[Addon v1.23]MoreTreeTapsv1.00

• Fantastic work. Thanks. I'm having a snag...

I've attempted to get this mod to work by dropping the zip in the mods folder and also by adding its contents diredtly into the Jar. The game starts up fine, but wheni go to use either the iron tap or the electric tap, as soon as i click to use it on a rubber resin spot, the game crashes. I know how to find and read the modloader error report when the game crashes like an ID conflict, but i dont know where to start looking/solving when the game crashes instantly on item use. I'm assuming its a conflict with one of the other mods on my system, any thoughts or ideas how i can get these awesome treetaps to work? Thanks.

• Downloaded the mod for both server and client. Added server files to server.jar, and tried both tossing the zip in the mods folder and contents into minecraft.jar. Both ways, on login, it disconnects me and says "you are missing the following mods: mod_IC2_MoreTreeTaps 1.8_01" I downloaded the file in the OP link, which was 1.0 is your link not up to date, or did I click something wrong?

• verify that you installed it right on both the server and client, because so far 95 poeple have downloaded the server version and 698 the client version so I think I would have everyone experiencing this problem if it was a problem with my code...

also if you use any other mods install them before you install my addon

• Downloaded the mod for both server and client. Added server files to server.jar, and tried both tossing the zip in the mods folder and contents into minecraft.jar. Both ways, on login, it disconnects me and says "you are missing the following mods: mod_IC2_MoreTreeTaps 1.8_01" I downloaded the file in the OP link, which was 1.0 is your link not up to date, or did I click something wrong?

Make sure that if you use ModLoader, name of the addon-file so that it's alphabetically sorted after the main Industrial Craft2-package.
    The way ModLoader loads stuff is in alphabetical order, and if the addon is loaded before the main package it cannot find the necessary resources referred to in the addon and the loading of the game will halt.

For example:
    A_MoreTreeTaps.rar
    Z_IndustrialCraft2.rar

Bad.

A_IndustrialCraft2.rar
    Z_MoreTreeTaps.rar

Good.

Perhaps not your issue but worth mentioning since I've had that problem with other addons.

• Another fantastic mod - the hits just keep on coming! :thumbup:

Something to note, people - the iron treetap recipe uses refined iron, so if it appears the mod is "not working", make sure you're not trying to use normal iron.

F4113nb34st,I made some 64x and 128x sprites for these so HD users have something nice to look at!

http://img.photobucket.com/alb…ecraft/IronTreeTap128.png

http://img.photobucket.com/alb…ft/ElectricTreeTap128.png

http://img.photobucket.com/alb…necraft/IronTreeTap64.png

http://img.photobucket.com/alb…craft/ElectricTreeTap.png
    To use these files, just rename the desired files to "IronTreeTap" and "ElectricTreeTap" and drag them into the IC2MoreTreeTaps/GUI/Mod_IC2_MoreTreeTaps folder. Basically just overwrite the default textures in there. Enjoy!

NOTE: These are modifications of Sphax textures, originally the work of Amon. I did not create these, just modified them. I thank the Sphax team for their understanding in my oversight - be sure to check out their MTT textures!]

• The only recommendation I might make is the power cost for the Electric Treetap. I harvested resin from 35 trees and used only 950 energy, which is less than 10% of the battery.

I'm not sure how that compares to the chainsaw or the mining drill in terms of EU/use or battery life, but harvesting from over 300 trees on one charge seems kind of excessive IMO. Nonetheless I love the mod! Thanks!

• Could you create this:

Addonidea: Auto-treetapers

Desribtion: The addon would consist of a machine that
    we would put next to a resin hole and it would harvest the resin
    automaticaly but it would have to be powered by EU.

Hope somone makes it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I found this on the add-on page written by Darkclown. I think this will be a good idea.

• Mine crashes too as soon as i run the electric treetap. I'm using the Technic Pack however so it's an older version of industrialcraft 2. it's 1.15. I tried updating but it caused a lot of incompatibilities.

• I was thinking of making an autotree tap, but it is too OP and is very difficult to code

The second part I understand, although to the first, I would think it would be possible to add some artificial inefficiency, like give 0-1 randomly instead of 1-3 randomly.

• My apologies, I'm normally better than that. I thought I did mention that it was Amon's work - if not there, then in another post. I made it before you did the textures for MTT , unaware that you were working on it.

I am sorry - I should have asked, I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just wanted to give the community something better than the defaults. I didn't presume to claim any rights or originality - I admire the work that your team does. I'll be sure to give credit where it's due and I promise I'll be better about asking in the future!

If you wish, I will remove the images and the post.