Hardcore Kirara 3.0 - Custom NPC village

• ;( sad, wanted to be a ninja challange :c ( like IRL ).

Like IRL, haha.

And... Since Greg-NPC isn't the main reason we get Custom NPCs (No it's not. ;P), anybody has suggestions other than that for Pyro ?

EDIT : Airam agrees. Listen to him for once. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• How about a bit cheaper early game metal working? instead of 2ingots per plate 5 ingots for 4 plates?

Generally metals related stuff.

As quest giver maybe quests about gathering rare ores/metals?

And since i missed this thread for a few days:

Funny this happens just as I'm about to hop back onto Kirara after a stupidly long hiatus. I'm in.

EDIT: Didn't Bloody have some kind of idea for a town a while back, where everyone had certain types of jobs? This could mesh with that idea rather nicely, where people can sell certain types of goods in a town, and be able to expand within limit.

I plan to make a soft version of that with GTExtras research. Allowing to be more efficient trough research allowing to create ares where you are better than others.

It seems nice seen that way however. Starminer could well be added later. I suggested it be it's too obscure for people to care. And Galacticraft will be next question on my thread. Probably. If people wouldn't mind me splitting the oregen a bit, I think it could make the game real long and sort of an epic quest. As I plan on hosting the server for as long as people are interested... I think even though this will take forever, we might see the end. ;P

How about one ore needed for progression on moon in average/low frequent oreveins. Mars has a second ore for progression in average/low frequency and the moon ore in high frequency. The asteroids have no new progression ore but moon/mars ores in high frequency. Also rare overworld/nether ores should spawn there more frequent. That way those going far trough galacticraft could easily sell ores to others that do not want to do galacticraft.

Also the town certainly needs a inn with (private?) rooms for beds and a small storage.

• WHAT? HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST ALMOST 1:1 CONVERSION OF METALS TO PLATES IN EARLYGAME?! BURN THAT ABOMINATION!! XD

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Anything making tech progression easier, like ingot plating by NPC, is vetoed for now.
    The only exception to this rule is very early game metals, and they will be expensive.

I need to see how the game will turn out with things I already planned before taking more decisions.

---------------------

By the way, I don't want to sound rude here, but I don't want K3 to become a Pokedex/beating simulator of every GT player/modder in existence...
    I have some kind of a story behind all the stuff I'm making right now, and I don't really want it altered by endless cameos and easter eggs, especially if said users plan on playing (or at least trying) the server.

I made some kind of parody of GregoriusT as a boss because I found it hilarious that we could use said NPC as some kind of punching ball when something in GT6 went wrong ("That's for my melted crucible, you bastard !").
    You know, some kind of harmless joke. Even if it WILL one-shot you if you're not prepared.
    I made a parody of him instead of trying to make a more convincing alter-ego, for multiple reasons. I even renamed it "Mad GregoriusT".

However, I should've seen the consequences, shouldn't have done that, and I'm sorry for everyone wanting his/her place as a NPC on the server,
    as there's a very high probability I won't do it.
    When I'm thinking about it, that's even a douchey move against Greg, even if it was not the intent.
    Now, I heavily consider removing Mad Greg and avoid making direct player-based easter eggs in the future.

• That's kinda sad. I understand however. Should people keep on hyping it that bad, I suggest you remove it as well. (And avoid them in the future, yes.)
    Although I don't think it's douchey. It was meant to be funny. Can't be douchey. Unless it"s insulting. And this is not.

Also, 1 copper shouldn't be expensive, since a vein gets you hundreds. I think including higher tier metal in an unprocessed way would be a good thing as well. (I.E Bauxite.)

Or how about 1:1 ingot to plates but they have to pay for it with money gained in quests?

That. Great idea.

How about one ore needed for progression on moon in average/low frequent oreveins. Mars has a second ore for progression in average/low frequency and the moon ore in high frequency. The asteroids have no new progression ore but moon/mars ores in high frequency. Also rare overworld/nether ores should spawn there more frequent. That way those going far trough galacticraft could easily sell ores to others that do not want to do galacticraft.

Also the town certainly needs a inn with (private?) rooms for beds and a small storage.

D: I said staaahp !

*Puts on tin foil hat.*

Now, can you read my mind, CAN YOU ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• By the way, I don't want to sound rude here, but I don't want K3 to become a Pokedex/beating simulator of every GT player/modder in existence...
    I have some kind of a story behind all the stuff I'm making right now, and I don't really want it altered by endless cameos and easter eggs, especially if said users plan on playing (or at least trying) the server.

I was just going with the flow. No need to add named NPCs. But please keep the Mad Greg as an execption.

Anything making tech progression easier, like ingot plating by NPC, is vetoed for now.

I only meant that as an way for players to decide beween mining time and questing time. Not exactly any tech jump here.

D: I said staaahp !

*Puts on tin foil hat.*

Now, can you read my mind, CAN YOU ?

What, you can't read minds?

• Actually, I like the "ingot + coins = plate" idea. I'll add this to the planned Blacksmith.

Concerning ore trading, I will come up with a fair price and see what happens. If it gets too much in the way of trading between players, I will probably increase their prices though.

Also, I don't want anyone who asked to be an NPC to feel bad, my only intent was to stop that before it gets out of hand for me.

• I fully support this. Individual player NPCs would end up really messy.

• I don't see a problem on keeping only the most famous people here on the forum as parodied NPCs. I know its quite selfish saying so because i'm possibly one of them though.

It feels like I've seen you before...