[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Hey. Im alright with modding. Not as good as Kerinton but I think I could attempt at your "bio-missile". If you give me details it would be great for you and for everyone who wants bio-missiles :thumbup:

I've thought about something like this:

If the bio-missle hit the ground there should be lots of green(or another color) particles in the air.(In a circle of 70 blocks)
    If any animal/player touches them it/he will get ill and die (if he isn't wearing a special helmet :Quantum-Helmet:)
    If any particle touches water he will split in two new particles and if a paticle touches a windmill :Wind Mill: it should be destroyed.

If the chemical-missle hit the ground there should be a red(or another color) liqoid(acid).
    The liquid slowly destoyes wood, dirt, stone and transform water in more acid.(If the acid destroyed something it wil be less)
    If any animal/player touches the liquid it/he will get damage and die (if he isn't wearing a special amor: :Nano-Leggings::Nano-Bodyarmor::Nano-Helmet: )

The acid should be destroid if it touches a watermill :Water Mill: and generate a lot of electricity
    It would be really nice to have missles like this, so please add them.
    (and make them smp compatible)

• Great! :thumbup: Amazing! :thumbup:
    Add them!
    (SMP!!!)

• Yeah, this ideas sound really good,it would be nice if you add them VEUTH.
    (and could you update the whole mod to 1.2.5 smp :whistling: )

• Great! :thumbup: Amazing! :thumbup:
    Add them!
    (SMP!!!)

You guys need to understand the amount of work that goes into a mod right? Porting the entire thing to SMP is enough in it's own right. Anything that dynamically changes blocks and the player will put a huge load on any kind of server. What if 3 players are firing 3 of these at once? Then the server has to do the chemical spread?

Maybe creating one liquid "chemical" block that hurts players would be good enough, since falling liquid seems to become infinite anyway. Try to realize the amount of work in what you ask!

• Ok... Im working on them now. I will proberly be able to create the Bio-chemical one (A very large and powerful potion of poison) But the Acid Will take some time. To make nano wistand fire its simple (it pretty much already does) but it will be a one than I will look at

Il post the "patch" if I can do it.

P.S. SMP I have no clue about. If anyone is willing to teach me il try it but im not willing to learn from a webpage just yet :D

EDIT: Im crap at textures so if someone could make one for the bio-missile it would be great. :Matter: :Industrial Diamond: :Matter:

Working on it yet its pretty much a merge of item powers. Missile launch to other things.

I dont belive I can make the crafting recipes for this mod. A bit complicated...

• I just went. GOD DAMNIT.

Hes made all the missile coding in one file now. I said I was alright. This is something I cant do. READ JAVA.

Bit of a fail. Im resulting to google Atm to check it out. I thought he would of had a .nucularwarhead.class for every differnt one. Now I have to do something useful with my spare time

• Ok, I've downloaded this mod, did some fun things, and now I want to test my knowledge about missile defense, to make sure I understand them (am still playing in SSP, but for when I'm playing SMP when this mod becomes SMP compatible). So, I placed some radars, and then I tried to build a coordinator block. Then minecraft crashed, without an error log. It just says "Saving chunks", then a black screen appears. Same happens when I try to open the world again, once the world is loaded it says saving chunks and jumps to a black screen. I'm using this mod and IC2, ofc, and computercraft and buildcraft. Anyone who knows how I can solve this problem?

• Ok, I've downloaded this mod, did some fun things, and now I want to test my knowledge about missile defense, to make sure I understand them (am still playing in SSP, but for when I'm playing SMP when this mod becomes SMP compatible). So, I placed some radars, and then I tried to build a coordinator block. Then minecraft crashed, without an error log. It just says "Saving chunks", then a black screen appears. Same happens when I try to open the world again, once the world is loaded it says saving chunks and jumps to a black screen. I'm using this mod and IC2, ofc, and computercraft and buildcraft. Anyone who knows how I can solve this problem?

You don't need more than one radar, AFAIK. It could be trying to get data for several entities and it might not be able to do that.

I have those mods and about a million more and minecraft is stable, so it is almost certainly not an incompatibility between mods.

Hope this helps!

• You don't need more than one radar, AFAIK. It could be trying to get data for several entities and it might not be able to do that.

I have those mods and about a million more and minecraft is stable, so it is almost certainly not an incompatibility between mods.

Hope this helps!

Not, it's not something of the radars. I tried it in a new world, and placed just a coordinator block, and it crashed too.

• Not, it's not something of the radars. I tried it in a new world, and placed just a coordinator block, and it crashed too.

Well, you could install it properly and replace the normal IC2 eNet files with the rocketscience versions. If you have done that, delete the IC2 API files from all other IC2 integrating mods.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Well, there were multiple files in the IC2 folder in the rocket science zip, am I supposed to copy them all or just the one which is already in the IC2 jar?

• Well, there were multiple files in the IC2 folder in the rocket science zip, am I supposed to copy them all or just the one which is already in the IC2 jar?

You need to copy all of them.

• My only question... how do I create Tritium? I don't care if it's a spoiler: please, someone answer me! I need to know it, or else my Let's Play series with this addon will fail :(

• My only question... how do I create Tritium? I don't care if it's a spoiler: please, someone answer me! I need to know it, or else my Let's Play series with this addon will fail :(

Assuming Kentington held true to reality, tritium can be formed by hitting Li-6 with neutrons. i'm assuming that the neutral-beam injector might be able to achieve this. I haven't tested this yet, and am making conjecture here.

Okay, I got it

• Quoted from the OP: "most notably the fission of lithium-6 by neutron capture."

Try mucking around with the fusion reactor components and coils and see what you get.

Ypu get tritium if you give two deuterium cells into the fusion reaktor,

so you give a deuterium cell in the tritium place, over it stands tritium bred, if it is 100% a tritium comes into the tritium sektor (if there is no other thing anymore).

• I just found IC2 and the wonders it holds, and began thinking "man I freaking love fusion power, I wonder..." and found this mod. I have a question about being able to add Rocket Science to IC2 and being able to keep my old world. I put a lot of time into my nuclear power plant and fairly sprawling workshop and transformer substations and I really don't want to lose those. Being able to decommission my constantly angry NPP and move into the ~FUUUUUTUUURE~ with fusion would rock so hard. Sorry if this had just been asked and I missed it!

• I just found IC2 and the wonders it holds, and began thinking "man I freaking love fusion power, I wonder..." and found this mod. I have a question about being able to add Rocket Science to IC2 and being able to keep my old world. I put a lot of time into my nuclear power plant and fairly sprawling workshop and transformer substations and I really don't want to lose those. Being able to decommission my constantly angry NPP and move into the ~FUUUUUTUUURE~ with fusion would rock so hard. Sorry if this had just been asked and I missed it!

yeah yeah, but 128 EU/t? Go for "horrible overpowered" tokamak from APS mod. everything is great in rocket science mod except fusion.

Disclaimer: This is only a suggestion. I dont want to start any confrontations here. It's free choice though, i'm only sharing my experience.

It should work with an existing world if you get your block IDs right, but I have had some weird bugs with chunk resets and with some of the missiles f.e. them getting stuck at the old max height of 128, which forced me to load an older save. If you really want to get it, backup your .minecraft somewhere and then install it, but I would recommend what RealEyesRealLies said, the APS mod is much more stabile and the tokamak is awesome, although really expensive to build.

• Well missiles kick ass too! This mod looks pretty neat to add onto it. I plan on trying a buildcraft and APS eventually too but thats not this thread, don't want to steal Rocket Science's thunder with other mods. :)