yogscast mod spotlight on buildcraft

• You know, once all the mods are updated to 1.8 or whatever, the Technic pack will be next to useless.
    And for Kakermix to just update his pack again without the proper permissions would be going waaaaay more out of line (No 2nd Yogcast review). Bronze Sword
    Really, people just need to learn how to install mods on their own. Wrench

• geez part 4 lewis got so much wrong and if i didnt already know how to use this mod i'd prolly blow a hole in the world using his way of using the mods his way made me want to faecpalm a kitchen knife

• You know, once all the mods are updated to 1.8 or whatever, the Technic pack will be next to useless.
    And for Kakermix to just update his pack again without the proper permissions would be going waaaaay more out of line (No 2nd Yogcast review). Bronze Sword
    Really, people just need to learn how to install mods on their own. Wrench

do you have any idea how long it would take to install all of the mods and change the ids.

• do you have any idea how long it would take to install all of the mods and change the ids.

i've done it i have tons of mods installed buildcraft ic redpower EQEX and tons of small mods and it took me about 10 minutes which is basically no time at all to install so many mods and if you get ID resolver redoing the id's takes about 2 minutes so 12 minutes of your day once every time a patch comes out is not much at all

• i've done it i have tons of mods installed buildcraft ic redpower EQEX and tons of small mods and it took me about 10 minutes which is basically no time at all to install so many mods and if you get ID resolver redoing the id's takes about 2 minutes so 12 minutes of your day once every time a patch comes out is not much at all

lets see thats at least 17 5 sec adds, moveing all the mods somewere safe, moveing them in to the jar and i dont think id resolver has a forge version yet so you cant use that i would make it more like 30 minuets at least. thats if you know what mods you want

• lets see thats at least 17 5 sec adds, moveing all the mods somewere safe, moveing them in to the jar and i dont think id resolver has a forge version yet so you cant use that i would make it more like 30 minuets at least. thats if you know what mods you want

i am currently using forge IC2 BC RP and EQEX and alot of small mods WITH ID resolver and it doesnt crash and most of the mods are drag into mods folder and others are highlight all and drag into jar so i think 30 minutes is super overkill and even 30 minutes isnt that much to install mods... i mean if i was 2 hours thats alot

• i am currently using forge IC2 BC RP and EQEX and alot of small mods WITH ID resolver and it doesnt crash and most of the mods are drag into mods folder and others are highlight all and drag into jar so i think 30 minutes is super overkill and even 30 minutes isnt that much to install mods... i mean if i was 2 hours thats alot

guessing you dont use win rar then

• 7-zip.

Holy Nested Quotations Batman!

Anyway... my two Industrial Credit ... Yogscast made a mistake, and they can and very well may post an apology message in the form of a video. I hope that they do, just to help smooth things out. Yes, they did cause an upsurge in users, both good and bad... more whiners, but also more potential loyal players.

I would suggest taking this in stride. not to alienate new people, or yogscast. They may very well have been unaware of the modpack's non-compliance.

I for one, look forward to seeing what good will come of this... new addons, new 'good' suggestions for additions... and so on and so forth.

anyway, that was just the opinion of one IC^2 player... who made and is making a mod-mix similar... spookily so, to the technick pack... Non-distributed of course. I wouldn't dare ruin the value of such immense work as is in this Mod and the others i use.

• remember that this isn't the first time the ygscast have showcased illegal modpacks.

the yogbox was originally from the SA forums and did not have permission from the mod authors to use it.
    when the yogscast showcased it the mod authors gave permission beacause of the spam to get their mods in the yogbox.
    the yogscast also showcased the "now thats what i call minecraft" modpack which was cancelled due to a number of illegal mod redistributions.
    the yogscast have done this before,and they know what the're doing now.
    this isn't a mistake,they just dont care about the mod community.

• remember that this isn't the first time the ygscast have showcased illegal modpacks.

the yogbox was originally from the SA forums and did not have permission from the mod authors to use it.
    when the yogscast showcased it the mod authors gave permission beacause of the spam to get their mods in the yogbox.
    the yogscast also showcased the "now thats what i call minecraft" modpack which was cancelled due to a number of illegal mod redistributions.

well when you see what people like space toad are doing you begin to not care so much.

• I hope that this message will not put me on the ban list but I would like to weigh in on this issue.

I watch the Yogscast youtube channel everyday and/or when a new video is posted. They are entertaining and frequently feature interesting videos both on Minecraft and various mods. I would say that the Yogscast is a major reason I purchased Minecraft (I believe it was version 1.2 then). Most of the time their mod spotlight series serves only to showcase mods I am not interested in despite the fact that most of them are brilliantly done and well exceed the level of programming knowledge I could ever hope to obtain. However, their showcase of the Technic Pack certainly piqued my interest.

I would like to go ahead and disclose that I did download the pack knowing full well that the mod makers were not asked their permission. If that resulted in any forgone earnings for the subsequent developers I do apologize for that. However, upon using the Technic Pack I found it to be buggy, cumbersome, and not much more than a thrown together slop of mostly incompatible parts.

Upon realizing I neither cared to or wanted to donate the time to sort through all the problems and much to my relief both Forge and Buildcraft were updated a couple days after seeing the first video. As of this post I have a completely legitimate copy of both mods and am enjoying them immensely. Furthermore I am also subscribed to xKillerBees YouTube channel and would like to say as an aside that you sir are hilariously entertaining.

My point of this long drawn out book of a post is that I would have never noticed Forge, Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Better than Wolves, Redstone Power, etc had it not been for the Yogscast. The pack compiler was WRONG to illegally distribute the pack but in some cases despite the goons and trolls and people asking the same questions over and over again (see BuildCraft on MCF) that compiler may have the opposite effect he intended. He may have only made the mod makers more money and every mod maker that was included in that pack deserves to have however big of an ego he/she wishes because the achievements of all the mods is INCREDIBLE.

Lastly, I would like to personally apologize to the maker of IndustrialCraft in particular because by clicking on the Technic Pack instead of the legitimate IndustrialCraft download I may have cost you some amount of money. I would also however like to thank you for taking the time (of which I'm sure you have a limited amount) to make an excellent mod that in a lot of ways is a full game in itself that exceeds the base game of Minecraft. I hope this post serves in some way to show I'm not a goon or a troll and I look forward to seeing the amazing work that continues from this mod.

Thank You,

DarkManX1

This is a wierd question but if Alblacka tried to sue the Yogcast for damages, how much could he really claim? For one thing when the mod was showcased Al got a bunch of donations form people explaining how easy it is to install the Technic pack.

• I mean no disrespect to any mod developer; I use and enjoy a large number of Minecraft mods, and appreciate the dedication and work that goes into them. However, having been re-introduced to this mod by the Yogscast (I used the original IC long, long ago) and thus introduced to the 'controversy' over the modpack, I find myself confused. People keep throwing around words like 'illegal' and 'unlicensed', which leads me to wonder: what makes you think that mod developers have the authority to 'license' the use of their mods or to in any way restrict their use, modification, and/or distribution? I'm not trying to incite anything, I'm genuinely curious. As I understand it, Notch holds all rights to Minecraft and anything derived from it, such as mods. He allows users to decompile his code and make modifications, but he could at any time tell you to stop and you'd have to or face the possible legal consequences. If it's all right for a mod developer to modify and distribute code owned by Notch/Mojang, why can any other user not do the same to the mod developer's code?

• I mean no disrespect to any mod developer; I use and enjoy a large number of Minecraft mods, and appreciate the dedication and work that goes into them. However, having been re-introduced to this mod by the Yogscast (I used the original IC long, long ago) and thus introduced to the 'controversy' over the modpack, I find myself confused. People keep throwing around words like 'illegal' and 'unlicensed', which leads me to wonder: what makes you think that mod developers have the authority to 'license' the use of their mods or to in any way restrict their use, modification, and/or distribution? I'm not trying to incite anything, I'm genuinely curious. As I understand it, Notch holds all rights to Minecraft and anything derived from it, such as mods. He allows users to decompile his code and make modifications, but he could at any time tell you to stop and you'd have to or face the possible legal consequences. If it's all right for a mod developer to modify and distribute code owned by Notch/Mojang, why can any other user not do the same to the mod developer's code?

I'm not sure but I think that a mod is an intellectual property.

I apologize for my English.

• Well, there was an update, perhaps mentioned, but i got a little bored and there were too many quotes on this page... anyways, i downloaded it to check the notepad to see if it was changed, he changed it to

"Technic v3 remains an unofficial release. I do have permission from some of the modders (you know who you are) but for drama avoidance purposes I will not say who, and instead will maintain that the pack is unofficial."

while still not the best, at least he isn't down right insulting them anymore....

• lets see thats at least 17 5 sec adds, moveing all the mods somewere safe, moveing them in to the jar and i dont think id resolver has a forge version yet so you cant use that i would make it more like 30 minuets at least. thats if you know what mods you want

ID Resolver does have a Forge version. It allowed me to get jamioflan's Planes, Vehicles, WWII Guns, BuildCraft, RedPower, BTW, EE, and IC2 working together like a charm back in 1.7.3. And I saw the download link for 1.8.1 on the thread. I have yet to try it, though.