[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• I +1 all of these. ^ ^ ^^

• What mods are included or not is not based on majority vote but on my judgment, which should have been obvious that many mods were included right off the bat without any voting. The voting columns are only there for me to get a better grasp of what people want. I tend to base my judgment off:

Factors that make the mod worth including
    1. What most people want (voting column)
    2. Trying to particular individuals happy with the content
    3. Reward for contributing to the modpack
    Factors that make the mod worth excluding (these typically take precedence)
    4. Mod stability
    5. breaks gameplay (exploits, OPness)
    6. Doesn't fit with the rest
    I'm not a fan of democracy personally because the minority has no voice. Therefore I'm compensating for that with 2. Granted that the voice of one person is going to be of less weight than the voice of two, but in a democracy it has no weight. If your wants are always contrasting with the rest, then you always going to lose no matter what. I don't think that is fair. If there are 3 people voting then you should at least have your way 1 time out of 3 (assuming they are of equal importance to each) according to a truly representative government and not two wolves and a sheep voting for what's for dinner.

That said TC, Steve carts and IHL were included more based on 2 amd 3 than 1.

I hope Nono and spacey can resolve their issues as adults now. I have personally not seen any evidence of vote fraud. Zulf's column was deleted, and after his return I asked him if he deleted his own column. He didn't answer, but neither did I see him surprised that his column were gone. If enough people insist, we can take the vote to a more reliable medium, but that is going to delay the release again significantly.

@Surio Carambola parabola! I know you're busy but at least come on IRC :D
    Nexey Sure, let me just first put in nerfnexey.jar, so we can be feel reasonably safe on the server ;D I've been waiting for the new lomy to come back to play on Kirara for a long time now spearheading the discovery of OP stuff that might need nerfing.

All your nerfs are belong to us

• Kirara Reborn

Scripts and configs attached. (its a 7z file not zip, rename because forum doesn't accept that extension)

Full modlist:

After seeing the much awaited improvements with RTG yesterday, I might set up a Q-portal connected parallel world with RTG.

• Yes please. Two worlds with ATG and RTG that are qcraft connected will be amazing. Can you keep the BoP mod in even if we are not using its worldgen, so I can use the BoP items in my tweaks (and also so that they are obtainable for decoration)?

I'm not a fan of democracy personally because the minority has no voice.

The minority has a voice. It's their responsibility to use that voice to discuss with other people and reach a mutually agreeable solution, or possibly change their minds. Much as how Zulf has successfully convinced me that with his work, IHL has been properly balanced and will not be a negative addition to KR, I'm sure that certain other people with unpopular opinions are capable of articulating it in a cordial, nonoffensive, comprehensible, and logically sound fashion. Unfortunately, it has not happened so far, which is why that opinion remains a minority.

I hope Nono and spacey can resolve their issues as adults now. I have personally not seen any evidence of vote fraud. Zulf's column was deleted, and after his return I asked him if he deleted his own column. He didn't answer, but neither did I see him surprised that his column were gone. If enough people insist, we can take the vote to a more reliable medium, but that is going to delay the release again significantly.

And the fake votes being put in under other people's names? The "0" and "-" votes for TC addons mysteriously turning into blank boxes? The TC column being red despite majority vote for it? Airam even literally admitted that he was "sabbotaging" [sic] votes yet has not apologized for it a single time.

To come to an agreeable resolution I only need that Airam apologise for his conduct, agree to not repeat this behaviour in the future, and start acting professionally befitting his apparent status as modpack creator. I don't think this is too much to ask for.

• Comes down to forum to see how KR is coming along
    Sees Shitstorm

Why am I surprised.... :wacko:

Hold my hand bro! D:

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• To come to an agreeable resolution I only need that Airam apologise for his conduct, agree to not repeat this behaviour in the future, and start acting professionally befitting his apparent status as modpack creator. I don't think this is too much to ask for.

Finally, I sucessfuly ignored to reply to any of the posts here that was written past ~24 hours.
    That is my plan, indeed! Remorse the most effortless and fastest solution.

So yep, Nono was greatly offended especially when I came into "deffensive-offense" and that was not needed.
    All those arguments were useless but I got a great amount of data to analyze thanks to it.
    Ishi an others who was offended during this KR creation, I appologize. I really needed this data and I couldn't think about another unique place to collect it(where I also could leave without "injuries").
    I also promise, that such "offensive" experiments won't ever happen here, on Kirara.

Here's your cookie of peace:

• ^^ What's RTG? Also, one minor mod correction in the mod list? See above.

On a related note (on that democracy and minority quote from you), All hail keda, our resident anarchist ^^

• Yes please. Two worlds with ATG and RTG that are qcraft connected will be amazing. Can you keep the BoP mod in even if we are not using its worldgen, so I can use the BoP items in my tweaks (and also so that they are obtainable for decoration)?

^^ Just a small anecdote from me regarding BoP. I downloaded the infinity evolved pack yesterday to check how things change in the pack, and man, BoP messes worldgen by quite a lot, even if you don't choose it in worldgen. After a lot of bad worldgens, I've simply disabled it and then things got a lot better.

It's become very invasive as a worldgen mod, in my very humble opinion. For a while this has been a BoP issue, and I've voted "vanilla worldgen" over BoP for a long time now. The EXBL wood and decoration items used to be quite nice, last time I played with them (a while back, TBH). So I guess, you are probably not missing much by means of decoration?

Also, big trees made world gen look nice too... IIRC, someone mentioned it here recently?

EDIT to add: Both anesos and eyamaz also faced similar issues in their BnB LPs with BoP worldgens, and ended up disabling BoP entirely from their "pack LPs"

• I only see 2 options about what happened concerning Airam :
    Nonotan is too easily offendable (no offense but that happens)
    Airam was really mean (and that would surprise me from him)
    The only time I got in trouble with Airam was more than a year ago, I was being a silly and annoying kid saying "mining tin o/" or random crap like this all the time. He told me directly he couldn't bear me anymore. I've taken what he told me in account, I grew up and realised he was right from the beginning. And hey, now he's telling me some dad jokes when I hop onto IRC whereas back then he couldn't see my name appear in the chat anymore. What got stuck in my mind afterward was to listen carefully to mean / hateful persons, even strangers. They either have a right reason to hate you and tell you what's wrong, or are just being meaningful for no reason and are not telling you why, hence you have to not care about them. Good thing Airam is the first kind of person.

I confused Airam and Surio in this message, this story happened with Surio but I forgot him. That doesn't mean Airam isn't a nice person but I wanted to sum up this fact :p

Airam helped me a few time and he's a nice guy to talk to, unless you paint his machines pink (I'm still laughing today)

• Messy base => Owner's place
    Clean, organized base => Visitor's fault
    Clean, organized base but a lot of blocks causing fps drops to visitors but none to the owner => still the visitor's fault

• I used to have over 4k carpenter's blocks at my base on Kirara 4, never had a problem. But when I would go to Grag's base on Kirara 2, I would be at 15 fps, so a loss of 45 fps at least.