[Config][Custom]Redpower2 Material Mining

• Updated: 2011-12-28

The .minecraft/redpower/redpower.cfg file contains the block ids for ores (inc. gemstone ores) and stones (marble/etc).

The .minecraft/config/IC2.cfg file contains a line 'valuableOres=' and a list. The list has a format of blockid:value,(space)

The normal minecraft blocks are obvious; the industrial craft blocks IDs are defined in this very same file. All that's missing is telling IndustrialCraft which /other/ blocks to mine for. In my case 140:2, 142:2, was missing.

Hayo! The automated miner does a nice job.

( BTW, if you want it to also get more cobblestone, sandstone, clay, etc, just add the block IDs to that list. This should also work for glowstone and other resources... but I'm not sure if it is able to collect material before it drops/if it is surrounded by lava O.o )

Here is my current line (this will even 'mine' RP2 trees, but that's REALLY costly compared to breaking out a chainsaw!):
    valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 144:1, 141:1, 143:1, 140:2, 139:1, 142:1, 247:4, 248:2, 249:2

• Yes, quite.

Related question:

How do you control what fluids the pump will attempt to cell up? (EG make it suck up all lava/water source blocks, or just one/the other)

• Yes, quite.

Related question:

How do you control what fluids the pump will attempt to cell up? (EG make it suck up all lava/water source blocks, or just one/the other)

Use block ID 9 in the valuable ores config line to get the miner to go out of its way to get water source blocks, and 11 for lava. The pump will do water by default without the the help of a miner if you put it over an infinite source block, though.

• Excellent, I was afraid that putting in those values would try to have it use the drill on said blocks until they were broken; which wouldn't work and thus would make it get stuck.

• Excellent, I was afraid that putting in those values would try to have it use the drill on said blocks until they were broken; which wouldn't work and thus would make it get stuck.

When I tried it yesterday on my test server, it didn't work very well for water. The miner (with a diamond drill, anyway) would get two or three waters, but then the drill would move on to the next level down. Doesn't really matter, since it's kind of silly to use an expensive miner/drill/OV/several pumps setup for water when a pump and small trench will do.

• Btw. the format is blockid-metadata:value

Anything with value > 0 is being mined, metadata and value are optional. No metadata specified = any will match.

To clarify, if one wanted to mine only pink wool and place it with higher priority, you would use 35-6:4 ?

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• I assume that's the correct id-damage for pink wool as if you'd /give your self it. Yes that would cause only pink wool to be mined. The 4 has -nothing- to do with priority (as that's just mine or don't mine); it has everything to do with the value returned when you use the scanner by hand.

• I assume that's the correct id-damage for pink wool as if you'd /give your self it. Yes that would cause only pink wool to be mined. The 4 has -nothing- to do with priority (as that's just mine or don't mine); it has everything to do with the value returned when you use the scanner by hand.

OH. That makes much more sense. Thank you.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• How would I go about figuring out the damage values for the various items i would like mined? I have forestry, redstone, buildcraft and Ic2 installed, and although it seems to hit some of the ore some of the time, it also ignores a bunch of it. :?:

Nevermind. I just edited in the itemvalues with no damage values, and that should do it I think.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• This will be the Valuable Ores config I will be planning to use.

Code
    valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 135:1, 135-1:5, 135-2:3, 135-3:4, 135-4:3, 135-5:3, 135-6:2, 135-7:2, 140:4, 140-1:4, 140-2:4, 140-3:4, 140-4:2, 140-5:2, 140-6:4, 140-7:3, 247:4, 248:2, 249:2

For those who are keeping score, Block 140 is where Red Power stores its ores, and Block 135 is the default location for the Nether Ores mod, provided by Power Crystals. I have not tested this config yet, but it *should* work.

• As always, it depends on your installed mods. If they conflict or if you've set different values you'll get odd values for various mods.

• Just asking for a little clarification, but if i add "140" (Without metadata) to the list of Valuable ores, it will mine ever silver/copper/tin/tugnsten/emerald/ruby/shappire added by RP2?

Or someone know where/how to get the metadata of each block?

(Also kinda out of topic: Why is there a block id value for uranium, tin and copper? Sides that one of redpower block id clashed with Copper and id resolver moved that ore away so my miner wasnt digging any copper >.>)

• Just asking for a little clarification, but if i add "140" (Without metadata) to the list of Valuable ores, it will mine ever silver/copper/tin/tugnsten/emerald/ruby/shappire added by RP2?

Or someone know where/how to get the metadata of each block?

(Also kinda out of topic: Why is there a block id value for uranium, tin and copper? Sides that one of redpower block id clashed with Copper and id resolver moved that ore away so my miner wasnt digging any copper >.>)

All RP2 ores use the same block ID.
    IC2 ores do not for compatibility with existing maps.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I am a bit confused my I am using IC2 and RedPower but my IC2.config contain this line

valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3

There were no Redpower ores (like rubies). I am running an SMP server. I added 140:1 to the client config file and set up a test.
    valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3 , 140:3

the miner just bypassed the Rubies,Emeralds ect... Does the config file need to be changed on the server instead or in both location

• Official Post

The configchanges are no longer needed, since the addition of the Oredictionary in Forge.

• The configchanges are no longer needed, since the addition of the Oredictionary in Forge.

I just tested this on my SMP Server running Minecraft 1.2.5, IC² 1.95b and Forge 3.2.3.108.

It works like a charm. I was always wondering why my miners found not much Nikolite, Emerald, Ruby, Tungsten etc.
    With 140:1 added to the config i set up my miners on the old finished positions and they found lots of rubys, sapphires etc.

The Oredictionary was intruduced with which version of forge?

• Official Post

I just tested this on my SMP Server running Minecraft 1.2.5, IC² 1.95b and Forge 3.2.3.108.

It works like a charm. I was always wondering why my miners found not much Nikolite, Emerald, Ruby, Tungsten etc.
    With 140:1 added to the config i set up my miners on the old finished positions and they found lots of rubys, sapphires etc.

The Oredictionary was intruduced with which version of forge?

Please use the Quotefunction right.

IC² Miners are mining every RP-Ore (Tungsten, Gems, Copper, Tin, Silver) except Nikolite, that's also inside the IC²-Code (I successfully attacked FenixR with that piece of Sourcecode), here is the evidence [Suggestion] Radioisotope thermoelectric Battery