What other mods do you use? (And will they be IC2 compatible?)

• Hey, just wanted to see what types of mods, other than IC and MEC you use? Are they compatible, or do you wish they were all compatible? What about SMP?

Maybe if we find some common mods that aren't compatible, we can bug the creators into working together on them :P

For myself, I only use Industrial Craft on SMP (Why limit your creations so only you can see them?) Though I am eyeing the Aether (of course), Nature overhaul, particularly for it's lumberjack ability--cutting an entire tree down instead of having it float there --and the Finite Liquid Mod.

Currently, none of them are SMP or IC compatible, from what I've seen, which makes me very sad. I hope the IC2 thing changes that!

P.S. Remember to post a link to the mods you're talking about!

• Official Post

I always run BuildCraft with IC, and of course, it will be 100% compatible. I also run MpUtils on my server, I hate how it rains so much, plus god-mode is epic, I wish I could figure out how to get McMyAdmin to play nice with the new commands in MpUtils, then I could have full auto saving and backups, I REALLY want that, in fact I MAY get rid of MpUtils just to have McMyAdmin, but yeah, that is what I run.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• I like using the MineColony mod to generate food and easily obtainable ores for me. It works pretty well with IC but sadly the NPCs dont use bronze tools. Good way to turn cobblestone and wood into useful things though.

• Unfortunately, I use a lot of mods, so I have no way of know if they will be IC2 compatable, here's a rough list (I won't bother with the prerequisites):
    - IC
    - BuildCraft (Still getting used to Redstone for the wooden pipes)
    - TooManyItems (when I seriously need more stuff, but can't find the materials)
    - Somnia (Allows for the passing of time so that EU is still generated while I sleep)
    - Hidden Doors (Great for hiding those ugly cables)
    - OptiFine (So all these mods don't lag me)
    - SPC (When I need to quickly clear out some land)
    - Wireless Redstone w/Remote (Great for flipping Switch Cables at a distance)

Plan on using RedPower soon.

• I like using the MineColony mod to generate food and easily obtainable ores for me. It works pretty well with IC but sadly the NPCs dont use bronze tools. Good way to turn cobblestone and wood into useful things though.

Is the coding for minecolony any better now? I used to use it but the miner was dumb.

I usually use buildcraft timber and TMI with IC. TMI is there just in case I run into a bug like the drill not charging.

• You have to cater to the quirks of the mod. The miner tends to kill himself every now and then, but that can be avoided with proper placement. A great boon is the builder though. I have a minecart directional system that works with serial pulses and binary encoding, so for every junction a rather sizable room is needed, preferably underground, that can house the signal reception and decoding areas. Every station needs an encoding and sending room. Getting the builder to make these for you with self-written schematics is crazy-useful.

• I plan using lots of mods so here is the list:
    IC2 (Without IC i cant play Minecraft)
    Somnia (Generators have to keep producing energy)
    TooManyItmes (For everything)
    Redpower (Makes circuits easy)
    Buildcraft (Ummm, i like turtles toads)
    Zeppelins mod (I just want flying bases)
    Wireless Redstone (Finally I dont have to make long cables around whole map)
    IDResolver (I know there will more than 1 conflict in all these)
    Maybe I will use Finite Liquid, but I dont know if i should it screws whole game sometimes.

With public Beta they should be compatible.

• I know I posted up above, but I've been refining my list for when IC2 is released:

Dependencies
    - Modloader (Duh!)
    - ModLoaderMP (Again, duh!)
    - MinecraftForge (.........)

Fixes
    - Optifine (Play w/o lag)

New Content
    - Buildcraft 2.0 (Pipes make my job a lot easier)
    - IC2 :rolleyes:
    - RedPower (Bad habit of hitting water and lava, makes wiring easier)
    - BetterThanWolves (Experimenting with this one)

Other
    - TooManyItems

• I usually cram my Minecraft until I hit the limit.
    For the most time SMP mods as i rather play with friends.
    It usually differs, but mods like buildcraft, IC, Redpower and MineFactory are standard tools of the trade.
    I have looked at BTW, and it seems fairly nice, given the way flowerchild interacts with the environment instead of direct approach with their mechanics.
    Further, I just try to get as much content inside a jar file as humanly possible.
    Be it Balkons Weaponmod, or stuff from Flan, or other, often smaller mods.
    It seems Forge doesn't like IC's fd.class. Player info i guess ^^.
    So until IC2 has smp, my pvs will probably stick with what we now have.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Oh I have a ton of mods. More than most I think. Some I might get rid of... we'll see.

First I needed to install these:
    Modloader
    Modloader MP
    AudioMod
    Minecraft forge
    Turbo Modelthingy

Then I installed the following:

Death chest
    flood gate
    light sensor
    more stackables
    recipe book
    arrow mod
    Shelf
    WW2 Guns
    All of Pams crafts (Desert, Bone, cloth, wax, flowers, harvest)
    Vehicles
    Buildcraft
    Zan's minimap
    crafting book (should really remove the recipe one now that I Got this)
    Tiered Flint
    Apothercarium ( alchemy)
    IC2
    HD textures fix

Some might need removing later but the biggest of the bunch are: Buildcraft, IC2, Apothercarium, All of Pam's craft, WW2 Guns, and Vehicles. The last two require sprite IDs which I had to spare thanks to mineforge. The rest came from the creators of all the APIs I installed. A few are from random modders. The 3 biggest are MC forge moders. I was hoping to add a few more mods actually. I've been following some and waiting for them to be compatible with MC forge. IC2 was one of them. However I have to be careful what I add since I'm running low on block IDs. I might have to get rid of a few of Pam's.. we'll see.

• I use a fair amount of mods for just when I get bored.

the mods are as follows,

The APIs:

All the ones you need for the following mods (just too lasy to write them all)

The mods:
    The big 4 forge mods
    BTW(first mod ever used)
    BC
    IC2
    RedPower

Shelves
    armor stands
    tmi
    zeppelin
    airships
    somnia
    mo' creatures

Personal mods:

-more clayballs (lets you craft clayballs)
    -a mod similar to Timber but works with all mod tools (bronze, steel, chainsaw, BTW saw)
    -WIP mod with new weapons and mob types
    -
    -