[sugestion]Aluminium.

• wouldn't it be more realistic if u use aluminium for canning and HV cables.
    If you in real life use iron for your hv cables than they would rip apart from the sudden peak of induction and they would act as in a giant coil,
    resulting that there would be first a voltage and then a current which isn't interesting if you are running on AC because it would mean you have a power factor ranges of 90°; meaning you need a capacitor to make it back as it were and creating more loss on the cable.
    Not only that but aluminium is less resistant than iron or copper.
    Also can's nowadays are made out of it.

it would be the same as any other material found at same depths as tin.

it's something to think about.

• I also am a fan of the RP2 style 'custom ore gets id, damage value determines what thing it is' method of ores.

• albaka has said that he doesn't want to add ores with just a few uses.

instead I recomend a process of combining iron dust+tin dust=aluminum*

1iron dust+2tin dust=1aluminum dust (smelt for ingots)

*it may not work in real life but... its minecraft dude, did you lost your reality and found it in a video game?

• that wouldn't be a bad idea.
    IC doesn't need an extra ore and in that way we can keep our worlds if it ever gets implanted.

• I have a question on this: Why?
    Adding another material only for cans, even the cans work just fine the way they are now doesn't make much sense for me.
    I'd say go for it, if you (or the devs :P ) find some more, other uses for it , but as long as it's only for cans, I'd say "nay".

• You may hate me for this, but what would be more realistic AND easier would be to replace Tin with Aluminium. If you Wikipedia Tin you will see that it has very few modern uses, and the Aluminium basically does what Tin does in IC. Yes, the cable would need to be changed around, since aluminium is more conductive and tin cable can be made so cheaply. What could be done to balance out have Aluminium cable would be that you have to mine Bauxite Ore instead of Aluminium (which is how it is done) and then macerate it to get Aluminium dust, so that you can't just make High-Voltage-Low-Loss cables right off the bat.

• You may hate me for this, but what would be more realistic AND easier would be to replace Tin with Aluminium. If you Wikipedia Tin you will see that it has very few modern uses, and the Aluminium basically does what Tin does in IC. Yes, the cable would need to be changed around, since aluminium is more conductive and tin cable can be made so cheaply. What could be done to balance out have Aluminium cable would be that you have to mine Bauxite Ore instead of Aluminium (which is how it is done) and then macerate it to get Aluminium dust, so that you can't just make High-Voltage-Low-Loss cables right off the bat.

this has been stated many times, no ores that have 1 or 2 uses.

• You could simply macerate sand for it instead, and it serve as a 'cheap' replacement for Tin for some recipes...

1 sand = 1 Al heaps...

2 Al heaps = 1 Al ore...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I would not hate this, as it does not add more ores to the ground, which is annoying

I still think it'd be kind of useless tho

I dont like the whole useful-metal from useless-sand thing either, it was just a omgwtfbbqthatsoverpowerd moment that I had to reply to.

• I dont like the whole useful-metal from useless-sand thing either, it was just a omgwtfbbqthatsoverpowerd moment that I had to reply to.

Useless sand? pfft...

Besides, feldspar (the 2nd most common rock on the planet) is chemically composed of NaAlSi3O4 (or KAlSi3O8 if we are talking about the Potassium version...), so it's not terribly unrealistic for us to siphon and refine soft metal from some 'common rock'... But it would probably be at either a 1:4 or 1:8 yield, at best... (plus, it's a metal weaker than gold, which doesn't mean it's going to get the same level of usage as Cu/Sn/Fe and so forth...)

Plus, Bauxite, the ore from which Aluminium is refined from, is ancient tropical sands that formed millions of years ago from iron depleted soils. While the maceration would not account for the necessary electrolysis needed to split Al(OH)3 into a refined metal state, it still creates an accurate form of how Al is acquired in our world today.

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Don't know where you all live, but here in the USA food comes in Steel cans. They do have a Tin coating, but no Aluminum is involved. The only Aluminum cans are the ones for soda and beer.

Also, if it was added then I would certainly want it to be named Aluminum and not Aluminium. :D

• Don't know where you all live, but here in the USA food comes in Steel cans. They do have a Tin coating, but no Aluminum is involved. The only Aluminum cans are the ones for soda and beer.