Suggestion: Monorails

• Introduction:
    Do you hate long walking in your mine or on mega castle?
    Then build a monorail type TransFast (HAYO!) :D
    It will be fast minecart that will have (rails) on celling and requires energy.
    You will need to power up the rails to make it work, they will eat 3 EU per block.
    I know its big amount of energy but it will be very fast! You will be able to control the monorail with W/S.
    Junction system will be same as for normal rails.And what about connecting vagons?

Connecting:
    I know its impossible to connect them but i have an idea! When you create a locomotive it will create its copy X blocks away.
    When locomotive A moves 5 block south locomothive B moves also 5 blocks south so you dont have to be behind all the vagons and be worried about creepers in front of trains.
    I know this system is weird but in comments are better check them out.

Powering:
    The locomotive should have save capacity as MFE.
    You can charge up your Monorail these ways:Not charging and using power in rails, batteries, charging using powered rails during ride (will have more limited speed), using charge station(best way).
    When you will press C(you can you any you want just first letter i saw on keyboard :D ) it will start charging from rails.
    And you can even craft External powering energy storage!(XPES in short)
    Want to go to from city A to city 9001?
    Now this is something for you! With this you will be able to increase max energy for powering locomotive by another 3 M.

Others:
    And when you sit inside it could do something like pumpkin when you use it as helmet.
    You will see some random levers and useless buttons they wont move or do anything it will just look good.
    And if you will try to acess iventory when riding a locomotive you will see thats locomotive gui, that will show you a slot for batteries, how much energy left, internal storage (3 spaces?)
    There will be also Detector rails.
    You can have really anything in these high-tech wagons.
    Even beds! In this wagon you can sleep like in normal bed.
    Monsters will not attack you as long as you supply this wagon with energy.
    Now you can make multi-rail wagon.
    You have to put 1 wagon to end and one on the onther side.
    It works 99% same as nomal locomotive except it can go on normal rails and also on monorail ones.
    But when its on normal ones it can take energy only from its internal storage/XPES you cant power up minecart rails.
    Warning if you woul try to make each rail go other way it will derail!

Charging station:

And if your locomotive/energy storage wagon will be on charging station(it will have automaticly rail on itself) it will charge at same speed as how much EU/s it has. It accepts high voltage. Also all of your wagons can transfer energy to main locomotive (if there are 2 then to the nearest). Charging stations does not conduct. When powered by redstone it will not charge anything.

Decharging station:

If your locomotive/energy storage wagon will be on decharging station it will decharge it with speed 2000 EU/s! You can disable decharging by powering decharging block by redstone.
    Decharging stations does not conduct.

Programmable train:
    And also you can right click on locomotive with programmable block and it will be Automatic Monorail. When you right click it now you will see Gui where you will set these thing: Station block(when is this block directly or 1 block then it will start to slow down and then fully stop. Each wagon will take more 2 blocks to stop. Example: Train sees station block. Train has 5 wagons (with locomotive).
    So it will take 10 blocks to stop.Or you can manually set how many blcoks is next station away. And you can also use one blcok that when it will reach the train will use emergency brake and stop there, but it requies some additional energy to stop that fast. There will ba also blcok that will teleport the cart with AI on other side of the train. If there would be red signal it will automaticly stop. Also by using different blocks you can set speed of that train.

Additional impossible ideas:
    I have an idea but i think thats too much for AL. 3 block wide passanger carts witch openable door and sitable chairs. ^^

Carts:
    You can craft these types of carts: Locomotive/Locomotive with programmable block, passanger wagon, storage wagon, energy storage wagon, storage wagon, mob transporter, machine wagons,sleeping wagons.(Sorry if i forgot some its really lots of types of wagons.)
    Energy storage wagon will have storage capacity of 3 M EU. When are any of these carts powered they will emit light. Locomotives will emit stronger light and last vagon will emit red light when braking.
    I dont know if it is possible to make colored light.

Signals and speed detectors and things not directly connected to trains:
    Signals are basic thing it wil be a block that will change its state(red/green) when powered by redstone. It does also affect trains with programmable blocks.
    When you will right click a speed detector an gui will open up. You can set 2 modes, activate if speed is bigger then X/lower then X.
    There will be also an counter that will set X. When are these conditions met it will emit redstone signal.
    Barriers will look like pole from fence and when powered it will create another pole same way as you was standing when placing it.
    Its texture will be white basic pole and that one when powered will be red/yellow. (Of course AL can do any clolor.)

Crazy Ideas:
    When any mob will enter the locomotive it will do crazy stuff.
    Of course it has to be powered.

Sheep - Still going forward
    Pig - Still going backwards
    Cow - Randomly going forward an backward
    Skeleton - Just uses train as shield
    Zombie - Tries to derail
    Creeper - Ka-Boom!
    Spiders are too wide they cant enter the train.
    And if you would manage to get squid there it will explode on force 5 nukes :D
    I know its maybe too crazy but it looks funny.
    And seriously Alblaka you dont have to implement these crazy ones.

Storage wagons:
    With mob transporter wagon you can take your pet(food) with you!
    It has capacity for 3 mobs. Mobs enters the wagon when he touches it.
    When you right click on that wagon you will see 3 slots with animal icons.
    When you click on one of them the animal will be released.

Umm have i mentioned monorail with chest?
    NO?! Oh my god i forgot one of most needed wagons!
    Of course there aer ones. :D

Machine wagons:
    Now you can even put machines inside wagons!
    Just right click them and normal gui will pop up.
    They will take energy from locomotive/storages.
    Now you can be still travelling with this!

Advertisment:
    You can also craft sound wagons.
    Want to say something to everyone in city?
    Or do you just want to hear some music during transport?
    With this wagon you can play sounds.
    It needs to be powered of course. If you will right click on it when powered an gui will open up.
    (Now the extremly hard part)
    You will see all sound/music files they were placed in %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/xxxxxxxx
    When you will select one it will loop until you press stop.
    Now you can make a monorail around city yelling at everyone "Buy my diamonds! Best price at city!".

Crafting recipe:

Rails:
    [RM][Cable][RM]
    [RM][Stick ][RM]
    [RM][Cable][RM]
    That will create 12 rails.

Detector rails:
    [RM][Cable][RM]

[RM][ PP ][RM]

[RM][Cable][RM]
    That will create 4 rails.

Speed detector rails:
    [RM][Cable][RM]

[RM][ PP ][RM]

[RM][PP][RM]
    This will create 4 rails.

Monorail with engine:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Tin][Engine][Tin]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Empty monorail:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Tin][][Tin]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Energy storage wagon:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Tin][MFSU][Tin]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Storage wagon:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Tin][Chest][Tin]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Sleeping wagon:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Tin][Bed][Tin]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Mob transporter:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Chest][Chest][Chest]
    [Tin][Tin][Tin]

Engine:
    [RM][Cable][RM]
    [RM][Machine][RM]
    [RM][Cable][RM]

Charging station:
    [RM][Cable][RM]
    [Cable][AdvCircuit][Cable]
    [Metal][Metal][Metal]

Decharging station:
    [RM][Cable][RM]
    [RM][Machine][RM]
    [Metal][Metal][Metal]

Barrier:
    [Piston][Iron][]
    [Piston][Iron][]
    [Redstone][Iron][Redstone]

XPES:
    [String][Cable][String]
    [Cable][MFSU][Cable]
    [Tin][Cable][Tin]

Signals:
    [Iron][Redstone][Iton]
    [Iron][RT][Iron]
    [Tin][Redstone][Tin]

Multi-rail wagon:
    [][][]
    [][MWE][]
    [][MI][]

Sound emmiting wagon:
    [Tin][N][Tin]
    [N][J][N]
    [Tin][N][Tin]

Machine wagons:
    Use the empty one and put the machine in the middle.
    Or just put empty wagon under a machine(in crafting).

RM = Refined metal
    Me = Metal
    PP = Pressure plate
    RT = Redstone torch
    MWE = Monorail with engine
    MI = Minecart
    J = Jukebox
    N =Note block

Maybe some sort of reinforced string for wagons :sleeping: .
    I know the recipes are not balanced etc...

And thanks to Scors for the charging station idea.
    And AL if you are reading this also check out comments there are some useful thing.
    Also please repair creeper icon. After placing it some text will be placed in text.
    And Items/Blocks icons will be useful.
    After reading all this your mind should be sucefully blown :D .
    720 characters left for this post! :D

Thank you for reading this.

• Or instead of powering rails you can put any charged energy storage (not that blue crystal).
    And if the monorail derails or rams into a block then it will explode with same force as 3 TNTs.
    And when the rails/locomotive will be powered all vagons will emit light, except the last one that will emit red light only when braking.

• Actually, I like this idea. If I knew anything about Java coding (let alone Minecraft coding), I'd probably make this using the compatibility package soon to be available. :D

(Must learn java coding!)

• This sounds like an excellent idea, as this could completely replace the mine cart. For linkage the monorails could use a custom GUI from a 'Master Cart'(the one you originally placed) where there's a place to put carts. So that when you place the carts in that slot and exit it will add on additional 'Slave' carts. This would make the whole system much easier, no crazy complicated linkage shenanigans. The individual 'Slave carts' would be ride able but act as linked sections using maybe a fishing sting between them to show that they are(maybe a thicker string if that's possible, or different color at least). For power it should be possible for it to take a charge along with being powered, that or it could recharge from powered lines when not moving.

This whole idea listed above and a version that acts like the maglev trains.

Here's my try at an example GUI:

• I thought you actually cant connect carts. On minecraftforums there is a mod, that add new locomotive crats etc...
    And in that case creator says it is impossible to connect carts. I know AL is much better modder and he will make it. 8)
    Oh, and there is link for that mod: Click

• I thought you actually cant connect carts. On minecraftforums there is a mod, that add new locomotive crats etc...

And in that case creator says it is impossible to connect carts. I know AL is much better modder and he will make it. 8)
    Oh, and there is link for that mod: Click

Actually, I got a thought on that: If you can get one block to talk to another, then the "connection" could be an illusion. if you have a "head" of the train (Cart on one side, not both), then why not have the head connect to the tail and tell it the offset to remain at? Have the tail push the train and the head just run. Or, have the car in front communicate with the one behind it where to remain in offset. (Obviously, as I think about this, I have to wonder CPU usage, capabilities, lots of details. But if it can be done, it'd be remarkable! :D)

Edit Addition: Why not just have a "charging station" where the monorail car can charge directly from a power grid? Instead of through optional batteries or the rails. Just get the rail length to next station, have it charge for that amount. ^^ (again, I'm saying simple things when they're probably insanely complex.)

• Charging station is a really good idea but there should be option for powering it via batteries.
    When you want from city A to city H and you forgot to charge yourself then what?
    Push it to station? :D The head should have save capacity as MFE. And when you sit inside it could do something like pumpkin when you use it as helmet.
    You will see some random levers and useless buttons they wont move or do anything it will just look good.
    I have an idea but i think thats too much for AL. 3 block wide passanger carts witch openable door and sitable chairs. ^^
    Also i will add recipe for charging station. So now you can charge via batteries(if you are stranded), automaticly during ride, super fast via charging station.

• Well, obviously you'd need a battery charge option, not everyone is going to prioritize a charging station. That being said, if you're going from city A to city H, where's B-G? If they exist, then have the rail lines stop for a recharge at one of those cities. And, of course, you'd have to figure out the power requirements from one station to another, so you're not totally stranded. You'd be stranded if you decided to go the other way in the middle of the tunnel, but not if you keep going straight. :)

• I have another crazy idea!(There are normal ones too)
    When any mob will enter the locomotive it will do crazy stuff.
    Of course it has to be powered.

Sheep - Still going forward
    Pig - Still going backwards
    Cow - Randomly going forfard an backward
    Skeleton - Just uses train as shield
    Zombie - Tries to derail
    Creeper - Ka-Boom!
    Spiders are too wide they cant enter the train.
    And if you would manage to get squid there it will explode on force 5 nukes :D
    I know its maybe too crazy but it looks funny.

Ok now the serious ideas:
    1)
    External powering energy storage (XPES in short)
    Want to go to from city A to city 9001?
    Now this is something for you! With this you will be able to increase max energy for powering locomotive by another 3 M.
    I will add recipe in main post.

2)
    Barriers
    A block that will look like pole from fence and when powered it will create another pole same way as you was standing when placing it.
    Its texture will be white basic pole and that one when powered will be red/yellow (of course AL can do any clolor)
    I will add recipe in main post.

I will still add new ideas until AL will at least check this out.
    And even after it i will still add new ideas.
    And by the way how can you make another post directly under your post?
    I am starting to run out of free characters :D

• Another ideas... :D

Mob transporter:
    With this wagon you can take your pet(food) with you!
    It has capacity for 3 mobs. Mobs enters the wagon when he touches it.
    When you right click on that wagon you will see 3 slots with animal icons.
    When you click on one of them the animal will be released.

Machine wagons:
    Still travelling?
    Dont want to build new houses?
    Then THIS is something for you!
    You can put machine inside wagons!
    Just right click them and normal gui will pop up!
    They will take energy from locomotive/storages.
    Now you can be still travelling with this!

Sleeping wagons:
    Now you have nearly mobile house.
    What do you else NEED(jukeboxes arent needed)?
    Ummm... BED!
    In this wagon you can sleep like in normal bed.
    Monsters will not attack you as long as you supply this wagon with energy.

Alblaka please check this out, I am running out of ideas. :D
    I will add recipes in main post.

• Official Post

As for the mob transporter, I can imagine a huge trench around a city with a train running through it to pick up the mobs, then drops them off at a mob grinder :D

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• As for the mob transporter, I can imagine a huge trench around a city with a train running through it to pick up the mobs, then drops them off at a mob grinder :D

Oh yeah, I can see that, maybe incorporate a trapdoor in the bottom of some of the carts? Have it open and drop the mob when the car runs over a Redstone-infused track piece?

• If this is going to be made, I'd suggest making it an optional side-project add-on to Industrial-Craft rather than written directly in. Kind of like Build Craft and the pipes/machines/builders setup.

• The contents of this post could be made into an entire mod for vanilla, oh wait there already is.

Interesting, but not really dependent on IC, so it probably shouldn't be implemented into it.

• Yeah it should be made as an addon for IC2.
    But not as mod itself, that would mean no energy.
    And without energy it would suck. I can use minecarts, they also does not requires energy.
    I do know 0% about coding so dont except i would try to make this addon.
    Addon system for IC2 should ne implemented like:

Energy
    Machines
    Transportation

etc...
    And now with MC forge we have no limitations so maybe Al could it implement later.

• Guess what! Another ideas :D

Multi rail wagon:
    Want to connect your old minecart system to your new monorail one without braking all old rails?
    You have to put 1 wagon to end and one on the onther side.
    It works 99% same as nomal locomotive except it can go on normal rails and also on monorail ones.
    But when its on normal ones it can take energy only from its internal storage/XPES you cant power up minecart rails.
    Warning if you woul try to make each rail go other way it will derail!

Sound emmiting wagons:
    Want to say something to everyone in city?
    Or do you just want to hear some music during transport?
    With this wagon you can play sounds.
    It needs to be powered of course. If you will right click on it when powered an gui will open up.
    (Now the extremly hard part)
    You will see all sound/music files they were placed in %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/xxxxxxxx
    When you will select one it will loop until you press stop.
    Now you can make a monorail around city yelling at everyone "Buy my diamonds! Best price at city!".

I will add recipes in main post.

• Official Post

Not wanting to take the fun out of this, but most likely, nope.

It's just a ridicolous mount of entirely new concept-code. It's probably much more an own mod then anything to be integrated into a themed mod like IC.
    I will eventually create an Electric Minecart, that's it.

Seriously not trying to be mean, but some stuff can be done, some stuff can be done easyly, and some stuff appears great but is probably more work to implement then whole IC² x2.

• Oh, ok i do understand.
    I want to implement it myself to IC2 but i am too lazy to learn Java + all these english tutorials are sometimes too hard for me, I am 13 and my primary language isnt English.
    I learned how to code in Garrys Mod with wire and that is my maximum. (I made some pretty good stuff though)

Edit:
    And who said you have to make all of this?
    You can make just basics :)
    I just gave you lots of ideas you can choose which you will make.