[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• Long time no see. How are the servers going? Still down? Otherwise active? Invultri, Nono, Linus, BadAlchemy all gone? Are the whitelists inherited and mostly unpurged from the older servers?

• Official Post

Long time no see. How are the servers going? Still down? Otherwise active? Invultri, Nono, Linus, BadAlchemy all gone? Are the whitelists inherited and mostly unpurged from the older servers?

Servers going fine so far. Invultri n company are not playing but invultri at least can be found on IRC. Nonoriri seems to be on IRC too although I dont see him? speaking.
    Whitelists were inherited from old servers.

• So... I've got told apologizing was boring. So I'll go with this : "I'm back, bitches !"

Arch is currently very sparsely online due to IRL Issues. You may need to wait a little. Sorry about that.

I could quote every message in here and answer to them all. I'll quote only this one as it is the most important one in my opinion. Thanks Greg for telling people over TWENTY days after I disappeared that I did not suddenly liquify or turn to ashes. I'm trying to stop that. I swear.

So bad news is... I left server in a kinda shitty state for a while because RL and couldn't do shit against it.

Good news is keda now has root access on the server and could troubleshoot should something so drastic would happen again. 6 days downtime really sucks, I know, but as I don't plan on repeating mistakes over and over, it won't happen again. Unless keda also takes a liking to turn into liquid while I'm ****ing **** in a ****'s ***. Who knows ?

If anybody cares, I've lived through 3-4 years of awful depression and it's finally over after surviving one month with all kinds of retards and fucknuts. The reason I did not post in here is because I felt too... Shitty (Meh ?) to leave the server like that and had no idea when this would end. I could go into more details, but I usually keep those rants for the IRC channel, which some of you should visit. Pretty lively in there. Good place to be when I'm not around at all times !

So. Let's continue and skip the boring apologies and explanation for now. Since I'm back for good, I bet you'd like to hear about my future projects with the server. I haven't left you and I'm back on track as soon as now.

First thing first. Current servers that work and that will still work for a long time will be given some love. This includes petting them, cuddling them and most importantly updating them. First to get updated will be HK3 as usual as it is the most active. I will also update K1, but that will come later today as currently I'm totally ignoring the people who came to visit us. K2... Well K2... Airam do love K2 still, but only because my next project which I will talk about in a minute is not yet open. Not even sure this one will update. Or maybe it will. Or... Eh, dunno. Probably will, just 'cause, although I do believe this to be unneccessary.

Nothing too dramatic so far (Except the amount of updated mods which is pretty much that... Dramatic.), and if you had faith in me all along, you knew this was coming. Now... Some people noticed K4 is not able to be accessed anymore. Well I closed it one day and realised a few day after I never opened it again. Invultri would agree with me there... People wanted some GT6 LONG before it was ripe and even with tremendous effort, there's no way the server (which did not even have complete oregen...) could've been as good as the others. In my opinion, it was a dead weight I was carrying. Not that it was hard to update or anything... But at a point or another, I would've killed it. People moved out AS SOON as HK3 came out, and even if they didn't like the survival aspect of it... They never went back to K4. Glad those people are still around though and are just waiting for me to open something great, just a little bit less... Yeah. A little bit less like HK3. =]

So... If I update only K1 and HK3... That leaves two empty spot. My mind is pretty much set on what I'd like to do with it... But I'd still like your opinions. If you think you've got ZEH PLAN, tell me. I think this will however please everyone.

First server I would like to open, I'd open soon. This won't change the life of too many of you but since most newcomers seem to be more interested in HK and since I fucked up a wee little bit (That's harsh on me... Say I could make it really good that way...) with a few details about oregen, worldgen and... Lootgen ? (Greg, I still remember you said my loot sucks. I still think it's amazing... Just yeah... Just needs lotsa love.), I would like to open HK4. Everything that current regulars came to love about HK3, fixed and even better. I'd link both servers through qCraft portals as well, since Kirara always had those, and I think the idea is amazing. (Not to mention efficient at splitting workload.) Not much to say about this. If you didn't wanna jump into a 2 months old server and would like to start in a fresh new map, this is your chance. Or your doom. Your call.

Second server I would like to open would be called KVR, standing for Kirara Vintage (GT5Ex) Reborn... Some people have been asking for a fresh new map with GT5, well this is the time or never. Well, when Bloody releases GT5Ex officially, it will be time. I won't post any modlist or anything even though some people would enjoy that, I'm not quite ready yet. I still have a few things I must decide about which mods to ditch, which mods to keep and which mods to add... Haha. Nah. I doubt I'll add any. I would put as much work into this one as I would put into HK3, so lots of time spent balancing the pack. That is unless I become soft upstair for a second and add TC to the mix due to popular demand. While TC is GREAT... It makes balancing nearly impossible, or rather something I'm not willing to put any energy into. Other mods suggestions will be thoroughly evaluated by *** *****. Imagine HK3 as it is now... Without any survival aspect. Just plain tech-based, slow progression server centered around GT. As AE wouldn't be so late-game I see no point in having LP and BC as well. This would mean a lighter pack and... Some tangible end-game to take the attention off HK3 for a while, as we'll ride spaceships remotely ordering hordes of crappy circuits I made right before... Melting a nice batch of Steel in Vanadium crucibles.

I would consider maybe opening something very different, very small as a fifth server, if anybody has any idea... I don't.

Long rant is almost over.

Timechart of all this :
    Update HK3 : RIGHT NAO. Will tell you how this goes.
    Update K1 - Later tonight, my time.
    Update K2 - Yeah... Maybe later.
    I also plan on fixing 2-3 major flaws tonight. Flaws you wouldn't notice much but that bother me a lot.

Open HK4, fixing HK3 and splitting the workload - Excpect this by Tuesday.
    Nerf Galacticraft, and a bit of everything else by the end of August.
    Open KVR, closing KV2 : I plan beginning of September, if Bloody is done with the world-gen and first version has been out for a weeee little bit.

Lose a part of my soul working on 3 different packs, including 2 rather new ones : Not gonna happen.

I'm not saying this because this WILL happen. This is what I would like however. I tend to set unrealistic goals, so expect a few days delay for something or the other.

All in all, read this, it should be worth your time. I apologize for being absent for so long, but life is life and I suck at boardgames.

Thanks to all who kept faith, and to all those wondering what's happening with all of this... I'm doing my best, and every current regular SEEM to enjoy the time I'm putting into this. Come visit us on IRC sometimes. While it never gets lonely, I'd never refuse another friendly soul or a cute *********.

I <3 you all. =]

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Official Post

Come visit us on IRC sometimes. While it never gets lonely...

Should I put some evidence into disproving that at 9 in the morning german time? Because I happened to get lonely at that time a lot. :P

But anyways: Awesome that you are back for good. :D

While it never gets lonely, I'd never refuse another friendly soul or a cute *********.

And that is how you scare the shit out of any potential girls on our IRC.

• WB!

Starting to many projects and then overworking is also known by me... GT5E is allmost ready. Maybe this weekend?
    But... Why HK4? Is there a problem with the server tps allready? K2 was opened beause of 15+ players online at the same time. We never were close to that on HK.
    I personally only see that as additional work without benefit.

About K5 (far in the future)... I have some ideas about a strongly modifed GT. Just no idea when i get to that point to try it out.
    One example: Removing all Oregen, endless prod like crops and usable monsterdrops. Then spawning trading posts all over the map selling ores/raw materials and buying processed products.

• Official Post

I'd never refuse another friendly soul or a cute *********.

I'll presume the fact Chocohead fits perfectly into those stars is a coincidence :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Mostly sentiment. BC was the first mod I ever used. And nothing like a "Builder" was ever introduced by other mods. Robots could be disabled, quarry as well. But you can not replace builder.

It's true. Builder is quite unique machine in whole modded MC. But we'll likely have OpenComputers, so robots are more than just replaced.

• BuildCraft can work standalone now for piping anyways, with the insertion pipes and stuff.
    LP is no longer required, and I heard it will drop BC dependency soon.

Still, I think almost everyone will agree that LP is excessive when you have AE2 on.
    Edit: we can have a vote pool for it. Have AE2 + LP or just AE2.

• Seeing how far people got on KH3 and how poor I am on this server (also note I didn't enjoy the trip that much because of low performances), I'll give KH4 a try. This should be another brand new map with fixed Oregen, right?
    I have 15 days to play, from which you can subtract up to 8 days since I'll spend some times IRL other than playing. So not today and not until a long while. That means I'll be playing when GT6 will be finished, since my next long holidays will start on may-june 2016 (although I'll consider working to get money, so really only July to September)
    Arch what about wiping off TC in preference for Botania? Just decrease drastically the flower gen, make mana steel requires steel, dragon stone requires diamond + endstone, elementium would be titanium thrown into the portal (+ maybe one mana steel ingot, so 1 ti + 1 maSt = 1 Elium), and probably make the flower cost a bit more pricy (like the ore generating flower, this one while hard to get required me 1 day to get in SSP, from putting down my first white flower thingy magicky turning stone and wood into living things to kekimurus production). Botania isn't heavy on world gen at all and I suppose most of the people will like this. But really, it's just a toy, don't see this mod as a wide depth game play such as what TC used to offer.
    If my computer (or my new one, idk the future) can't handle KH4, I would be glad playing with GT5Ex and botania :p

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• Makin' it short...

HK4 would fix a few problems with HK3. Main reason. Also I can afford 4 servers. So why not ?

Update I mentionned on HK3 will happen now. Keda will be in charge of it. Those will be mods that need updating :

I will update main modlist and nothing else for now. A bit too drunk to do it all tonite. Sowway. ;P

Love you all. <3

EDIT : Keda had a liiil bit of trouble using FTP, so I'll be doing the update. Will still keep you informed.

EDIT II : GTExtras won't get updated. Rendering problems when on Armor Stands lead to crashes. Downgrading to 0.3.1. (Or staying the same, if you prefer.)

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Edited 4 times, last by Arch ().