Advanced Machines: 1.23 UPDATES linked here and new ideas

• Personally, I think all of those ideas are useless. Buildcraft and Industrialcraft allows you to use a few Induction Furnaces and Rotary Macerators (particularly with 3.0.1) to do everything, even having a chest full of bronze, then having no waste, everything being absolutely perfect. No need for hard-to-use machines that have no real way of becoming more expensive. And end up being LESS useful.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Why not better Tools?

Upgrade for
    - :Nano Saber: with 1-2 more dmg and more Energy (Lapotron_Crystal)
    - :Chainsaw: with more dmg and more Energy (Diamond Version + Energy Crystal) and another Upgrade for Lapotron?
    - :Diamond Drill: more Energy and a littlebit faster maybe?
    - :Mining Laser: more energy with 2 Lapotrons?
    - :Batpack: with more Energy (Lapotron)

Maybe new Stuff? Like Robot Enemys or Androids or so :X

• Why not new mobs and trees and flowers?

Because it's called Advanced Machines. :whistling:

• Heh, yeah, no to weapons. I want to do stuff that won't exercise my utterly rubbish graphical design skills.

I'm just holding waiting for the IC2 update to get cracking on this. Also, want to see what's happening with 1.0 stuff. But should have something pretty soon after the next IC2 lands.

• Compatibility with other IC2 Addons? Like the Gold-Graphene-Lattice from Rocket Science that gets compressed to make superconducting cable? :D
    Would be much obliged.

• Compatibility with other IC2 Addons? Like the Gold-Graphene-Lattice from Rocket Science that gets compressed to make superconducting cable? :D
    Would be much obliged.

I thought the ore dictionary fix version worked with items added by mods, so that any items that work in normal macerators, extractors, and compressors worked in the advanced version.

• I thought the ore dictionary fix version worked with items added by mods, so that any items that work in normal macerators, extractors, and compressors worked in the advanced version.

Haven't tested rocket science mod (no SMP) but every other mod I've tested works yes- basically whenever the recipe list for a macerator/extractor/compressor changes, I've hooked the mod to refresh its list from the base models. So all recipes from all mods should work yes.

• I seem to be in the minority here, but I just want the advanced machines, as they stand, to stay compatible with new releases of IC2. They're more than powerful enough, especially when fed by BC pipes or RP2 tubes.

• I seem to be in the minority here, but I just want the advanced machines, as they stand, to stay compatible with new releases of IC2. They're more than powerful enough, especially when fed by BC pipes or RP2 tubes.

Here's the problem, and why I think this is worthwhile. Firstly, let's assume that zip never returns.
    So, I don't have Zip's code. I have something I decompiled from his code. I have got it working, obviously, as did arsenic. However, I don't really understand why zip done things the way he did. I can see different, easier (to me) ways to write code that does a similar thing. As IC2, and BC and other stuff (like MCF) moves forward, it's going to get harder to make sure that this mod continues to work. Trust me, I work in the Java industry and I've seen the kinds of disaster that can befall people who try and keep doing that. If I want to be in this for the long haul, I want something that's going to be easy for me (or someone I hand it to) to maintain. The code decompiled from Zip is neither. Technically, I can't even share it in decompiled form. Now, I can rewrite what zip done, and "present" it as my mod. But that's not fair to zip either- it's still his ideas, I've just gone and stolen them from him. So, I want to do something that goes beyond what he's done. Hence the above. I think if it's a reimagining of the whole suite of work, and just overlaps a bit with Zip's ideas, certainly inspired by Zip's ideas but still, unique enough to be different, then that makes me happy to make the effort.

Anyway, as soon as next IC2 hits, I'll be getting to work on the new beginning. I will probably have a look at making sure Zip's mod still works too. Though once BC3 really lands, all bets have to be off for Zip's stuff. He does some slight weirdness with BC as it is- it's not going to be easy to make it BC3 compatible.

• you should also add in a fix that makes the machines use their IC2 counterpart's recipes, for example, i noticed that my biodiamonds mod doesn't work with the compressor

edit: i just looked at your origional post and saw you already did this :D you should add it tio the list of stuff you added in

• Huh.. neat, so I just updated to 1.337 and forgot to remove the v1.23 fixed version.
    Much to my surprise everything still works fine. Was not expecting this but am not arguing much :)

• Huh.. neat, so I just updated to 1.337 and forgot to remove the v1.23 fixed version.
    Much to my surprise everything still works fine. Was not expecting this but am not arguing much :)

Well, that's great to know... I'll start work on the "new" version. Some interesting updates for sure...

• /FACEPALM

Protip: Read date of linked post.

IC2 V.1.00 WAS RELEASED FOR MC V.1.7.3.

Wow, I'm a dumbass.. lol

I noticed that forge and BC were updated, so I guess I checked the IC² thread and saw

The IC²-Developement team proudly presents:
    Industrial Craft ²
    Version 1.00 SSP

I guess I overexcited myself.. Also, then I saw some kid asking when IC² was going to be released for 1.0, and then he got banned.. Then I thought I saw the "IndustrialCraft 1.00" at the top of the list in the MC forums; with new posts, so I got confused as hell.. Guess I should have investigated a little more before posting.. :S

Don't mind me.. :P

• Any chance of getting sounds fixed with the next update? These silent machines are a little disappointing.

Actually, I would total enjoy it if you added idle sounds and even louder running sounds.

• Here's the problem, and why I think this is worthwhile. Firstly, let's assume that zip never returns.
    So, I don't have Zip's code. I have something I decompiled from his code. I have got it working, obviously, as did arsenic. However, I don't really understand why zip done things the way he did. I can see different, easier (to me) ways to write code that does a similar thing. As IC2, and BC and other stuff (like MCF) moves forward, it's going to get harder to make sure that this mod continues to work. Trust me, I work in the Java industry and I've seen the kinds of disaster that can befall people who try and keep doing that. If I want to be in this for the long haul, I want something that's going to be easy for me (or someone I hand it to) to maintain. The code decompiled from Zip is neither. Technically, I can't even share it in decompiled form. Now, I can rewrite what zip done, and "present" it as my mod. But that's not fair to zip either- it's still his ideas, I've just gone and stolen them from him. So, I want to do something that goes beyond what he's done. Hence the above. I think if it's a reimagining of the whole suite of work, and just overlaps a bit with Zip's ideas, certainly inspired by Zip's ideas but still, unique enough to be different, then that makes me happy to make the effort.

Anyway, as soon as next IC2 hits, I'll be getting to work on the new beginning. I will probably have a look at making sure Zip's mod still works too. Though once BC3 really lands, all bets have to be off for Zip's stuff. He does some slight weirdness with BC as it is- it's not going to be easy to make it BC3 compatible.

I get that. The problem that I have is that all of the suggestions given so far are so unbelievably OP that I'd probably go back to using the vanilla machines. Really, all I want from the addon is induction furnace-like versions of these other core machines. Anything above and beyond that feels too overpowered, approaching the EE level of overpowered.