[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• Thank you very much for the info. I actually found this solution the hard way... and managed to solve it the same night :) but your response is excellent for other people that have the same problem since it is the first detailed tutorial on this. So again thank you!!!

• damnedsky, I'm sorry I did not respond before, i had not checked the thread since you posted, But it would not have helped, I was as stumped as you were, so I just deleted the additional pipes mod from my mods folder.

Clutchizzle, You sir are amazing, I tip my top hat to you.

*EDIT One thing you my want to add to that fix is to copy the texture file "block_0.png" from this mod (energy coupler) into the folder "zAdditionalPipesClient\net\minecraft\src\buildcraft\zeldo\gui"
    This will solve the problem of the textures not loading correctly for the couplers themselves.
    I tried it, and it works.

• ;(;(

damnedsky, I'm sorry I did not respond before, i had not checked the thread since you posted, But it would not have helped, I was as stumped as you were, so I just deleted the additional pipes mod from my mods folder.

Clutchizzle, You sir are amazing, I tip my top hat to you.

*EDIT One thing you my want to add to that fix is to copy the texture file "block_0.png" from this mod (energy coupler) into the folder "zAdditionalPipesClient\net\minecraft\src\buildcraft\zeldo\gui"
    This will solve the problem of the textures not loading correctly for the couplers themselves.
    I tried it, and it works.

Humm that actulally didnt work when I tired it, Typically a quick exit and reloading of a save will fix it just fine.

• That is very strange, because I use the Additional Pipes mod myself. I even had it installed in my test environment and I did not encounter this texture problem.

• -snip-

That is very strange, because I use the Additional Pipes mod myself. I even had it installed in my test environment and I did not encounter this texture problem.

Ok after editing this post several times its best if I just rewrite the thing.

Ok, here is whats happening when you load your world with either Optifine or HD patcher installed AdditionalPipes runs a check to see what textures it should apply to the pipes. Mind you this check does not take place untill a pipe from AdditionalPipes needs to be rendered. That being said if you had a pipe from Energy Coupler placed on your world or in TMI it will render correctly so long as no pipes from AdditionalPipes needs to rendered. Once a pipe from AdditionalPipes is rendered any and all pipes belonging to EnergyCoupler will turn purple(well so long a Optifine is installed, not sure about HD Patcher). This appears to be due to the method of which he is switching textures when Optifine is detected, when HD patcher is detected its a simple "use this file over another". But when Optifine is installed he actulally calls buildcraft core, switches the textures then calls forge to preload the textures(which is kinda odd to me since he already preloaded them in the main mod class file). So it appears that something with the optifine texture switch is causing the issue. As to why? well im not entirely sure yet my programming computer is down again (its aobut the fifth time ive broken the thing) so I cant really debug both mods to find a a exact cause (or solution).

EDIT: BTW AdditionalPipes source code is avaliable on the web which is what I used to trace this incase anyone is wondering =D

• It's not just Optifine. I'm using the HD patcher 2.22 and I have no textures for the regulator pipes or the redstone transport pipes. I tried updtaing the block override sheet (I even included it in the directory of my texture pack, which should override the base images in the mod folder) and textures are still invisible (not the purple of the backing sheet, simply not visible at all).

• It's not just Optifine. I'm using the HD patcher 2.22 and I have no textures for the regulator pipes or the redstone transport pipes. I tried updtaing the block override sheet (I even included it in the directory of my texture pack, which should override the base images in the mod folder) and textures are still invisible (not the purple of the backing sheet, simply not visible at all).

Ahh thats beacuse it only uses block_texture_override.png when using optifine, HD patcher reloads the graphics quite a bit differently. HD patcher seems to just reinitilize the main sprite file block_textures.png so follow the same instructions but add the images to block_textures.png instead. It may or may not work, im not sure but give it a try

• The file in the texture pack should override the file in the mod itself - at least, that's how it's always worked and is intended to work. I copied the images into the block_textures file in the zeldo folder in the mod, and I also copied the override sheet and renamed it block_textures in the same folder in my texture pack.

No joy. The pipes are still invisible in the recipe book. Fortunately I have Power Converters which does a similar thing, because this has got me stumped!

• Ehhh, hi. Whenever I try to use these energy couplers to power a quarry, A) The quarry doesn't seem to work at all, and B) The coupler explodes violently. I have a setup where [QUARRY]<-[GOLD PIPE]<-[WOOD PIPE]<-[MV COUPLER] :Glass Fibre: :MFE-Transmitter:
    I have no idea what is going on. Obviously.

• Ehhh, hi. Whenever I try to use these energy couplers to power a quarry, A) The quarry doesn't seem to work at all, and B) The coupler explodes violently. I have a setup where [QUARRY]<-[GOLD PIPE]<-[WOOD PIPE]<-[MV COUPLER] :Glass Fibre: :MFE-Transmitter:
    I have no idea what is going on. Obviously.

sounds like your feeding the coupler with too much power.
    Also: quarries don't need MV couplers. With power regulated pipes you can power a quarry and a *bunch* of other stuff off of 32EU/t

• I'm here to join the crowd having texture issues with the regulator pipes - they're invisible to me as well. Gah.

I've tried just about everything so far - and no go.
    (Tried copying the textures into AdditionalPipes file, tried default and Sphax's texture pack, tried Sphax's texture pack with and without all it's addons - and so on and so forth)

Would be nice with a solution so I can stop losing my invisible pipes :P Hehe.

Just a little edit to mention a couple of things: Using MCPatcher's HD Texture patch, along with Optifine (without the files that give HD Texture support, as per their thread and installation guide when you want to keep MCPatcher)

• I'm here to join the crowd having texture issues with the regulator pipes - they're invisible to me as well. Gah.

Just out of curiosity (not that i think it's wrong of you to ask about it in this thread) did you consider the possibility that you need to read more about HD Textures patcher and Optifine so you learn how to include new textures for mods/addons that doesn't support them natively?
    And it doesn't help to spam a thread with "me too" posts. All it does is make people irritated and less inclined to help people with their texture packs.

I would help you solve it if it wasn't for the OVERWHELMING number of posts i have seen with "this and that Y U NO WRK" without ever considering dropping their precious HD textures or dropping the mod they can't use. Or simply reading and understanding simple instructions on how to work with (the generally unsupported features of) HD textures.

Good luck!
    Re-read the threads on HD Patcher and Optifine and search for anything relevant to adding compatible textures to mods that include transparent block types like pipes.

EDIT:

Oh btw... MCPatcher is known for causing PLENTY of incompatibility issues on it's own. Consider using Optifines HD texture files instead as they are by far more compatible with most mods.

• Just out of curiosity (not that i think it's wrong of you to ask about it in this thread) did you consider the possibility that you need to read more about HD Textures patcher and Optifine so you learn how to include new textures for mods/addons that doesn't support them natively?

Did you consider the possibility that some of us DO know how to edit and modify texture packs and that it still happens anyhow? Or that I've floated the issue past SpaceToad himself, who says that it's apparently a problem with how this addon (and certain of Zeldo's pipes) interact with BC? If he doesn't know how, maybe you should TELL him. :rolleyes:

I would help you solve it if it wasn't for the OVERWHELMING number of posts i have seen with "this and that Y U NO WRK" without ever considering dropping their precious HD textures or dropping the mod they can't use.

You might be content to play this game in ugly, coarse 16x, but some of us aren't. This was designed for the 21-st Century PC, not a Nintendo NES from 1985. If you can't provide an answer, you're not contributing anything. We're not impressed by your feigned superiority - results are all that matter.

As for Optifine? I tried it - my game ran worse. I've never had any issues with MC Patcher - maybe you're the one that's using it wrong. Did you ever consider that? ;)

• Did you consider the possibility that some of us DO know how to edit and modify texture packs and that it still happens anyhow? Or that I've floated the issue past SpaceToad himself, who says that it's apparently a problem with how this addon (and certain of Zeldo's pipes) interact with BC? If he doesn't know how, maybe you should TELL him. :rolleyes:

You might be content to play this game in ugly, coarse 16x, but some of us aren't. This was designed for the 21-st Century PC, not a Nintendo NES from 1985. If you can't provide an answer, you're not contributing anything. We're not impressed by your feigned superiority - results are all that matter.

As for Optifine? I tried it - my game ran worse. I've never had any issues with MC Patcher - maybe you're the one that's using it wrong. Did you ever consider that? ;)

Or maybe i am content (and feel nostalgic) about the 8 bit blocky graphics?
    Minecraft was designed this way on purpose you know...

• Notch likes pixel art
    • Notch is original. Makes a game that is loved by millions that has worse graphics than the first DOOM.
    • The blocky graphics fits well with the blocky nature of MC.
    • The smaller textures leaves plenty performance for the engine to run smoothly even on decade old PC's.

But ye, i understand that some don't like it. It just bores me so much to read "my HD texture patcher" makes stuff invisible plz halp.

• Or maybe i am content (and feel nostalgic) about the 8 bit blocky graphics?
    But ye, i understand that some don't like it. It just bores me so much to read "my HD texture patcher" makes stuff invisible plz halp.

It's your prerogative to like the default textures - just as it's ours to dislike them. Personally, it's hard on my eyes. But the real issue here isn't the texture packs - it's that, even when properly modified, the HD textures aren't showing up as they should.

Trust me on this one, I've done a lot of investigation into it. I've custom-built many HD textures for the pack I use and so far, these pipes are the only ones that have any display issues. That would indicate that there's something in the underlying code, either in BC itself or in the way these two add-ons use it. I suspect it has something to do with the changes SpaceToad made to pipes somewhere along the line, but that's just speculation. I'm not a programmer, but I'm more than capable of constructing functional texture packs.

I would help you solve it if it wasn't for the OVERWHELMING number of posts i have seen with "this and that Y U NO WRK" without ever considering dropping their precious HD textures or dropping the mod they can't use. Or simply reading and understanding simple instructions on how to work with (the generally unsupported features of) HD textures.

I've tried just about every solution I could dig up in this thread, in Sphax's texture pack thread, and in the two HD Patchers.
    And being no expert, doesn't help at all :P
    Also - the textures are invisible using default textures as well - so dropping the HD texture pack would be pointless - as the result is the same.

I'll give Optifine's files a go - but last time it made Minecraft go mental, so I'm not holding my breath on that one, there has to be some other solution out there,
    like adding the textures to other files so they get loaded - assuming it's a loading issue, since they don't show up.
    :thumbup:

Edit: Your post is actually more spam than mine - given you didn't even bother to read it all, and just blindly replied ;) :P

Edit edit: Changed to Optifine's files - no big change really - now the textures are purple 8|
    So they're either purple or invisible - regardless of what I do it seems. Feh - I'll just have to live with them like that - not going to drop this mod or AdditionalPipes :D

• Are you on linux? I had no issues with Optifine and this after
    1) pre-including the minecraft.jar with all base mods
    2) having those again, and this, in the mods folder

Edit edit: Changed to Optifine's files - no big change really - now the textures are purple 8|
    So they're either purple or invisible - regardless of what I do it seems. Feh - I'll just have to live with them like that - not going to drop this mod or AdditionalPipes :D

They are not purple, they are magenta (unless I assume wrong) and magenta is >9000 times better than transparent. This means they are magenta because they are using the default BLANK texture (instead of no texture at all) and can thus be fixed by applying the texture in the right place. Now, since i don't use HD textures and doesn't feel very motivated to install one of them all i can say is, try and figure out which file it is using and place some graphics in there.
    But anyways, magenta is better than no texture at all. Now you know something is working as intended somehow.