[AddOn v1.15 & 1.22] Mobile Pump v0.8.4 [Obsolete]

• Name: Mobile Pump
    Summery: Mobile pump to fill cells/buckets faster.
    Default Item ID: 31008

Description
    The Mobile pump makes collecting lava/water easier. When you right click on water or lava with it, it will suck it up and place it in a cell or bucket (or do nothing if you have none of either). Collecting lava costs a bit more power then water. (can fill 56 cells/buckets of lava or 2*64 cells/buckets of water atm). Just stuff the device in a generator/batbox and it will charge up again. Tested on SSP only, seems to work. (I like the lava generator but the bucket switching or lava/water cell making got me annoyed. Too slow for mass production.) It's like having an electric bucket!

Now 250% more obsolete!
    You can right click with a cell in your hand in 1.23. So you don't really need it anymore. It does still work with 1.23. This guy made a better pump thing, along with more interesting and awesome things Here. So check that out.

Installation
    Throw into your mods folder. Maybe change the ID in the config/mod_IC2MobilePump.cfg.

Updating:
    From 0.8 to 0.8.*: Remove config/mod_IC2MobilePump.cfg

SMP compatable
    Yup!

Known bugs
    -No animation when you right click.

Version History
    -Updated server version. EntityPlayerMP.onUpdate seemed to do the trick. Hurray! I miss JavaDoc/API docs.
    -Cleaned code, should perform better and won't jiggle items. Should be good now. Except for SMP.
    -Removed the remote possibility of using it without using energy.
    -When pulling stuff from a BC tank or such, it will try to first put it in a bucket. If it's water or lava bucket, it will try to put it in a cell. So you need an empty bucket as an intermediary. You won't notice it, it'll do so automatically.
    - Works now with Buildcraft tanks. Though items still jiggledance when the tank is empty. (has to do that it removes the bucket first, then tries to do BC things. If it failed it will restore the bucket)
    - Fixed minor oopsy. Oops. :) (If using cells failed, it would ignore buckets)
    - Changed Forge config to Modloader config. Please remove old config, sorry for the trouble.

PS
    I hope it works! First mod and all that. But it seems like I didn't forget everything about Java. MCP was a big help though.

• Could you please make sure that it works on BC tanks? (maybe make a version that works with Oil & Fuel)
    i would find this very useful to fill geothermal generators from BC tanks, I think that we can agree that the BC pumping system is superior to the IC one

• If you have a bucket, it should fill it with oil when you right click on a oil spill. I do call Forge's fill custom bucket code. But not going to make it compatible with BC any more then that, sorry. Have a look at the BC filler mod or like it.

• Should the config file look like this?

Code
    #
    #Mon Oct 17 22:39:51 EST 2011
    general={
    }=
    item={
    ElectricMobilePumpID=31008
    block={

Those open brackets scare me.

• Not sure why Forge config would make a mess of things. Only seemed to do then when reloading. Used ModLoader instead. Should work better now. Sorry! Updated to 0.8.1. Also works with BC tanks! Yay!

Uhh.. Updated to 0.8.2! Now with even better BC tank support! ZOMG! You'll need an empty bucket in your inventory if you want to put water/lava directly into a cell from a tank though. Best I could do.

• del

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• *downloads add-on..*
    *tests in Debug mod*

0_0

8o

:thumbup:

This add-on is epic! Truly nice work!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• great stuff! going straight to my server!
    did you considered using BC oil to produce maybe Hydrated Coal cell?
    (and BC fuel to fuelcell.. or to a fuel canister itself tho i dont know if it's possible)
    would make sense using actual oil for fuel rather than sci-fi coal fuel

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Nope! And will not add such a thing for a number of reasons. :>

Also, a quick trip to the nether with the pump gets you 63 lavacells. That's 1.2M eu!

• lava cells are great and such.. but still... fuel is more realistic :P
    pleeeeasseee ;(

• I'm really impressed too. It even pulls oil/water/lava from BC tanks and places it in buckets. I didn't expect that to work :)

Unrelated joke: Now if only BC would let me store milk in tanks :)

• If you're getting error messages when loading this try renaming your mods to start with a series of numbers. ModloaderMP can't mess up if everything is ordered by number, but does seem to have issues sorting other things properly (at least for me)