Modifying EU loss in cables

• Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum for this question, so apologies if it's not.

I host a 1.12.2 server with several friends and we were getting frustrated with the (rather high) EU loss per cable section built into the mod. I realize that back in the 1.7.10 version the EU loss was disabled for various reasons, but now I'm almost wishing it was gone again for the most recent versions since it seems like more of an annoyance than an element of 'challenge'.

So my question is: Can the amount of EU lost per cable section be modified for my server? From something like 0.2 per copper cable to something more forgiving like 0.05 per cable? Is there a config line to edit somewhere to accomplish this? If not, can I somehow just disable it altogether?

Thanks in advance!

• From what i know it can not be changed.

And the Loss was disabled because the enet was still in construction in 1.6.4-1.7.x, it was not capable at the moment to handle loss.

Sadly (i dont know if that is the case anymore so correct me if i am wrong) the IC2 Team had implemented instant loss.

What that means before it was nessesary that you needed to reach natural numbers (1-2-3-4-5-6) to apply loss. So 1.2EU loss would be 1EU loss and 1.8EU loss would be 1EU loss, that is in +1.10.2 versions (could be later) completely removed. Loss gets applied instantly so the overal loss is in general a lot higher now since you lose everything instantly and not freshhold based.

EnergyLoss itself is not a bad concept, i fully agree on that feature and would be sad myself to lose it even in the EXP version.

But the current Exp Version implementation of it is just to punishing leaves no room for creativity in terms of how you could design with it.

But sorry no possebility. Unless they changed it.

• Official Post

You lose less if you use higher voltages, why not transform the power up over longer distances?

For example, let's say you are running LV, 32 eu packets, over copper. It loses .2 per distance, so you only get 28 eu over 20 blocks.

If you used the LV-MV transformer to step up the power at the source and step it back down at the end (s), you could still use copper cable. You would lose the same roughly 4 eu, but it would be out of 128 eu packets, 124 eu gets to the end, 1/4 the loss, 31 eu packets come out.

This is why gold and HV cable have higher losses; you could bump this even higher and see less loss. 2048 eu packets over .8 cable still loses less than LV over copper, it comes out to 31.75 per LV packet.

If you've wired your whole base in long strings of tin, I've got no easy fixes.

If you truly want no losses, you could use only transformers or bat boxes. I believe devices gave no power loss.

• Thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunate that it cant be changed or at least turned off, but I guess we'll have to live with it.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to speed up the processing time of the Blast Furnace. It seems to take FOREVER to run even one cycle.

• Thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunate that it cant be changed or at least turned off, but I guess we'll have to live with it.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to speed up the processing time of the Blast Furnace. It seems to take FOREVER to run even one cycle.

You have to set it up a permanent cycle and add a few stacks of iron, and then keep it running and forget about it totally.

When you need the steel, it's there, you put the same amount in iron of the steel you withdraw, and that's basically it

If you think i write bad, you're wrong, i just speak in HAYO