[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• CovertJaguar mentioned an issue with the BuildCraft 2.2.x branch for 1.1 that may or may not have a bearing on the issue here:

The Liquid Loaders don't implement getCapacity() from the ILiquidContainer interface. Not sure if this will cause issues. That function probably isn't called by pipes. So it might not matter, I could be wrong though. And that only applies to the 2.x branch.

Again, it might be another matter entirely, but it came to mind when I saw the current discussion.

• Using the bukkit port on my server that only has IC2, Buildcraft, Advanced Machines, and Modular Force FIeld I get an error whenever I try to start the server up. I think I installed it properly and I checked for block id conflicts so I'm not really sure what is the matter.

Modloader.txt output

• Official Post

I'm not sure, line 103 is different in my version so I am not entirely sure what is causing it. I am also not very familar with bukkit or how it loads. Maybe try putting IC2 in the jar? That is just a guess, I've not much to go on. Looks like it is some issue with the load order.

• I would agree. In BuildCraft, refined fuel provides three tiomes the energy of oil (600k MJ vs 200k MJ), but it takes twice as long to release it (20k ticks vs. 10k).
    So, comparatively, refined fuel should yield 1.5 times the EU/t, but also burn twice as long.

• I would agree. In BuildCraft, refined fuel provides three tiomes the energy of oil (600k MJ vs 200k MJ), but it takes twice as long to release it (20k ticks vs. 10k).
    So, comparatively, refined fuel should yield 1.5 times the EU/t, but also burn twice as long.

Things like these should be in the Buildcraft Wiki, i almost never find anything specific to how the Energy works in Buildcraft :X

• Official Post

Things like these should be in the Buildcraft Wiki, i almost never find anything specific to how the Energy works in Buildcraft :X

I agree the difference between oil and fuel is a bit extreme, to where one should never ever use oil as a fuel source. But, I didn't come up with the ratio, SpaceToad did, I am merely staying true to a direct energy conversion. Personally, I would like there to be some intermediate steps/fuels between oil and 'fuel' with perhaps some useful byproducts, i.e. tar, but there isn't right now, maybe there will be in the future. You should also note that the amount of energy you need for buildcraft does increase a bit in the 3.x versions.

As for the lack of info on how energy works, I totally agree. It is a pet peeve of mine that there isn't more info on this available to the play. A large number of bugs exist and go unnoticed simply because BC has nothing like an EU reader. If it did people would be flooding him with bug reports about things not working right, it is something that makes things a lot harder for me, because you then convert the buggy BC energy into EU which you can measure and go "Hey! Wait a minute, that's not right."

• I'm not sure, line 103 is different in my version so I am not entirely sure what is causing it. I am also not very familar with bukkit or how it loads. Maybe try putting IC2 in the jar? That is just a guess, I've not much to go on. Looks like it is some issue with the load order.

I think it's the recipe generating function breaking for some reason. And as far as I can tell the crossover mod is loading last.

I don't have that handbook, but in the source code fuel is set to produce 5 MJ/t for 50000 ticks, and oil 2 MJ/t for 10000 ticks. That woul mean fuel produces 5x the power of oil, and also lasts 2.5x as long, for 12.5x the total energy.

Using a conversion factor of 1 MJ = 2.5 EU (which is also used by Power Converters)
    5 MJ/t * 50000 t * 2.5 EU/MJ = 625000 EU
    2 MJ/t * 10000 t * 2.5 EU/MJ = 50000 EU

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I don't have that handbook, but in the source code fuel is set to produce 5 MJ/t for 50000 ticks, and oil 2 MJ/t for 10000 ticks. That woul mean fuel produces 5x the power of oil, and also lasts 2.5x as long, for 12.5x the total energy.

Using a conversion factor of 1 MJ = 2.5 EU (which is also used by Power Converters)
    5 MJ/t * 50000 t * 2.5 EU/MJ = 625000 EU
    2 MJ/t * 10000 t * 2.5 EU/MJ = 50000 EU

Well, at least theres some math behind those outrageous numbers. Guess refining that Oil its 100% required.

• I don't have that handbook, but in the source code fuel is set to produce 5 MJ/t for 50000 ticks, and oil 2 MJ/t for 10000 ticks.

Well, then... looks like Silentdeth's numbers are spot-on in that case.

And I agree that refining oil is almost required - it's not much different in BuildCraft, honestly. Combustion engines run slowlhy and poorly on unrefined oil. I fuel them with it only long enough to get output from my refineries. After that, unrefined oil is never used as fuel.