[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• For BloodAsp: I suggest putting that there's an amp limit of 2 in the tooltip. This is very counterintuitive.

My assumption was the opposite of yours, I thought energy hatches had a limit of 1 amp, like most machines.

Fortunately, the Feed The Beast page on the Electric Blast Furnace talks about the 2 amp demand, and warns about the dangers of only using 2 LV hatches.

• This contradicts experiments I did a few years ago. I could not reach a pipe's rated throughput, even when it was a single pipe block, without using 1 shutter per pipe block.

Also I believe in a partially filled series of pipes each pipe does not transfer the entirety of their contents to adjacent pipes. Pumps can be used to force a high rate with little fluid.

• It appears that the Electric Shunting Wire from Railcraft is suppressed by Gregtech. It exists in NEI, but has no recipe. Is there an intended way to bridge gaps in electric track if Gregtech 5U is installed? Obviously it's highly aware of Railcraft, since it has all those assembler recipes for Railcraft tracks and items.

• It's probably not suppressed, just not duplicated. NEI can't detect mod machines automatically. Gregtech and IC2 register their machines with NEI, but many other mods, including Railcraft, do not. You need the mod NEI Integration and/or NEI Addons (each handles different sets of mod machines).

Is there a better source of Manganese than praying to hit a rare as hell vein of ore?

• How do I dispose of all the water electrolyzing clay makes?

Also getting a lot of lag from this steam pipe (when either the steam source turns off or the batteries fill up lag vanishes). It was fine in creative but the difference in game is what I've got are basic steam turbines, so it splits 9 ways, no loops in it thanks to a bunch of iron plates and I tried using shutters on the joints.

• BloodAsp, would you please remove any trace of the "GT_FluidStack" class and replace all the Fluid Keys inside the RecipeMap with String Keys? This will fix a huge Memory leak that GT5 is having. Thanks.

So this https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…bfa18555266947aad909ff2e0 alone does not do everything? Because after that change there was no complain to me anymore. I know of serveral endgame servers that can run for more than a week without the memory overflowing.

• Official Post

That does fix the main issue indeed, but the recipe system might get issues due to doing that. That is why I suggested to remove that thing entirely like I did in GT6, since it doesnt serve any purpose whatsoever if it is done the proper way. And I have people who are up to date, talk about testing out this issue right now, so maybe something was missed there.

And the Version they run is up to date and has this Patch that you mentioned, yet still http://i.imgur.com/bg5FyUY.png happens on Clients, meaning onServerStarted is never called, when you join a Server, meaning you have to reboot your Client after a while.

• You can't attach a machine control cover to the control block of an Oil Cracking unit. My understanding is that if the output hatch is full, any further output gets destroyed. I wanted to create some redstone circuitry to shut down the Oil Cracker if the tank I'm using as an output buffer gets full.

I can of course always shut down the pipe supplying input fluid, but that doesn't do anything about the fluid still in the input hatch, which will continue to process.

The requirement that the control block be centered is a little inconvenient for this as well. I initially thought this meant "any casing in the middle ring," but putting it on the bottom-center so I've got another face exposed to place the machine control cover results in "structure incomplete." I'd rather have one face of the control block visible so I can see if the cracker's active.

• How does that work? Attach a machine controller to the control block before the structure's complete, and a wireless receiver cover on another side, again before it's complete?

Not that a wireless cover is an option for me as yet, that requires a EV sensor, which in turn requires titanium. The reason I'm building the Oil Cracker is to make Teflon, which I need to make a vacuum freezer which will let me cool ingots, such as kanthal and titanium.

• This contradicts experiments I did a few years ago. I could not reach a pipe's rated throughput, even when it was a single pipe block, without using 1 shutter per pipe block.

I just had a situation in my Survival mode world where I was pumping a lot of fluid through a very long (20+ segment) Tiny Bronze pipe, and got the full 400 L/sec rate. It increments in 1/2 second updates, so the number increased in steps of 200, which can misleading. It was definitely pumping at 400 L/sec because it took 5 seconds to fill 2 cells with fluid.

So no, you don't need shutters or pumps to get the full rate. The only case where pumps are going to help is if you're moving significantly less fluid than the pipe's capacity. Then you get backwash.

You can move controller and hatches after attaching covers to them. It even stores the set configs of them.

I thought I had an a work-around which wouldn't require a wireless cover, but it didn't work.

I put the controller cover on the Oil Cracker control block's side, and applied redstone to a Project Red wire running across that adjacent block. The wire normally energizes any block it's running across. This works, for example, if the machine control cover is on a pipe segment, there's a stone block on top of the cover, and a wire running across the stone block.

It didn't work.