[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Is there something planned for the Pollution-System, like an industrial air filtration system, which works against the pollution of the chunk?
    Chimneys with have to be a specific size in height to lower pollution?
    NBC-Hazmat suit to withstand acid rain or gasmask/respirator against the polluted air?

Something like:
    1 Multiblock Air Filtration cleans one/nine chunks of pollution.
    Efficiency/speed depends on applied filters (different tiers) and supplied energy.

• I thought i wrote it already often enough, but to repeat it again: There will be nothing added to actively reduce pollution. The only way ever will be to let it fade away on it's own.

Using higher tier machines allows to produce more while the same pollution happens. For multiblocks you install better muffler hatches.

• Is it possible to use Biomass in processing array with distilleries, if yes, how do you define the recipe?

Distillation Tower are more efficient.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Is it fair to post 5.10 bugs?

GT 5.10.06
    forge 12.18.2.2099 (reccomended)
    IC2 2.2.6.98-ex110 (latest)
    JEI 3.12.8.323 (reccomended)

Game seems to work without JEI installed but it's not very playable without the features it brings.
    When JEI is present there are massive slowdowns that aren't present otherwise.
    Adding InventoryTweaks 1.61-58 doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Pipes connect to each other and machines but cannot have covers placed on them.
    The machine surface overlay (thing that shows where to click to interact with adjacent or far side of machines/pipes) is not present.
    The scanner doesn't seem to be able to right click anything.
    Ores flicker slightly.
    Fusion reactor casing textures are missing.
    Optifine HD_U_D2 causes crashes (regardless of graphics setting).

• I'm in the Low Voltage electrical age, struggling to get the infrastructure together to construct my first battery. I've got one Basic Steam Turbine and 5 machines at this point, of which I can only really run one at a time.

What I'm not really understanding is where I should be advancing in terms of fuel sources. I'm constantly running out of charcoal. I'll be mid-project and I have to put the parts aside so I can collect charcoal from my burner pit and go out and chop more wood to refill it. I've installed 7 solar boilers, which has helped, but it's clearly not a long term solution.

I'm barely putting out 32 watts. I could build more turbines, but I'm not producing enough steam to run a second turbine. I could build a Large Boiler, but how am I going to keep it fueled? Running a couple of medium-voltage machines would be 8x my present fuel consumption, and high voltage is of course 4x that. It'd take an entire charcoal pit full to run a single high voltage machine for a few minutes.

• I'm in the Low Voltage electrical age, struggling to get the infrastructure together to construct my first battery. I've got one Basic Steam Turbine and 5 machines at this point, of which I can only really run one at a time.

What I'm not really understanding is where I should be advancing in terms of fuel sources. I'm constantly running out of charcoal. I'll be mid-project and I have to put the parts aside so I can collect charcoal from my burner pit and go out and chop more wood to refill it. I've installed 7 solar boilers, which has helped, but it's clearly not a long term solution.

I'm barely putting out 32 watts. I could build more turbines, but I'm not producing enough steam to run a second turbine. I could build a Large Boiler, but how am I going to keep it fueled? Running a couple of medium-voltage machines would be 8x my present fuel consumption, and high voltage is of course 4x that. It'd take an entire charcoal pit full to run a single high voltage machine for a few minutes.

See if you can ramp up your wood production via Forestry multifarm (or another mod if you prefer) and build your charcoal pit bigger before building a large boiler. However, for getting into MV and HV you might consider transitioning to biogas (via IC2 fluid/solid canning machines and distilleries first, then pyrolyse oven and distillation tower later).

• There are lots of fuel sources. Wood seems to make the most sense through MV. Things to remember: planting 4 spruce saplings next to each other is by far the fastest way to get wood. Also you can program robots in opencomputers with a lumber felling axe (I think this in GT now. if not other mods like tinkers add it) to take down entire trees quickly.

Methane or biogas from farms is fun but requires a massive farm (I suggest playing with compact layouts and vertical stacking). Oil if that's available may be viable (buildcraft oil was never logistically feasible but maybe GT oil is). Nuclear's resource requirements are around the HV territory.

• I have a bit another ask, but small sugestion to Gus_Smedstad - ive tryied to make carrot and potato farm for methane using buildcraft transport and energy pipes and MFR harvesters and planters. At first few layers of dimensions 7 wide and 127 long was quite fine, but adding more layers brings also more internal ticks, which lead to lags and skipped ticks. Now i will try to move it more further away from my base and use upgrades to make harvesters and planters use 25x25 area instead 3x3 - hope that will bring a lot of vegetables to make methane with much smaller lags, also im considering usage of Thermal Dynamic stuff instead of BC piping. My point is to make large gas turbine connected to processing array filled with centrifuges, if anybody tried this i will be gratefull for sharing results of effiency and lags. Anyway, main ask which i wish to know - is there any addon, shared sheet or config which will show me exactly durability of meta tools made of certain materi als? Those at wiki has different values and does not showing all available materials from my mods bundle, moreover at every start they are shuffled and mixed. It could be even a bit formatted text file - i will reformat that into excell or similar program to sort it or make filters.

PS. One more thing - try to get MV asap for IC2 adv. batteries - if not disabled - they dont need hard-to-find anitmony, has quite good capacity and are cheap. If you have rotary craft installed, i suggest to make few steam engines to get easy managable RF producers in form of rotational dynamos, which needs to be converted to GT electricity or electric generators to produce IC2 electricity - what is then easier to convert into GT; then try to build self-sufficient hydrokinetic turbines - a lot of nearly free power if builded properly. Im using 2 chained by 4 of them, giving my base 4MW of power which is enough to run most of my machines simuntanously and MV matter fabricator stuff.

• Man, that Antimony requirement for battery hulls is a killer. It's only available in Tetrahedrite veins, either as a byproduct of tetrahedrite itself or from Stibnite which also only occurs in those veins. Which only spawns above level 70, so pretty much Extreme Hills, I guess. I've gone wander a very long way, looking for exposed deposits on the surface, and have yet to see any.

• Man, that Antimony requirement for battery hulls is a killer. It's only available in Tetrahedrite veins, either as a byproduct of tetrahedrite itself or from Stibnite which also only occurs in those veins. Which only spawns above level 70, so pretty much Extreme Hills, I guess. I've gone wander a very long way, looking for exposed deposits on the surface, and have yet to see any.

Actually Tetra is pretty easy to find outside Extreme Hills and can also be found in Green Hills if playing with Extra Biomes XL. Also for your power needs Lignite is nice since it spawns in huge vein quantities and burns longer than Charcoal I think. I'm not on my server atm so going off of memory here so try Green Hills since it often spawns in villages along with Bauxite.

• Actually Tetra is pretty easy to find outside Extreme Hills and can also be found in Green Hills if playing with Extra Biomes XL. Also for your power needs Lignite is nice since it spawns in huge vein quantities and burns longer than Charcoal I think. I'm not on my server atm so going off of memory here so try Green Hills since it often spawns in villages along with Bauxite.

No, in 5.08 lignite burns 3/16 as long as coal/charcoal (or the same as planks) in a furnace, and gives 1/4 as much energy in a GT boiler. It's been a bit since I've looked at lignite in 5.09, but the changelog says it the burn value was rised 3x, which would make it burn 9/16 as long as charcoal in a furnace, and possibly 3/4 as much energy in a GT boiler.

Also, for finding tetrahedrite veins, you can also find them in the Nether (and it's fairly common for there to be Netherrack at layers 80-120 for it to generate in), and they're more common because there are fewer vein types that are valid for the Nether (although I discovered that Biomes O' Plenty (which adds more biomes to the Nether in 1.7.10 at least) somehow interferes with that and causes overworld vein types to generate in the Nether)

• I'm not playing with any biome mods at present. I wonder if I'm doing the search wrong somehow. I've searched about 250 chunks worth of Extreme Hills from the exterior, and found 9 veins, but they were all coal, magnetite, and bauxite.

I've wandered over 2500 chunks or more (hard to estimate easily), but most of that was too low. I've got a broad, broad expanse of Mesa, but I'm assuming that ore doesn't generate inside colored clays, and that's all the high material. Certainly I haven't seen any other veins.

I should really just go branch mining in the Nether, I guess, but part of me is wondering about how easy it is to find tetrahedrite if you're looking for copper for bronze. I've got lots, but most of it is blocks generated by IndustryCraft, Forestry, or Railcraft. Which I've since turned off because it feels excessive. I'm still finding lots of it in chunks generated prior to adjusting the config, of course.

EDIT: This is what my map looks like at present. Just to be clear.

• Knowing what I know about chunk generation and statistics I'd say your best bet to find new biomes is to go in a straight line. It makes an ugly map but it'll give the result you want. Nether is probably a better bet.

• I finally found a tetrahedrite vein, after exploring roughly double the area you can see above. In trying to express how much area I've covered, I realized you could describe the white-and-gray areas that are obvious extreme hills as "mountain ranges," in which case I'd only explored 3 before, and I found Cassiterite in range 5 and Tetrahedrite in range 6. Of course that understates how much time went into it, since each "range" covers a large map area when you're exploring it on foot.

It's been an interesting, if exhausting experience. The difference between this and vanilla reminds me of the difference between vanilla Factorio and Factorio with the Resource Spawner Overhaul. In vanilla minecraft, I never had to venture far from home. Dig down far enough and I'd find everything I could use. Here, I had to actively search for a considerable time, and it's going to be a long haul back and forth to my base. If I had the resources, and the vein is large, I'd be seriously tempted to build a railway to and from to simplify haulage use chest carts and to speed it up in general.

I'm not really set up to do that, though. The main issue is that making railway ties with Railcraft is extremely tedious by hand. For a track of this length (1700 meters from home, according the Xaero's Minimap waypoints), there's no point in doing it unless it was automatic. It's 1700 * 4 / 32 = 212 ties plus 240 steel rods.

• No, in 5.08 lignite burns 3/16 as long as coal/charcoal (or the same as planks) in a furnace, and gives 1/4 as much energy in a GT boiler. It's been a bit since I've looked at lignite in 5.09, but the changelog says it the burn value was rised 3x, which would make it burn 9/16 as long as charcoal in a furnace, and possibly 3/4 as much energy in a GT boiler.

Also, for finding tetrahedrite veins, you can also find them in the Nether (and it's fairly common for there to be Netherrack at layers 80-120 for it to generate in), and they're more common because there are fewer vein types that are valid for the Nether (although I discovered that Biomes O' Plenty (which adds more biomes to the Nether in 1.7.10 at least) somehow interferes with that and causes overworld vein types to generate in the Nether)

The reason I suggested Lignite is that in .26 it does burn better and when you're out looking for other ores anyways you'll usually find huge deposits of it. So instead of constantly having to stop and chop wood down he can grab a ton of it while farming his other ores. This way he accomplishes so much more in a shorter amount of time.

• Lignite is common, I won't dispute that - random weight 160, and vein density of 8, so it's an attractive option when not using a mod to automate tree farming. However, burning longer than charcoal? That is what I'm disputing. Charcoal in gem, crushed, impure dust, or plain dust form has burn time of 1600 and boiler energy of 160. Lignite has burn time of 1200 in 5.09 (experimental) and boiler energy of 120.