[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I uploaded the SMP version for beta 5 is Version pre3...a test version.
    Many things have adapted like a new network code.have many bugs from the beta 4 Fixed (hopefully)
    need your help to test alone found SMP bugs pretty bad ;);) ...
    As the pre version is "stable" at a person on the server :whistling::whistling:

• Great additions indeed! Just a few notes, not sure if all are bugs so:

-The camouflage upgrade doesn't recognize some materials (such as redpower2's basalt), maybe those which use many damage indexes?
    -If you hit and "destroy" a camouflaged FF block, it returns to it original form until you turn off and on the projector again.
    -If you walk on a FF bridge that connects to a building with an entrance 2 blocks high, you can't unless you jump a bit first.
    -It would be nice if the zapper upgrade would have its own switch, so if I connect it to a projector it stays in the default state (no damage) and starts glowing red when an additional redstone pulse is applied, in that way I wouldn't have to remove the upgrade anytime I want to turn the zapper off, but not the field. Other way to approach it is like the directional extender does, adding an scale from 0 to 3, so if you set it to 0 it turns the damage off, 1 is low, 2 medium and 3 is high damage.

Thanks for the update!

-The camouflage upgrade doesn't recognize some materials (such as redpower2's basalt), maybe those which use many damage indexes?

no bug... The camouflage upgrade not support all types of block currently about 50 from genuine Minecraft...

-If you hit and "destroy" a camouflaged FF block, it returns to it original form until you turn off and on the projector again.

confirmed [Graphic-SMP] camouflage Blocks lose their texture when they are destroyed

-If you walk on a FF bridge that connects to a building with an entrance 2 blocks high, you can't unless you jump a bit first.

:?:8|:?:8|:?:

-It would be nice if the zapper upgrade would have its own switch, so if I connect it to a projector it stays in the default state (no damage) and starts glowing red when an additional redstone pulse is applied, in that way I wouldn't have to remove the upgrade anytime I want to turn the zapper off, but not the field. Other way to approach it is like the directional extender does, adding an scale from 0 to 3, so if you set it to 0 it turns the damage off, 1 is low, 2 medium and 3 is high damage.

yes a GUI control would be interesting..maybe note once

• Same with the camouflage update, it would be nice to switch from 'cloak' to 'shield' and back I guess ^^, but I'm quite certain I can make that happen somehow on my own with a bit of redstone magic.
    Meanwhile, how about making area projectors cover a 65 area cube instead of a 62?? XD xD

Amazing mod btw, love it.

• java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at mffs.TileEntity_Area_Projektor.onNetworkAPI(TileEntity_Area_Projektor.java:87)
    at mffs.NetworkAPI_Client.HandlePacket(NetworkAPI_Client.java:57)
    at mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.HandlePacket(mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.java:189)
    at ModLoaderMp.HandleAllPackets(ModLoaderMp.java:83)
    at Packet230ModLoader.a(Packet230ModLoader.java:157)
    at hc.b(SourceFile:272)
    at abp.b(NetClientHandler.java:81)
    at ma.c(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1593)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:705)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:658)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Not certain what it takes to cause this, but it is possible to place an area projector and somehow this happens. This is with my bukkit port : it's quite possible that something in bukkit is the root cause.

However, regardless, your client should not allow an out of bounds index to be processed (it should ignore the projector instead of causing the client to crash).

• Is there a Wiki or user guide for this mod? I'm loving what I have discovered so far on my own and from direwofl20's review... but there are some items that he didn't review and I have no idea what they do...

Particularly the MFDevice. I've tried to search the forum thread, but it just gave me bug reports and status updates,

Any help you be appreciated, thanks.

• Does the MFDevice still exist? My bad for missing it in the video. I have no idea what it does either then :). Guess I better check it out!

All I know about it is it appears in NEI and seems to have 2 modes. I was hoping to find some sort of documentation to quick reference. But your video spotlights are just so awesome, I'd be just as glad to learn it there as well :D

Thanks man

• Great additions indeed! Just a few notes, not sure if all are bugs so:

Ive seen the same with zapper, but because I was using a mod that adds mobs able to destroy blocks, it may have been a result of a bad removal method.

Does it act like soulsand? Because that sounds like how soulsand works, except that I do not recall ever sinking slightly into forcefields from this mod.

Possibly one could simply take a redstone signal to the upgrade block, but the UI for multiple levels of zappiness.

• @Thunderdark: thanks for your reply, its nice to know the camouflage only supports vanilla blocks, and yes a GUI control for the new upgrades would be nice, even if they are just "on" and "off".

Does it act like soulsand? Because that sounds like how soulsand works, except that I do not recall ever sinking slightly into forcefields from this mod.

Yes exactly! sorry if I couldn't explain it better before. In fact you don't sink, or you don't notice it like when walking on soulsand at least, but it appears the FF blocks are a bit shorter than normal blocks, so if you're trying to enter to a 2 high x 1 wide entrance, it won't let you unless you jump a bit or place a block above the entrance.
    A video would explain it better, but since I'm a bit short of time I will post some images so you can recreate it.

In the first setting you're unable to enter walking, in the second one you may enter normally:

• and yet Zapper Upgrade no connects to the Force field area Projektor in smp

Area Projektor not Supported Zapper Upgrade.for that is in better planning

if a graphical bug that is why when he appears I can neither run nor jump using the functions of the quantum suit? :(

to use the gui just once a part of the suit and put on again...it is a "container" bug I know where but not how can I remove :S

Yes exactly! sorry if I couldn't explain it better before. In fact you don't sink, or you don't notice it like when walking on soulsand at least, but it appears the FF blocks are a bit shorter than normal blocks, so if you're trying to enter to a 2 high x 1 wide entrance, it won't let you unless you jump a bit or place a block above the entrance.

ok this is a bug Zapper FF blocks should be shorter, not all .. i will fix it..

• @Thunderdark: thanks for your reply, its nice to know the camouflage only supports vanilla blocks, and yes a GUI control for the new upgrades would be nice, even if they are just "on" and "off".

A video would explain it better, but since I'm a bit short of time I will post some images so you can recreate it.

In the first setting you're unable to enter walking, in the second one you may enter normally:

This seems similar to the old repeater bug in vanilla minecraft. Same thing happens if you place a repeater 1 block outside of a 1x2 tunnel/doorway and try walk through, you get stuck on the repeater. If you place a block, like you have picture, above the repeater you can go right through.

~spocane~

• hm people that will take much much longer than-planned after I've fixed the bugs reported here and I try it on I notice that a lot in the beta 4was correct is now totally bugged 8|8|8|8|
    The mod not want to be ready ..Bugfix 1 == 2 new bugs...

For example you may like to test it with you:

(SSP) MFFS directional projektor + MFFS directional extender work fine but it is aktive and you save and load MFFS directional extender can not switch off....
    (SMP) MFFS Area Projrktor make a Sphere > 27 = WORLD CRASH

...more...more...