[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Lol?
    I found another bug.
    My since rocket science placed copper cables look like superconductors.
    Hope you make a bugfix soon, Kentington.

All of the Cables look like superconductor... I have the same problem :/

• i love your mod but i cant install it so can you make a video or beter installing recepie

THX -ulf89

• So this weekend I made the mistake of getting my significant other into Minecraft, and she's asking asking me let her play Rocket Science... and thus here's a quick and dirty compatibility patch. Just getting IC2 properly decompiled was a bear and a half (MCP doesn't handle enums well, among other things), and the way IC2 handles items was radically changed, so I didn't have time to extensively bugtest - let me know if something goes wrong and I might be able to get to it sometime this week.

Future update plans are as follows. First, I'm going to finish the SSP features I've got partially coded (BuildCraft pipe support, satellite infrastructure, GPS satellite and transponder, mapping satellite, ground-penetrating imaging, orbital ion cannon, missile defense laser, radar dish and defense coordination block, control block for multiple missiles). Hopefully by the time that's finished I'll have found someone to take over the Bukkit conversion; if not, I can't promise anything.

Geek girls ? LOL this is so strange to me ! I was shocked when I learned Eloraam was a girl, and now I see she's not alone xD.
    Other than that, 0.81 is completely broken. It doesn't work at all, no recipies, nothing in NEI and the creative inv is full of fusion reactors, which are unnamed. -sigh-

• So this weekend I made the mistake of getting my significant other into Minecraft, and she's asking asking me let her play Rocket Science... and thus here's a quick and dirty compatibility patch. Just getting IC2 properly decompiled was a bear and a half (MCP doesn't handle enums well, among other things), and the way IC2 handles items was radically changed, so I didn't have time to extensively bugtest - let me know if something goes wrong and I might be able to get to it sometime this week.

Future update plans are as follows. First, I'm going to finish the SSP features I've got partially coded (BuildCraft pipe support, satellite infrastructure, GPS satellite and transponder, mapping satellite, ground-penetrating imaging, orbital ion cannon, missile defense laser, radar dish and defense coordination block, control block for multiple missiles). Hopefully by the time that's finished I'll have found someone to take over the Bukkit conversion; if not, I can't promise anything.

So will this whole satellite infrastructure system allow for wireless transmission of redstone signals across large distances? That would be fantastic! Also, I'm not one to ask for an ETA or anything, but do you anticipate that it's something that might be finished within a month or so, or perhaps a more extensive period of time?

• So will this whole satellite infrastructure system allow for wireless transmission of redstone signals across large distances? That would be fantastic! Also, I'm not one to ask for an ETA or anything, but do you anticipate that it's something that might be finished within a month or so, or perhaps a more extensive period of time?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-11wireless-redstone-v15/

no need for him to do that to be honest

• http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-11wireless-redstone-v15/

no need for him to do that to be honest

I'm aware of that mod, but I'm not such a huge fan of non-Forge mods, and I don't like its feel so much. Moreover, it would make sense for Kentington's satellite system to be able to do this, and it would have a very good feel to it with the rest of IndustrialCraft in my opinion.

At any rate, it would be nice to have an alternative to the Wireless Redstone mod.

• Aw jeez. (Like I said, didn't have time to bugtest properly...) I can't promise anything, but I might have some time tonight...?

Well you showed us the bone by making the port, but it not working is being frustrating. I'm eagerly waiting for a fix. ^^

• Official Post

If it's not clear from all the bug reports, I don't recommend installing v0.81 unless you desperately want to upgrade to 1.1 without losing Rocket Science content *and* you don't mind that the content doesn't work for the moment. I'd still recommend backing up your world first.

Anyway, 0.81 works (more or less) on my machine because I've activated a few development "hooks" in my code - I'll look into why the release version is behaving so badly. Probably won't be able to release the fix tonight, though.

Development roadmap from here, with projected dates:

-v0.82 (sometime this week): Fix v0.81's myriad bugs.
    -v0.85 (on the heels on 0.82): Add BuildCraft pipe compatibility to the fusion reactor and isotopic separator as well as the all-new Cargo Rocket.
    -v0.9 (late February): Add satellite systems, including GPS, imaging satellites, communication satellites, microwave power relay, and ion cannons. You'll need to build some infrastructure to use them.
    -v0.95 (early-mid March): Add missile defense lasers, radar dishes, and defense coordinator blocks to manage them. Also add missile control blocks for simultaneously targeting/launching multiple missiles. You'll also be able to connect the two control blocks to automatically launch your missiles if incoming warheads are detected. This version will be ready for conversion to Bukkit, assuming I've found someone to handle the project by then.

• a suggestion, what about eventually making the fusion reactor need an actual ring assembly of chambers to run?

it'd be this shape:

OOO
    RXO
    OOO

where R is the reactor, Os would be reactor chambers (or a new block for it, maybe "tokamak segment?") and X would be empty space. It makes sense given fission reactors also are multiblock... You should check railcraft on how they did multi-block entities with their coke oven.

• i love your mod but i cant install it so can you make a video or beter installing recepie

THX -ulf89

Copy+Paste the Rocket Science.jar file to the mods folder in .minecraft. That's it. (And, "installing recipe"? What does that even mean? 8| )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds awesome! I will look forward to all of those!

• Many thanks for the nonworking version of teasing ken:D Glad to hear you are still alive and most likely passed your exams. Hooray for missile targeting!

• With the communications satellite thing, redstone transmission makes even more sense. :D

• And that my friends is that main reason why you should not rush modders. that is your punishment. now accept that punishment

• I'm aware of that mod, but I'm not such a huge fan of non-Forge mods, and I don't like its feel so much. Moreover, it would make sense for Kentington's satellite system to be able to do this, and it would have a very good feel to it with the rest of IndustrialCraft in my opinion.

At any rate, it would be nice to have an alternative to the Wireless Redstone mod.

This actually could work!

• I HAVE FOUND A TEMPORARY FIX FOR MISSILE-CRASHING! If you place a redstone torch/powered redstone/etc. BEFORE you place a missile, then Minecraft won't crash. You can't set the location for it to hit, but you can set it off without Minecraft crashing.

• I HAVE FOUND A TEMPORARY FIX FOR MISSILE-CRASHING! If you place a redstone torch/powered redstone/etc. BEFORE you place a missile, then Minecraft won't crash. You can't set the location for it to hit, but you can set it off without Minecraft crashing.

to be-fair i don't care about the missiles i only wanted the fusion reactor for IC2, but that's good to know

• the game crashes when a coil is burned out(consumed)

the game crashes when a rocket has detonated.

probably more bugs too.

you said "bugfix 2/15"

hope you can fix this ;(