[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I looked through Tech Reborn, didn't see anything with the diversity of fusion generators and multiblock formula that GT4 had.

As well, even if using a Quarry and land markers for full spread of 64X32 blocks to bedrock it doesn't work out for mass mining with new system? that really is nerfed and one of the whole god sends of the tech mods... pretty much the goal to go for... so, i might just have to step it back. I love thinking things through and problem solving with the gregtech workings. Amperage and Voltage combination on energy source ect... However, it's still a game and meant to be fun, not what do i at work all day and around the house...

I might check it out and see what's going on with tech reborn, but also without a full wiki / ability to look over everything the mod has. If it's as complex as GT was even then without any reference, there's a lot undiscovered and no way the added machines ect would be difficult to find.

• Official Post

I might check it out and see what's going on with tech reborn, but also without a full wiki / ability to look over everything the mod has. If it's as complex as GT was even then without any reference, there's a lot undiscovered and no way the added machines ect would be difficult to find.

It functions pretty closely to Gregtech 2, just with stolen bits of IC2 in mixed in as well. The JEI support is pretty good too, so it's not bad to work out how to do things.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Miss GT4, that was perfection in my book. Great number and use of machines with a good tier of function and automation, but not as much trudgery and nerfing. Just can't find anything like it for 1.7 and some of the mods i'm using wouldn't work in older versions at all. so, guess i'll just have to learn GT5 and deal with that one. oh well...

• Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Is it normal that a processing array containing 16 basic centrifuges only takes 60 Redstone at once? I'm guessing this is because the recipe requires 10 Redstone per Centrifuge and because of the way its coded it caps at 64?

2. Would any of you mind sharing your Reactor designs? I'm thinking of investing into nuclear but I suck at reactor design ;(

3. Is it intentional that a turbine made from HSS-S has less durability than one made from HSS-E? It is better in optimal flow though...

4. What materials do you normally use for your turbine blades?

Thank you very much ;)

• 1. Is it normal that a processing array containing 16 basic centrifuges only takes 60 Redstone at once? I'm guessing this is because the recipe requires 10 Redstone per Centrifuge and because of the way its coded it caps at 64?

Yes, unfortunately that's a known issue that's impractical to fix: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/320
    On the plus side, I think when it does that it only consumes EU for the 6 working centrifuges, rather than for all 16.

• Malefactor:
    GregTech5U isn't that bad at all, especially when combined with some other mods like Buildcraft, Railcraft, Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics2 and some of their addons.
    Thermal Expansion for example has the Aquenos Accumulator for getting infinite water and one of the addons of Buildcraft has a water pump pipe doing the same and it also connects to GregTechs fluid pipes.
    But you really need a fresh world that has the ores from GregTech generated.
    And I prefer to use the quarry from Quarry Plus (addon to Buildcraft, bit old but still working very fine). It is funny to dig out holes of 240 x 240... :thumbup:

MauveCloud:
    That is the reason why I have so much cobblestone (~ 16 million pieces). ;)
    This is why I like AE2 and it's addon ExtraCells that much...

• Heh, actually, my research today found out a lot of this. Broke my old world (which i actually was hoping to save... i was going to just delete the mystcraft world i'd created and experimenting on)... Actually had a solid base build up going and the pixelmon app mod, already had 2 legendaries... oh well... went back and pulled all the dross from my mod list (no use for some of that stuff with the other mods... such as big reactors, rf windmills ect...) got GregTech working properly and figured it out... as well, found about a 10 hr tutorial that isn't actual gameplay, but a straight 10 hrs of explaining each and every machine / how to wire / how to configure ect all GT5 setups from start to finish and through the ages. I got through about 2 hrs of it today which should get me started well. So, just about to create my world... probably gonna give myself those 2 legendary pixelmon i lost just cause... that's not something you get every game...

• Tech Reborn is functionally GregTech 2 / GregTech 3, re-created for 1.7.10 (and made natively RF-compatible...), so if you liked the days of 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate that's the mod to bring it back. (No Steam/Bronze age though, that was GT4.)
    • [UNLESS BLOOD ASP HAS REWRITTEN IT this is what I knew from GT4]The Advanced Pump is really weird for one specific reason: it does not trigger Block Updates. And therefore, while it may be operating and may output fluid, you will not visually see any fluids removed from the world unless you re-load the chunk.
      Which will mess with your head.
  • Cool, appreciate it PaladinOne, but gonna give GT5 a chance. We'll see how it goes. From the initial play throughs i've tested with today, the ore spawning isn't THAT bad. It's not as great as i'd like, but not horrid. Will be a pain to get to the point it's really reliable work with, but doable. already built a new world and luck would have it... i spawned literally about 100 blocks away from a mineshaft... already have stacks of copper / dusts, some tin and working on building the bronze age now. have plenty of wood planks from the structures in mineshaft and even some rail now... so, shouldn't be too bad.

• Have fun in your new world then ;)You might find it helpful to mark every vein you come accroos on your map...
    I cant count how many times I needed one specific mineral and couldnt find the vein again ';(

• Have fun in your new world then ;)You might find it helpful to mark every vein you come accroos on your map...
    I cant count how many times I needed one specific mineral and couldnt find the vein again ';(

Ohhhyeah. Bring a minimap mod, and Waypoint every ore vein you find. You'll want to go back to them at some point when you need that one random material... or when you need your next stack of Iron Ore. or Tin :cursing:

• Just to clarify - Pyrolyse Oven is meant to be MV tier right? It requires Kanthal Coil Blocks which need a Vacuum Freezer to process the ingots, which in turns need Data Control Circuits, and that is a circuit meant for EV machines, requiring HV tech. Is this meant to be? I had to build numerous systems and HV machines - even needing to manufacture some C2F4.

• I'm confused by the math involved in the output of large turbines - the tooltips for the turbine items give the output for plasma and gas in EU/t, which might be multiplied by the efficiency of the turbine item (also the wiki indicates the optimal flow is the nominal output divided by fuel value), which indicates I should get at most 76800 EU/t using an osmium huge turbine in a large plasma turbine (equal to the output of 2.34 single-block Mark III plasma generators) and 1920 EU/t using it in a large gas turbine (equal to the output of 3.75 single-block turbo gas turbines) - I'd expect the real EU/t to be less once the optimal flow is truncated to an int. However, in https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/505, leagris says she gets 154419 EU/t with an HSS-G large turbine item in a large plasma turbine and nickel plasma, so obviously I'm misunderstanding the math. Is there someplace that explains it better, like maybe a Google spreadsheet listing the different EU/t outputs, optimal flows, and expected lifetimes for different turbine materials, sizes, and fuels?

• Just to clarify - Pyrolyse Oven is meant to be MV tier right? It requires Kanthal Coil Blocks which need a Vacuum Freezer to process the ingots, which in turns need Data Control Circuits, and that is a circuit meant for EV machines, requiring HV tech. Is this meant to be? I had to build numerous systems and HV machines - even needing to manufacture some C2F4.

It isnt MV Tier. It just requires very little power to operate.
    I built mine right after upgrading my EBF.

• It isnt MV Tier. It just requires very little power to operate.
    I built mine right after upgrading my EBF.

Actually, the tier of the pyrolyse oven is a little weird - even though the multiblock requires Kanthal coils like sprAngles mentioned, the recipe for the control block uses good circuits, MV pistons, and an MV pump. The recipes for making charcoal and coal coke (and creosote oil) in it require MV power, but you can make IC2 biomass in it using LV power, while making heavy oil from wood in it requires HV power.

P.S. The appropriate chemical formula for Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is (C2F4)n, not just C2F4.

• For informational, THESE videos have explained everything needed to know from start to finish. Math solutions / equations and how to... everything... literally... everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN76OxUpno8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LweWLSaVPSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu-A9p2aSHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLwEdAbg3k

No offense to Bear989. Saw your videos out there, but some were just as long without nearly the information. It's not that they're not good (they serve a good purpose of a step by step WHILE in survival mode and how to), but for specific mechanics, it's a bit of trudgery to sit through for the specific info you need. As you can see from these videos... almost 8-10 hrs of STEP BY STEP Explanation. No playing, no survival, simple cut and dry explanation of this mod takes 8-10 hrs total... Doing that much information WHILE actually playing the game would cover WEEKS worth of video. Which is still awesome, and good for those that JUST starting with GT and don't have at least a basic understanding of it from previous versions.

my big deal was knowing the exact changes and how they influence the goal i'm trying to achieve with what i know is possible. which still is totally possible, just more difficult and with more steps now.

oh, and i do have Reis Minimap for WP teleporting to and from waypoints (cause seriously... just traveling that distance is nothing but a waste of time if you're going for something specific. I don't mind "cheating" to bypass straight tedium as long as it's not killing the spirit of the game and you know you can already do it with what you have already done).

• no offence taken man, I do all my videos in survival for a reason, damn near no one else does. If people want creative videos to tell them everything then there are plenty out there, but not what I am going for with mine. that is why my videos, except for the few "tutorial" videos are all labeled LP.

Glad you figured this out and good luck!

• Cool, cause, i have been watching yours too. you've actually done a few things i didn't think of in your videos and nice to see anothers game play for that reason. Always room for improvement :) . Mostly, i do what you have though, with a few other tactics as well. Been debating doing the same as you do, but editing it for some of the running around ect to condense. And honestly, not that many tutorials... it took a full days searching to find those condensed tutorials i did and posted earlier... they're pretty buried.