Reasons and Explanations are REQUIRED

• So in this one i really need Explanation and a reasons for some of the things
    1. In IC2 what's the actual point of making the nuke if it doesn't have at least a explosion radius of 20 blocks?And to craft it you need a unbelievable amounts of stuff.
    2.WHY THE FREAK ARE THE CRAFTING RECIPES ARE SO HARD?! Just to make a simple thing it has like 1 gazzilion crafting recipes.For this one if you say it's for making the game more realistic,well think
    3.When I first downloaded the mod I was not expecting to see a such a complicated stuff for such a simple block
    4.When you accidentally break a block,in this case a solar panel IT TURNS INTO A MUCH MORE USELESS BLOCK! I mean when you accidentally break a solar panel it just turn into a stupid generator.
    5.The using power units in IC2(EU) Is incompatible with most mods.
    6.The only use I have in IC2 is just it's really easy diamond making with coal chunks.That's the literaly the use I have in IC2 And the free easily spawning copper to.
    And yeah bann me if you want I'm actually expecting you to change IC2 to version that is more less comlicated
    :thumbdown:

• Official Post

There is a difference between talking bad about shit and constructive criticism or questions.
    The former one is what you're doing. It doesn't help anyone nor can you achieve something with it. It just annoys people and is very respectless.
    If you can rephrase your "issue" to use oe of the latter of the three things I mentioned, we can talk about this again.

• There is a difference between talking bad about shit and constructive criticism or questions.
    The former one is what you're doing. It doesn't help anyone nor can you achieve something with it. It just annoys people and is very respectless.
    If you can rephrase your "issue" to use oe of the latter of the three things I mentioned, we can talk about this again.

Can you answer anything here? you are developer right? I'm posting hate in IC2 is because, I like the stuff that IC2 has but to make the simple thing it has a lot of unnecessary crafting recipes. And to just to make a nuke it has really hard crafting recipes and everything but it's explosion is not worth it.only like less than 5 blocks.

• And to just to make a nuke it has really hard crafting recipes and everything but it's explosion is not worth it.only like less than 5 blocks.

If you're only getting an explosion radius of 5 blocks, I'm guessing you either didn't fill the center slot with enough materials, or you tried to trigger it from a secondary explosion, which will destroy the nuke without triggering a true detonation. I tried a few days ago in creative mode, and as far as I could tell the only way to properly detonate the nuke is with a redstone signal. The IC2 wiki considers the nuke's recipe and usage a secret, but http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Nuke gives more detail.

• If you're only getting an explosion radius of 5 blocks, I'm guessing you either didn't fill the center slot with enough materials, or you tried to trigger it from a secondary explosion, which will destroy the nuke without triggering a true detonation. I tried a few days ago in creative mode, and as far as I could tell the only way to properly detonate the nuke is with a redstone signal. The IC2 wiki considers the nuke's recipe and usage a secret, but http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Nuke gives more detail.

Dude,I literally stacked up the needed uranium and other stuff then still i gave it all kinds of signals to detonate and still same result.but still why the heck are the crafting recipe for is so expensive? and in TooMuchTnt to craft a TNTx500 is more cheaper thank crafting a non worth it nuke.

• Official Post

Maybe the Nuke is so expensive, because you are not supposed to blow up so much stuff that early. Remember that the Nuke ignores Blocks that are "too explosion resistant" meaning it can blast through most defenses without any Issue, what can be terrifying in Multiplayer.

And a compacting TNT Mod is not really anything you could call balanced at all, TNT is way too easy to get en mass.

• Dude,I literally stacked up the needed uranium and other stuff then still i gave it all kinds of signals to detonate and still same result.but still why the heck are the crafting recipe for is so expensive? and in TooMuchTnt to craft a TNTx500 is more cheaper thank crafting a non worth it nuke.

My earlier experimentation was partly in survival mode to see if there was a way to actually get the "Crazy Ivan" achievement that somebody had noticed didn't seem to be working. I didn't respond to that thread, because I hadn't found a way to get it, and I hadn't found the crater to notice that the nuke explosion with uranium blocks was so small. However, some experimentation today (and looking at decompiled code) reveals that the FTB Wiki is inaccurate as to which material is most effective. See attachment - I did that in a peaceful creative superflat world with the "redstone ready" preset.

• However, some experimentation today (and looking at decompiled code) reveals that the FTB Wiki is inaccurate as to which material is most effective. See attachment - I did that in a peaceful creative superflat world with the "redstone ready" preset.

What did you put in your reactor for it to make that kind of crater? Mine doesn't do anything like that kind of damage, but then I'm generally not running hyperefficiency setups.

• What did you put in your reactor for it to make that kind of crater? Mine doesn't do anything like that kind of damage, but then I'm generally not running hyperefficiency setups.

54 quad mox rods. :D Not good for EU generation, but good if you want it to detonate quickly. I haven't experimented with different unstable reactor setups to see how much difference the contents make to the explosion size. Also remember that the preset I used has the top 52 layers consisting of sandstone, which only has a blast resistance of 4. In a normal world, the ground below the reactor would probably be mostly stone, which has a blast resistance of 30.

• Official Post

The explosion radius of a nuke is quite large (a bit more than 100 Blocks iirc) Of course it should be expensive to build one. Irl, you also can't just take a couple of rocks from the mountain, put some tnt around it and hope, that it explodes.
    I agree, that some of the crafting recipes in IC2 are a bit too complex, which is why I made an Addon called Uncomplication, that allows you to use ingots in any recipe, instead of plates, but balance-wise I think, the recipes are the way they should be.

• Maybe the Nuke is so expensive, because you are not supposed to blow up so much stuff that early. Remember that the Nuke ignores Blocks that are "too explosion resistant" meaning it can blast through most defenses without any Issue, what can be terrifying in Multiplayer.

And a compacting TNT Mod is not really anything you could call balanced at all, TNT is way too easy to get en mass.

• The explosion radius of a nuke is quite large (a bit more than 100 Blocks iirc) Of course it should be expensive to build one. Irl, you also can't just take a couple of rocks from the mountain, put some tnt around it and hope, that it explodes.
    I agree, that some of the crafting recipes in IC2 are a bit too complex, which is why I made an Addon called Uncomplication, that allows you to use ingots in any recipe, instead of plates, but balance-wise I think, the recipes are the way they should be.

Still STILL there are other problems to just not only one ok, there are 4 more to go. And ok but why the block changes into a another one? in this case a solar panel i accidentally broke one of them with a pickaxe and it turned into a generator.

• Official Post

Since IC was first released

It was only since v4, but unless you'd only ever played some of the earliest Beta 1.3 versions of IC1 then never anything else until now, you'd have experienced the mechanic. There's not any chance of loss using a wrench now anyway, so in many ways it's less punishing than it's been for years.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You're supposed to use a wrench on the block to get back the actual machine. It has been like that for 6 years now (Since IC was first released).

I know! just when you try to break a different block i meant, my solar panels are in like 7 blocks tall towers like in solar power plants when i was just finished placing the solar panels and iron scafolds. then i saw some few mistakes with the scafolds and when i try to break it i accidentally broke the solar panel. but still when you broke the solar panel accidentally. my hard work has gone to a waste.

• I don't know YEAH :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to point that out. I was not nice to you in the first place. I was laughing because of the reaons aroma posted. (after me) I think you startet this as a shit post.
    (Here is what i think on your points)

1: i think its fine for IC2Exp.
    2: Agree its way to much.
    3: People did yell about the whole internet about it this is just trying to beeing mean.
    4: That is a feature since IC2 exited.
    5: Default Hater post when people come into IC2.
    6:And now you just want to punch people mentaily because of your own frustation.

First of all IC2Exp is no longer designed for casual players like you. Its a clear edge case between hardcore players & casual players (aka those who are close to beeing hardcore but are not fully into it) if you are not the case then i suggest you to not use the mod.
    If you want to play with the mod then accept it rules. Since they changed their rules not "so recently" there is no longer a reason to bitch about it because everyone knows it. If you are ignoring that then its your own fault.
    Sry aroma but i do here a bit self-ad i hope you do not mind.
    If you want to have a old like IC2 there is the classic version of IC2 (IC2-Classic) that is less grindy but keeps the original concept. Its not out for 1.10.2 yet but not far away from it. If you dont want to play neither of that then i cant help you.

• Official Post

Considering even with classic 4, 5 and 6 still apply, it's probably a lost cause. Although I wouldn't define such as hard line between casual and hardcore, Gregtech still exists for the true hardcore people, IC2 is somewhere in the middle.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well I think its a edge case and that is the closest as you could describe it.
    And I would not say ic2 is for 100% for casuals. But it is closer to the most casual players (in terms of friendliness) then exp. On the other hand it requires the people to actually think about stuff still.
    And if you don't have a resource orgy (aka you can get 50k iron then less in a day) that is created by other mods then you should find also a balanced mod.