Mining laser feature

• Switch the Mining Laser to Low Focus, that way it will have a 100% Drop Rate.

In order to Mode Switch you need to hold whatever the IC2-Mode-Key is (see Options) and then rightclick while holding that Key.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The only mode you could ever lose items on is explosive mining mode, for obvious reasons. You'd have to make a tiny addon to listen for the laser explosion event to stop it from blowing up ~45% of the drop though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The only mode you could ever lose items on is explosive mining mode, for obvious reasons. You'd have to make a tiny addon to listen for the laser explosion event to stop it from blowing up ~45% of the drop though.

Was that a recent change or something? I know for sure Long range evaporated quite a few Items.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Looking at decompiled code for 2.8.104, it seems like the laser has a 10% chance of skipping drops (aka "evaporating" the block) for a block hit by the beam in any mode - see the second line of EntityMiningLaser.hitBlock(pos, side). Explosions could certainly destroy more, and I just confirmed from testing that even "low focus" mode doesn't really have a 100% drop rate - I placed 64 cobblestone, and mining it with the laser in low focus mode only got me back 53 (technically that's 17% loss, so I guess I got some bad luck there).