Mining laser feature

• Official Post

The only mode you could ever lose items on is explosive mining mode, for obvious reasons. You'd have to make a tiny addon to listen for the laser explosion event to stop it from blowing up ~45% of the drop though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The only mode you could ever lose items on is explosive mining mode, for obvious reasons. You'd have to make a tiny addon to listen for the laser explosion event to stop it from blowing up ~45% of the drop though.

Was that a recent change or something? I know for sure Long range evaporated quite a few Items.

• Looking at decompiled code for 2.8.104, it seems like the laser has a 10% chance of skipping drops (aka "evaporating" the block) for a block hit by the beam in any mode - see the second line of EntityMiningLaser.hitBlock(pos, side). Explosions could certainly destroy more, and I just confirmed from testing that even "low focus" mode doesn't really have a 100% drop rate - I placed 64 cobblestone, and mining it with the laser in low focus mode only got me back 53 (technically that's 17% loss, so I guess I got some bad luck there).

• Official Post

Came back to have a second look at this and Mauve is indeed right. Cooked up a quick addon that will do 100% drops from all but explosive mining since that seems a little less reasonable for nothing to get fried. Theoretically could be added if you wanted though.

Needs at least IC2 2.8.107 for some tweaking of the laser events.

• Official Post

That was part of the changelog in 107, the full 109 changelog on Curse covers every change from the last release (72) to 109. Full Drop just needs anything newer than 106, it isn't fixing a bug per say just tweaking the balance of the mining laser.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.