[Suggestion] Chain Link Fences

• Craft with an X of Refined Iron to make 16, they'd share the model with Glass Panes. Possibly climbable. When given power electrocutes those that touch it. Would look a hell of a lot nicer than the current Iron Fence, and would support "cages" since it uses the same model as Glass Panes (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/i…/Glass_Pane_Thickness.png).

It'd be nice to surround a compound in a nice chain link fence that would keep out enemies and players alike, being able to light up the fence with an electrical charge, etc. would just add to the usefulness factor.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I fully support this idea. I like all the features, except maybe climbing. I don't want electric walls that are climbable. The reason this would be better than uninsulated wires is that it would not constantly EAT power to be on. I don't know if it would be the most useful, but I hate the look of iron fences and they are so yester-tech!

The best part about IC is being able to force the server admin to buy power from your capitalist nuclear enterprise

• I fully support this idea. I like all the features, except maybe climbing. I don't want electric walls that are climbable. The reason this would be better than uninsulated wires is that it would not constantly EAT power to be on. I don't know if it would be the most useful, but I hate the look of iron fences and they are so yester-tech!

Agreed. Not a fan of the current iron fences.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• You could use Dawn of the Modern World by thethirdmike

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…world-thethirdmikes-mods/

It adds a bunch of good stuff that melds well with IC2. Aluminum, chain link fences, vehicles, garage doors, asphalt, sidewalks, good, good stuff.

Too much junk solely for a chain link fence ;)

• I think this would be a great addition. The fences would not be super strong by themselves, but they would cause quite a shock if powered. I have been thinking of something like this, it would be a great low tech replacement for the force field.

• You could use Dawn of the Modern World by thethirdmike

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…world-thethirdmikes-mods/

It adds a bunch of good stuff that melds well with IC2. Aluminum, chain link fences, vehicles, garage doors, asphalt, sidewalks, good, good stuff.

I wouldn't use everything he's done - in fact there's a lot that I'd simply rather NOT have, even among the core of the mod - but some of his ideas would work well in IC2. Especially the Fences and halogen lights (which also work on ceilings)!

Aside from that, a lot of what he's got in his "ModernTech" pack is done more effectively in IC2 already.