[Addon v1.43] Solar Helmet - now with SMP! [v2.5]

• They are stealing our mods, our traffic, our adfly/adcraft links, our donations, our support forums, our IRC channels, our effort, everything. I did that to try to prevent the mod from being bundled with and installed alongside Technic, and to discourage people from using the pack.

• They are stealing our mods, our traffic, our adfly/adcraft links, our donations, our support forums, our IRC channels, our effort, everything. I did that to try to prevent the mod from being bundled with and installed alongside Technic, and to discourage people from using the pack.

Hello I am here!
    First a correction:
    We do not take any donations for Technic. In fact, the only thing you will ever find is us asking people to donate to the modders themselves.
    'Stealing' your traffic? IRC channels? Support forums? Effort?
    I like how nobody bothers to talk, or hell, even ask us at all.
    The super-ironic thing is all you guys have to go on is the MC Forums where we don't have a presence. Nobody knows that we are friends with Eloraam, or that Ablaka was the first to give us permission, or that Xenophobe has always been thankful for us, or that Technic and the Yogscast is directly responsible for Thaumcraft being created.
    I 'get' that people see us ripping on FlowerChild and take that as all we do, but that isn't my problem. FlowerChild is bad for the community and the sooner people like him get overshadowed with people doing it right (Alblaka, Eloraam, Xenophobe, Azanor) the better off we will be.
    Its fine though, modders getting more people using their mods, outpouring of donations and lots of praise. Its a terrible thing I know :(

• I like how nobody bothers to talk, or hell, even ask us at all.

You mean like how you asked me if you could include Railcraft in the pack? Oh wait, that's right you didn't. First I heard of it was when a user pointed it out to me, and from what I can tell it had been in the pack for several versions already. Maybe the people you listed really did give you permission, but I sure as hell know I didn't.

Still waiting for the outpouring donations too. All I've gotten so far is clueless Technic users looking for support.

• Nobody knows that we are friends with Eloraam, or that Ablaka was the first to give us permission, or that Xenophobe has always been thankful for us, or that Technic and the Yogscast is directly responsible for Thaumcraft being created.
    I 'get' that people see us ripping on FlowerChild and take that as all we do, but that isn't my problem. FlowerChild is bad for the community and the sooner people like him get overshadowed with people doing it right (Alblaka, Eloraam, Xenophobe, Azanor) the better off we will be.

So, that said, would you care to explain why you choose to showcase fan artthat is derogatory toward Eloraam? And the childish comments you not only permit, but endorse?

Don't mistake Eloraam's tolerance of you for "friendship" any more than I do. She's capable of grace, tact, and class - qualities I see missing from your site and utterly absent in the "credits" of your mod pack.

• Woah hey now here is some hate. This isn't really fair to RichardG and his thread, but sure lets chat.

First off CovertJaguar:
    We don't ask permission, we still don't. The permission has been given to us through various means, usually after people find out that we aren't assholes and that we truly and honestly love the mods and appreciate the creators. The reason we don't bother saying anything about it (usually) is because we don't want to cause drama between the modders themselves if we can help it.

To HeadHunter67:
    You do not speak for Eloraam. You may have an idea on what she is like but you are grossly mistaken in this instance. She loves that picture, and you are stretching far to try to frame that as derogatory toward Eloraam. She, unfortunately, has a sense of humor.
    Our 'site' isn't about grace, tact or class, I don't know why you'd come in all smug and try to point that out to us.

• Woah hey now here is some hate. This isn't really fair to RichardG and his thread, but sure lets chat.

First off CovertJaguar:
    We don't ask permission, we still don't. The permission has been given to us through various means, usually after people find out that we aren't assholes and that we truly and honestly love the mods and appreciate the creators. The reason we don't bother saying anything about it (usually) is because we don't want to cause drama between the modders themselves if we can help it.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't and never had permission to include Railcraft. And aren't likely to get it either, since you didn't bother to ask first.

• We don't ask permission, we still don't. The permission has been given to us through various means, usually after people find out that we aren't assholes

So, you admit to using others' work without permission, and then claim you're not assholes? Okay. If you say so.

She loves that picture, and you are stretching far to try to frame that as derogatory toward Eloraam. She, unfortunately, has a sense of humor.
    Our 'site' isn't about grace, tact or class, I don't know why you'd come in all smug and try to point that out to us.

And I'm sure that the more idiotic of your followers feel the same way? Or do they think that it's a dig on her and that's how they feel too? Because the remarks in the comments put lie to your words.

And if you're not about grace, tact, or class, then I don't see why you have an issue with me calling it like I see it. don't like the taste of your own medicine?
    And, for the record, I didn't "come in"... I was already here.

Now, back onto the topic: Richard, the Advanced Solar Helmet is magnificient. It's keeping my LapPack charged nicely!

• Copyright law is quite clear on the subject of "redistributing other peoples work without explicit given permission to do so"
    If you haven't received written permission to redistribute other peoples work then you are NOT allowed to do so. It doesn't matter if you send the author a million dollars as compensation. You are still not permitted to redistribute without consent!

Anyone who owns the copyrights on software can chose to file a claim. That means, if you (mr technic pack person) is living in any of the countries where copyright can be enforced and can be linked to a person (for instance, if you live in France then finding out who you are is EASY because of the new laws they have implemented) then YOU can be forced to pay compensation to the owner of the copyrights. Considering the number of mods you have in Technic pack that you don't have permission for redstributing that could be a years worth in salary.
    So maybe you should ease up a little and remove all the mods you don't have permission to redistribute before someone takes action and then it's all going to go downhill for you.

Don't believe me? Google some and find out that it has happened before for far lesser infractions on copyrights and those people have been fined up to $300,000 in court.

I don't care how "nice a person" you are, if you openly admit to shitting at other peoples rights to their own works then you are nothing more than a failure...

Don't get me wrong, i think all MC mods should be open source and free to distribute (non commercially) modified or not. But if a developer of mod XYZ wishes for his work to stay under his control then you respect his wishes or you face the consequences of your actions.

EDIT:

One more thing, if Eloraam, Alblaka or any of the other modders you say have given you permission to redistribute their work wants to revoke that permission they can do so whenever they feel like it. Tread lightly or they will do just that.

And did you know that even if the copyright holder doesn't want to hunt you down you are still breaking other laws that anyone can charge you for.

• Covertjaguar I'm not going to try to convince you we're great people or whatever. I don't need your respect to tell people your Railcraft mod is excellent, or link them to it, or encourage them to use the things you've created. I'm sorry you get more support questions though. :/
    HeadHunter67 and Cadde: Screaming about things you don't understand and speaking for people you don't know. I'll take the personal insults toward me and others. Heck, I'll even accept the 'technic propoganda' (lol) that we spread around. What I won't accept though is the hollow threats made on the behalf of people you don't speak for. I'll talk directly to them without you being involved, just like I do now. I'd rather have everyone's permission but you two are the exact reason why I have a hard time giving this community a chance, your types make it absolutely toxic to everyone.
    I didn't have permission in the first place and yet here we are, more legit than it started out as.

• From here:
    http://www.minecraft.net/terms

"Do not distribute anything we've made. This includes, but not limited to, the client or the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything we've made."

"If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changes."

So, stop being silly. Have fun and be amazed that any of this stuff works together at all.

• I'd rather have everyone's permission but you two are the exact reason why I have a hard time giving this community a chance, your types make it absolutely toxic to everyone.
    I didn't have permission in the first place and yet here we are, more legit than it started out as.

Gee, I wonder why that is... Could it that your outright *STEALING* their work without their permission? And you wonder why you have trouble getting permission? Wow, talk about utterly stupid.

• Risking further discussion on the technic pack in this thread I've created a thread designed for it. Use it or not, but don't discuss it here anymore. Thanks guys.

Technic Pack discussion thread

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Here is an error I'm getting for SMP non bukkit, i have IC,RP4b,forcefields,advanced machines,charging bench all installed also.

If you need more info let me know

• FINER: THROW
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mod_IC2

If Advanced Machines was working before, it means that Solar Helmet is being loaded before IC2. If the server is hosted on windows, you can add a 'z' in front of "Solar Helmet" to insure that it loads after IC2. Not sure on what to do on linux, though.

• Can you add an isotope generator helmet? Solar helmets don't work underground.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!