Improvement to the miners.

• I was thinking here, that if you could add a way so the miner when having 0 or 1 mining pipe, 0 scanner and 1 drill, behave by only breaking the block beneath it and repeating that action.

The first application I thought would be an automatized cobblestone generator, but i'm sure that can be more useful.

• Official Post

It would probably be better to add a special cobble gen block/machine for that rather than special casing the miner logic, or a more general block breaker. The miner isn't designed to act as one, and it will only complicate the logic if it has to both search for ore, and check to see if it should act as one instead.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's not as interesting, nor as flexible as an electric block breaker though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• THat may be true since its just a upgrade where you get items. but i think the logic comes into play with the things you can do with a basic buffer machine that can accept upgrades like these.
    Also its much more server friendly.

Also it allows for small builds like a Cobbleworks.

• Official Post

Classic takes a completely different approach to gameplay, I've played enough to get a good idea.

Instead of making you find solutions to problems with what you have on offer, it gives you some of the solutions directly (like the cobble gen upgrade) and gets you close much with others than IC2 ever used to. Some of it is down to supposedly being more server efficient, but it is selling out some of the gameplay for smaller designs and so really doesn't naturally lead to large factories. It is very down to personal preference, but with so many mods already out there doing that, not outright encouraging low/single block designs makes things different to something like EnderIO or Thermal Expansion.

As for block breakers, it is very dependent on what you're trying to achieve and the other mods you have. Post 1.7 there isn't really that many options in terms of block breakers, so it is much more of a useful feature compared to what it once was when you could almost guarantee there would already be one. It still might not be that well used, but it's better to be there and get used occasionally than not be there but be needed.

I see this too much.

• Ok here is a point:
    You have to give some players a reason to use something. If everything requires a complexity you only reach a certain group of people who like that feature. But those who want a relaxing phase or not a so hard entry into the mod to get compfortable with it get scared away.

Yes the Cobbelgen upgrade is a solution to a problem. On the other hand those solution exist already in many different ways. How quick do you setup a cobble producer its litterly 2 blocks which are cheap and easy to make and then 1 lava and 1 water source. Thats all you need. There is nothing new or inventive about that.

Using miners which arent designed for that type of thing are just an inconvience that stops the flow of the mod.

Take for example crops: I hear people hate using crops in IC2. But i got people to love them in Classic because they were able to use things and understand things.

The logic for breeding is still the same. the logic of the crops is also the same. Even so some tiny requirements got a bit loose but thats still the same if you look at it.

But they can see: Ok i can do this and this and i will get this. Its not 100% chance but its also not something i cant see or cant control.

On top of that you can speed things up but you have a price to pay when you use it. It makes early game use interesting and introduces a interest in going into other parts of the mod.

On top of that a higher yield in drops for metals for example make crops much more worth using since you can actually have a option to generate resources in a "reasonable time"

So what i did was:
    Make things visible for people, made it not impossible to obtain but still keeping a balance, and made things more worth in gaining them.

These things are what IC2Exp lack a lot. I just got a request: Hey couldnt we make a addon for Exp that add Ic2Classics machines into it.
    Funny thing is one of my testers jumped in and said: Its easier the other way around to port Exps stuff over to classic then other way because its more open to those kind of things.

But as i know i have no arguments in your eyes. No worry classic is anyway over but i can tell you those who played it will miss it more then when Exp will leave. I can tell you that for sure!