[Suggestion]: Energy use/speed of quantum leggings

• I've been running a server for a few days, and already most all the players have quantum leggings. Unfortunately, that means everyone is running around at light speed and there is absolutely no need for boats or minecarts ever (carts were also indirectly received a nerf with the new sprint feature). Even if there is an already ready to go minecart track with minecart it's still faster to just run with ctrl. Even with using ctrl almost 100% of the time the energy usage is still minuscule.

I would suggest that the quantum leggings use far more energy and/or not go so fast. The suit's sprint feature should be something you use only in an emergency or if you are willing to burn through a lot of energy. You should prefer to still take a fast minecart to a destination and save energy instead of just ctrl-ing everywhere without thought.

The rest of the suit's energy use is probably too low as well.

• Yea the quantum suit is a little overpowered, but that is your reward for doing a ridiculous amount of work. That right it takes 5 pieces of Iron to make a minecart (3 ore blocks) versus several pieces iridium, Lapitron Crystals and other end game items. Plus with the advent of powered rails, if a cart system is set up right, it takes no energy to power.

• Yea the quantum suit is a little overpowered, but that is your reward for doing a ridiculous amount of work. That right it takes 5 pieces of Iron to make a minecart (3 ore blocks) versus several pieces iridium, Lapitron Crystals and other end game items. Plus with the advent of powered rails, if a cart system is set up right, it takes no energy to power.

If it didn't require a rail etc. you where absolutely right!

• The suit IS overpowered. The runtime of the suit is mutch to high.

You can't balance the suit with the build costs. After 5 days every player on my server had an quantum suit.
    If you change the build costs it will take 10 or 20 days, but carts and boats will continue to become useless at some point.

The electric jetpack has a better ballance. 80 seconds flighttime feel pretty fair to me.

• I am concerned with the legitimacy of your players' item gathering and/or the time they must spend on the server to gain such ludicrous resources in five days. Unless they are hardcore players who have run the routine before, then they may have simply hacked in the items. If they have somehow managed to acquire them legitimately, then I applaud their work, and you should too! They most certainly deserve the full effects of quantum armor, and I disagree that it is too powerful for the cost.

The best part about IC is being able to force the server admin to buy power from your capitalist nuclear enterprise

• oh cmon
    the suit is easy to make
    2-3 quick mining runs equals working windfarm , few more - MFSU and matter thingie(if your primary target is suit, then may even skip MFSU part, so it's bout 2-3 runs more, maybe less.. me and my buddy got it all working from 3 runs)
    and then it's just a matter of time until you get the suit

and it is OP, running should be limited to like 300 seconds tops

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• I am concerned with the legitimacy of your players' item gathering and/or the time they must spend on the server to gain such ludicrous resources in five days. Unless they are hardcore players who have run the routine before, then they may have simply hacked in the items. If they have somehow managed to acquire them legitimately, then I applaud their work, and you should too! They most certainly deserve the full effects of quantum armor, and I disagree that it is too powerful for the cost.

We play IC2 on a copy of our vanilla MC World. Everyone has mined much iron, redstone and diamonds in the past.

How to get your QS in 5 Days:

Prerequisite: Play as a team und trade recources!

Day one: Build a new mine on fresh chunks for copper, tin.. - and find some rubber trees.
    Day two and three: Craft 2 Miners and a good energy source. Now mining, mining, mining... after some Hours you should have got multiple stackes of all new ores.
    Day four: Setup Mass Fab und build Solar Pannells, make scrab from all this cobblestone / dirt you have mined in the past and feed the fabricator.
    End of the 5th day: Build Iridium Plates - Everything else is already crafted ;)

No need for cheats.

• Yeah, the suit really is over the top... It's almost like the mod is saying "Hey, you won the level! Here's god mode for your troubles".

That would be great many situations... Unless you're the type that gets bored when there's no challenge left. Water, lava, massive falls, armies of creepers... Nothing frightens a Q-Suit player. If I make myself one of those, it'll only be a matter of time before I lose interest in Minecraft and stop playing yet again...

• in 5 days from a fresh server I had 1500 solar panels. Yes I played like 12 hours a day at first.... But still :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That's the point, Kane Hart. Some of us can't play 12 hrs a day(like me) I get 3 tops, because of my schedule.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I would just like to see a config file setting that gave us a Q-Suit energy usage multiplier.

I'm be would fine with the Q-Suit's abilities if the suit drained much, much faster. It would help keep the rest of the mod interesting.

• It took me weeks to get it because i play normally and not 12h a day. Qsuit is balanced. Playing 5 days with 12 hour per day means 60h of ingame time. Thats like 60 days of playing for non-nolifers.

Seriously if i would try get a nuclear reactor in 1 day by playing 24 hours would it be op then?

• It took me weeks to get it because i play normally and not 12h a day. Qsuit is balanced. Playing 5 days with 12 hour per day means 60h of ingame time. Thats like 60 days of playing for non-nolifers.

Seriously if i would try get a nuclear reactor in 1 day by playing 24 hours would it be op then?

No since Nuclear is a waste of time and 100% useless and your better off with a massive solar array.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• The problem with the Q-Suit is that it makes everything else pretty pointless.

Food, monsters, water, lava... It's all just scenery once you have your suit. It's very much an "end-game" item in that the game ends after you've got it.

It makes an excellent reward if you want to "finish" this mod and then move on after having obtained your reward... But it's not very good if you want to keep the rest of the game interesting beyond that. It needs drawbacks, and a short battery life is one such way to provide such a drawback.

• Or, naturally, Stronger and more dangerous mobs as you level up, Nuclear creepers? jetpack+Nano-saber Zombies? How about A mining laser Skelly?

But yea, a far shorter battery life is certainly called for, I agree with that.

• The problem with the Q-Suit is that it makes everything else pretty pointless.

Food, monsters, water, lava... It's all just scenery once you have your suit. It's very much an "end-game" item in that the game ends after you've got it.

It makes an excellent reward if you want to "finish" this mod and then move on after having obtained your reward... But it's not very good if you want to keep the rest of the game interesting beyond that. It needs drawbacks, and a short battery life is one such way to provide such a drawback.

Which is what i expect after playing for 60 days to get that Qsuit.

• Which is what i expect after playing for 60 days to get that Qsuit.

Which is why I'm asking for it to be a configurable option, so that those of us who want to keep our SMP servers interesting after the first 2 months can do so without ruining for the people who want to have their fun and then move on to other things.

• Altering the suit would be like punishing success. I don't think its fair to ask for them to be nerfed simply because you don't have them. If you put in the work and materials to have them, you should benefit; hence their cost which is as this thread proves, not easy to obtain.

Once obtained, they require a good amount of energy to operate, which puts further demand on your wiring, storage, and resources. The leggings have great benefit but are costly in terms of time & materials - which are far more evident and impactful than simply wanting people to use your 2 hour point to point rail line.

• Well, about the speed ability, i think it is not compared to minecarts. I think, ppl build minecarts systems because they like them. I like minecarts too, but sometimes i'm too lazy to build a railroad, and, with IC, you need iron for many things, an now, with IC2, you need gold for the cables. Did you ever had enough iron and gold to build a long railroad? Yes, you can use bronse, but gold... every elevation of the railroad eats a lot of gold. But railroads ar still cool - you just jump into the minecart and relax. ^_~
    So, i think we shouldn't nerf the quantum suit, we should buff the railroads! Honestly, we have a lot of cool industrial stuff, but we use that old, primitive minecarts.

About energy consumption... Maybe it should be increased, because it looks like it is the same as the consumption of old Advanced Nano-Suit from IC, but QS stores much more energy. But remember - recharging the QS pieces is not too easy.

One more thing about traveling. I'd like too see an efficient flying device. Pegasi like flying! *flapping wings* Jetpacks are cool, but slow, and have a short runtime.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.