[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• what did nexey spam, greg?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Blub, don't be shy, you can ask me directly.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• i figured i'd ask greg, as he was the one who deleted the post. and because reasons. i don't really know.

also, this is godly

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• How about this... I thought about doing sort of a closed beta for the pack, if you will. I would allow a few users in a few days after opening in a few days. I would keep only the disabling part of my recipes on a first.

Then I would slowly enable recipes as I change stuff in them. Once players judge this is sufficient, people will start to establish. You are encouraged to roam within the borders that will have been pregenned as much as you like to find a suitable place to call home. Might do a few farms and things to be able to explore but not too much.

My guess is everything will be good enough to be played in a month. Players might decide it's time sooner. 2 weeks would be decent. 10 days is bare minimum. So official opening should be around the tenth minimum.

Would that be okay with you ? (When I say nerf recipes, it's more change them to GT-looking recipes. I shown a few, people seemed to like them.)

That way you could also come in and tell me : "This recipe fucking sucks." You may also change it yourself on the GH and submit a pull request. You may also tell me you like it, if that's the case. ;P

So yeah. No more wondering what would be or would not be enabled, nothing would be. ;P I guess by 10th day, major mods such as Forestry, BC, IC2 would be done as well as vanilla. (While BC would take me a while, Forestry would be done in half a day.) I would also do first tier of Galacticraft. Think that'd be decent to begin with. By day 30, I expect to have 80% of everything done. Then I would start to play myself...

KEDA I WANNA PLAY WITH YOU. Your base on K1 - K2 ? Anyway it's fucking amazing. Best base I've seen on Kirara so far. No offense to others. ;P Greg and SpwnX base was really nice as well.

Also, thinking about this, I would... REALLY like people to team up. More people are interested in this than I thought. I used to have 2 servers with 160 mods + fancy worldgen + physics and since we only had 2 teams, it was perfect. No lag whatsoever. PFAA as well. So it's doable. Let's just not chunkload the whole thing, m'kay ?

K1 - K2 now have the same modlist and the qCraft portals should be working. I hope. Did not test them. Do not go to three though. Still broken. K4 still stays the same.

This all. Tell me what you think.

Guys, we've got Kirara thread here, not "Official Off-topic posting thread".

Is there such a thing ? I'd need that.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Edited 2 times, last by Arch ().

• I'll unfortunately not be able to pay by the release date. I'l have heavy exams (Le baccalauréat) during a whole week, I'll still hang out with you on IRC / TS but consider me joining 24th, pretty much by the time the pack will be done so this is great! Maybe even later if my gf comes home right after the exam but that's fine.

• Oh well, my first exam is the 17th so I'll maybe join to claim a swamp and get things going, I'll try getting a base with moo

• Oh well, my first exam is the 17th so I'll maybe join to claim a swamp and get things going, I'll try getting a base with moo

Luckily for you, there's swamps on 50% of coasts with my setup. It's also the best place to stay with Enviromine. Plenty of different biomes for swamp.

Should make it more diverse.

And... Who do I get to play with ? I'll ask keda, but if he doesn't want, I'll have to play with someone else. Poor things.

Anyway, you don't need to "team" up, but at least form small campments with 2-3 close bases. 2 close bases of 2 people would be awesome and would allow more players unto the server.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I'm worried about chunk loading. I would like to have some chunks loaded to let a machine process stuff, but it is not what I want to talk about.
    The places of the bases will maybe chunk load half of another base so we need to setup a rule to make sure outsiders to make a base so close to mine it would chunk load half of it.
    My plan is to go with forestry asap, I'll make a wheat farm and a mushroom farm to get dirt. So this requires big setups which will glitch out if not loaded correctly.
    Of course you can play with me!
    And concerning gravity, greg added a construction pickaxe which mines ores and stone 50% slower but construction blocks 50% faster. Maybe you can find his method of checking which block is an ore / stone and maybe you can generate a list automatically with ALL the entries to apply gravity to the stone blocks.

• I'll try getting a base with moo

Anyway, you don't need to "team" up, but at least form small campments with 2-3 close bases. 2 close bases of 2 people would be awesome and would allow more players unto the server.

Sounds good ^^

How about this... I thought about doing sort of a closed beta for the pack, if you will.

So a few people onto the map to look at the new recipes as you release them, and to see it's all working correctly. Then after the two weeks (or however long) the map gets open to the public? So anything we do in the beta will most likely stay?