock tank system, then im trying to put oxygen into EBF using GT bronze pipe and two LV e. pumps (showed on second image) attached to that pipe. Insertion and extraction between GT pipe and OB tank is ok - import/export options of pumps works correctly, tank gets filled and drained, but interaction between pipe and invisible here input hatch fails - EBF internal tank is not filling. It is able to fill only when dismantled and mounted again but with small amount of oxygen (about 2k) - also tryied with directly connected BC fluid pipes or TE fluiducts, all acts the same. Power and maitenance problems are solved, if cheated steel dust putted in input bus - its processed perfectly. Im aware that it is called 'Experimental' and my mods arent very up-to-date, still I wish to know how to solve it. Using java7, MC 1.7.10, forge with LiteLoader 10.13.4.1448, GT5E 5.09.01 and a bunch of other mods (tryied to update everything, but after 6 hours of fighting game keeps horribly lagging, no mater what).

Thirdly thus lastly:
    If GT5E needs to be updated, which version works good with which version of forge?

Thanks for sparing time reading this

• Did you add a new mod to your pack after the world allready started? If you add in later a mod that also adds it's own version of oxygen (or example Galactricraft does that), forge and GT screw up the fluid sorting and the filterlist of input hatches fails.

That can be fixed by using NBTedit on the savegame to remove the old wrong oxygen entry.

Also updating to the latest GT version(GT5.09.19) is recommended 5.09.01 is really buggy. Forge 1448 is also broken in multiplayer. At last update to 1492 or newer.

• Thats correct, ive added Galacticraft after setting up all my machines, but ive started making oxygen after it was installed. It still can interfere with GT?

EDIT:
    Ow my, i indeed have two different oxygen tanks in NEI.. how can i check which oxygen belgons to GT?

EDIT2:
    As i suppose, bugs may happen in very early version, anyway, when ive checked changelogs or ftb.gamepedia wiki threre are no writings about which version supports which forge.

EDIT3:
    Shiny crash after update to newest forge and GT5E: http://pastebin.com/RMmKGQ7Z. It looks like something wrongly interacted with Forestry or its plugins, dont it?