[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I know, this is an issue quite a while in GregTech, but have anybody done anything with machine tier penalty? The fact what i have to sacrifice majority of my fuel i put time and effort to harvest and refine to use high tech machines is driving me crazy. And every time when i am thinking about using HV machine i am remember what 4 LV will handle it as fast and they won't suck my batteries dry.

There isn't any obligation to upgrade a machine to a higher tier other than if a specific recipe requires one.

You see a "higher end" machine follows the GT philosophy of "2x Speed; 4x Power Usage". So most of the time, you're better off making more lower end machines. you can get an extra 50-100k eu/t from the best plasma in the MK3 fusion reactor by using all LV machines to do your processing.

Upgrade what you need. IMO, GT is more of a mod about balancing efficiency with your infrastructure. Don't feel like you need to upgrade them.

It is realy sad what almost every problem in gregtech balance is resolved by nerfing everything. And why is there have to be heavy tiering in the power sources? Why is it have to be encouraged to change your powersource if you for example would like to imagine running large coal power plant?
    "No! Coal is for the LV stage! Use oil. Its better!"
    "Still using your diesel generator of yours? I affraid it is no longer viable. Go build reactor now!"

Everytime i ask people on servers and they are talking about "the thing" as only viable solution.

I've been playing with this mod and mods in general for a long time and I don't think any power source can out live it's use unless something else is objectively better in every possible way.

MFR Tree Farm > Pyrolyse Oven > Boiler > Turbines is a fantastic power source throughout the entire game. If you aren't making enough EU... then build more tree farms!

IMO, the best way to play GT and even modded MC in general is to find your own ways to do things that make the game fun for you. Don't let people tell you how to play the game.

• There isn't any obligation to upgrade a machine to a higher tier other than if a specific recipe requires one.

You see a "higher end" machine follows the GT philosophy of "2x Speed; 4x Power Usage". So most of the time, you're better off making more lower end machines. you can get an extra 50-100k eu/t from the best plasma in the MK3 fusion reactor by using all LV machines to do your processing.

Upgrade what you need. IMO, GT is more of a mod about balancing efficiency with your infrastructure. Don't feel like you need to upgrade them.

That is the problem. There is a tonn of high tier machines what leaved untouched because of this "philosophy". You arent getting the satisfaction by making high tier machine because it is nearly useless or it's application so narrow, what you feel like being fooled.

I've been playing with this mod and mods in general for a long time and I don't think any power source can out live it's use unless something else is objectively better in every possible way.

MFR Tree Farm > Pyrolyse Oven > Boiler > Turbines is a fantastic power source throughout the entire game. If you aren't making enough EU... then build more tree farms!

I know, i know. But i also know about plans of nerfing fossil fuel by polution and idea of discouraging players from using coal as main power source and making power sources tier related.

• It has been a while and i still have not the main features finished i wanted in this update, but so there is something for you guys to do i updated GT.

GT 5.09.20

This update is again one that has many internal changes and little testing. So make sure to backup and prepare for some Bugs.

*Fixed heavy oil not generated(other oil types pumped might change as random generator was changed).
    *Changed some Crop stats to fix crossbreeding (by Nidan).
    *Fixed broken gui of modular armor(by miuirussia).
    *Fix Fusion Reactor starting without enough energy in buffer(by techlone).
    *Fix Forestry Log&Planks above meta 15 not changed by GT.
    *Added compatibility for Nuclear Control monitors to large turbines.
    *Fixed large turbine output above optimal flow incorrect.
    *Added sharpness entcant to HSS metals.
    *Made Large Fluid Cells cheaper and higher stacking.
    *Improved stats of sense.
    *Adding missing drop to Uranium crop.
    *High pressure turbine now deletes normal steam in input hatch to not get stuck by heat exchanger messing up.
    *Added Lathe recipes for wooden bowls.
    *Fixed mox fuel rods in fluid reactors.
    *Fixed impossible recipe in implosion compressor.
    *Added Silicone soft hammer.
    *Added assembling machine recipe for rotors.
    *Fixed Adv Miner II not stopping at bedrock.
    *Fixed Adv Miner II destroying Oil Sands.
    *Made HV Magic Energy Converter pre fusion tier.
    *Added Fluid Filter cover(shutter cover that only lets pass fluids it is set to. set by right click with fluid container).
    *Added Regulator cover(pump cover with adjustable L/sec).
    *Fixed shift right click with screwdriver not working (finally lowering values without looping trough up to 64 values).
    *Fixed Item Detector cover.
    *Hiding of all unused ores from NEI (about 3000 entrys removed from NEI, can be reenabled in config).
    *Hiding of recycling recipes (should improve search for the correct recipes a lot. About 30k recipes that no longer show in NEI but still work. Also with config).
    *Fixed Gunpowder unlocking clean dust achievement.
    *First internal works on Tool hardening and Pollution systems. Only about half done.

• Firstly thanks for the update and working on this in your free time!

But may I ask that you reconsider adding a Large Diesel Turbine? it is definitely something that would be fantastic to use with Ethanol and Nitro Diesel. It definitely does have use cases.

if not a large turbine, maybe have a white list of refined fuels that don't have the 75% efficiency nerf in the boilers?

Again, thanks for the update.

• Did you try Diesel Generators in a Processing Array?

I haven't actually tried that, but it was more because I enjoy the mechanics behind the turbine and it would be cool to have that with fuel production.

There is also the possibility of having it sit between the plasma turbine and the other 3 since there is a pretty large gap between them. Of course I'm not saying that there shouldn't be such a large gap, but that there is definitely a "spot" for it.

• Diesel "Turbine" somehow sounds wrong to me. Also adding a new turbine is quite a lot of work.

Processing Array does not work for generators.

Yeah I understand that it's a lot of work, but I feel like refined fuels definitely need something like turbines.

What about allowing them to be used in boilers?

• *Hiding of all unused ores from NEI (about 3000 entrys removed from NEI, can be reenabled in config).
    *Hiding of recycling recipes (should improve search for the correct recipes a lot. About 30k recipes that no longer show in NEI but still work. Also with config).

Praise Dome.

• some Bugs

Adv Miner II stops working if there are oilsand in his range. May it just ignore them ore mine as blocks?

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I can't quite figure out how large turbine works. Gas turbine for example.Will it consume all gas in the input hatch every second or just optimal flow value?

• I can't quite figure out how large turbine works. Gas turbine for example.Will it consume all gas in the input hatch every second or just optimal flow value?

I believe if you have more fuel in the hatch than the optimal flow /tick, the turbine will try and consume it.

It is also my assumption that it makes more power, but uses more fuel. However, if you are going for efficiency, then you should spread your fuel across multiple turbines that are all hitting their optimal flow.

In my testing, a large turbine with its hatch filled with fuel will never produce more energy than twice it's output at optimal flow. It is my understanding (and assumption) that it's consuming more than twice the optimal flow to balance this so it's more efficient with more turbines.

Can anyone confirm this?

• A multiblock turbine only produces as much as the optimal flow suggests. Everything supplied above the optimal flow will be used without additional output. Up to 125% usage. So if you supply unlimited, the turbine will waste 25% fuel compared to the optimal flow.

Below optimal flow will lower the efficiency. Suppling for example 50% the optimal flow will at the same time lower efficency to 50% resulting in 25% power output.