[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Water pumps in ocean = bad. What you want is the water over a small 1 deep pool, like 5x5, an infinite spring... you are not meant to be pumping out oceans if you still want the ocean there.

And 10 industrial engine can power 36 quarries and 10 pumps... do you need that many quarries?

Ok I will do that 5x5 thing, And the short answer with the quarries is yes I need that many if not more :thumbup:

• Official Post

The batbox gets freshly placed for test runs, so it will be empty. However I have just done a run with a Medium engine and that behaved as expected (a rate of about 12.5 EU/t before and after the pips). What was new to me this run was that the generator's liquids bar filled up. It hadn't done this with the Small engine, so I would assume the generator can't retain pressure with only a single Small engine.

Still, now that I've got the Medium engine I'll be using that and the Small engine will be relegated to powering the pump for the Medium engine's water.

That is correct, it need 5x the energy a small engine provides every tick. Still looking into it, haven't found the bug yet... maybe something to do with the generator's pressure storage.

• The Petrochemicalgenerator is overpowered you get more the 600 kEU from ONE bucket of BC fuel.
    If you use Generator + Iron engine you are able to get more than 100 kEU from one bucket of lava.

• Official Post

The Petrochemicalgenerator is overpowered you get more the 600 kEU from ONE bucket of BC fuel.
    If you use Generator + Iron engine you are able to get more than 100 kEU from one bucket of lava.

See BC forums, the value the iron engine uses for lava is currently incorrect, by a large margin. If it were working correctly, you would get less energy than from a geothermal generator.

The conversions are based on the parent mods energy, they are not abstract, nor something I made up. If you think fuel is OP, you might want to calculate how much EU it takes to make a bucket of fuel first.

• Gah! Alot of bitching in this thread. Where are we, MCF?

Seriously though, love the addon. I've been staying away from BC and IC2 combined in my worlds because I hated the mix of 2 divergent energy systems, but this is brilliant. Very intuitive and not gimmicky feeling. Thanks silentdeth for the hard work.

• I think i found a bug for you in my set up i was taking power from my solar flower and was going to use buildcraft to teleport the power to my base (I have zeldos teleport pipes) and was using 24 eu/t from the solar flower and after using the petrolchemical generator i was getting 37 eu/t so i set this up and i now have unlimited power as it makes more then it consumes i have pics of the power going up if you want them. O and the thing making water is from the bucket filler mod for buildcraft it makes infinite water with energy.

• Official Post

I think i found a bug for you in my set up i was taking power from my solar flower and was going to use buildcraft to teleport the power to my base (I have zeldos teleport pipes) and was using 24 eu/t from the solar flower and after using the petrolchemical generator i was getting 37 eu/t so i set this up and i now have unlimited power as it makes more then it consumes i have pics of the power going up if you want them. O and the thing making water is from the bucket filler mod for buildcraft it makes infinite water with energy.

Rounding error in BC pipes, he said it is fixed in 3.0.0, but I have not yet tested it.

• Official Post

Just an update for everyone regarding 1.0/ BC 3.0.x. SpaceToad has stated that he will not be updating to MC 1.0 for at least two weeks. Thus, I cannot update since I require some of his classes and his API to use my mod. I can, if fact, not even start work on updating until after he has done so. I will not be updating to BC 3.0.x prior to the 1.0 update, it is simply too bugy to work with in its current state. As you have no doubt guessed from the poll, I do intend to update to 3.0.x eventually and add some more crossover features to help... well... crossover.

I sure many of you are not happy with this, I am not particularly pleased myself, but it is out of my hands.

I can still work on fixing bug though, so keep the detailed bug reports coming. And try to be aware of bugs in the parent mods when post bugs related to this mod, such as the rounding error in BC energy pipes.

• Silentdeth: This is my favorite mod so far! I have been expecting this for generations of minecrafts now. Good Job! I dont know if this is on purpose, but it works great with sphax textures.

• For some reason, I'm not seeing a texture for the oil materializer - it's coming up that purple color that means it's looking on a tile that doesn't have a texture assigned. I don't know if it's because I'm using HD textures or what.

• I have got to say - the IC engines work wonderfully! I just built my first BC "machine" in my base - a refinery set up around an Oil Fabricator - and the IC combustion engine-equivalent powers it nicely. Thanks for helping to make my BC/IC integration easier!

(Now, I just have to remember... when something isn't working... did you redstone it? 8| )

• Official Post

For some reason, I'm not seeing a texture for the oil materializer - it's coming up that purple color that means it's looking on a tile that doesn't have a texture assigned. I don't know if it's because I'm using HD textures or what.

The texture for the oil materializer is contained in my version of the BC block texture, the only things I can think of that would cause that is if the mod isn't installed correctly, if the zip file has been renamed so that it loads after BC, or if the image file has somehow gotten corrupted and isn't loading. Unless you mean you are using HD BC textures, that might cause it.

• That's exactly what I mean. When I used the default BC textures it was the typical expected white block. Now it seems it's looking somewhere that isn't textured.
    Comparing the HD sheet to the default, I don't see any difference - each block is represented on both, there are no missing spots.

[EDIT: I see where it is... you've got the texture in a new place on your sheet! I'll add it and I think all should be OK.]
    [EDIT2: Nope, that didn't seem to work... maybe I'm modifying the wrong sheet?]

• Quick question on cooling:

Conventional wisdom says a pump with three redstone engines will provide enough coolant for two fuel-using combustion engines. I am using the large electric engine (the one that takes MV) and it seems to be pulling more coolant than two combustion engines would. Any idea just how much cooling it needs by comparison?

I'm trying to set up an automated refinery and currently, I have to offline the engine every so often while the coolant tank replenishes. And what is the penalty for an overheated electric engine? If it doesn't explode, what happens? Does it just run slower - or shut down entirely while it cools off?

[Also, on a related note: On the Engine GUI, what is the slot under the power icon? Is it for a portable power source like a battery (if so, what can it accept?) or is it for coolant like a bucket of water?]

• Official Post

That's exactly what I mean. When I used the default BC textures it was the typical expected white block. Now it seems it's looking somewhere that isn't textured.
    Comparing the HD sheet to the default, I don't see any difference - each block is represented on both, there are no missing spots.

[EDIT: I see where it is... you've got the texture in a new place on your sheet! I'll add it and I think all should be OK.]
    [EDIT2: Nope, that didn't seem to work... maybe I'm modifying the wrong sheet?]

What you would have to do is take the oil materilizer textures and resize them to the size of the HD textures then copy them into the HD texture image, in the same row and column they are in, in my mods texture file. I think that will work, it's really not a supported feature while it's just a placeholder texture.

3x more coolant compared to a fuel burning combustion engine.

It uses more EU.

Yes it is for batteries, currently you can only use Tier 1 batteries (RE and such). I have to ask the IC2 team what their stance is on using crystals in machines. The code supports it but none of their machines use the crystals directly; you have to have a MFE or MFSU.