IC2 release

• I think you've made a good choice - and after you try out all the fun stuff in Forestry you will be glad you got it!

(BTW, is that your Rock Band character in your avatar? I love that game.)

I'll try it this weekend. Use google for this image, might learn some origins from it. Tineye wont give you anything.

• No idea how to use Google to match an image... if Google has a functionality like TinEye's, I've never heard of it.

You can upload a picture to Google to search for the image. The search function is under Google Images, the little camera in the search box.

• You can upload a picture to Google to search for the image. The search function is under Google Images, the little camera in the search box.

Ah, gotcha. Familiar with VtM (played the pen-and-paper version long ago). More of a Werewolf guy myself, it's a shame that the PC version of that fell through.

• Alblaka's too busy banning you to work on the mod, I guess.

What the hell did I even do to you. you seriously need to grow up. I just asked a harmless question and you take it as a big thing. next time think before you post.

• You implied that there was something hindering the development of the 1.0 release - just a few days after the most recent release. This indicates an extreme lack of patience - don't you dare presume to tell others to "grow up".
    Sit down, stop fidgeting, and you'll get your IC2 for 1.0 when it's damn well good and ready, understand?

• Official Post

You implied that there was something hindering the development of the 1.0 release - just a few days after the most recent release. This indicates an extreme lack of patience - don't you dare presume to tell others to "grow up".
    Sit down, stop fidgeting, and you'll get your IC2 for 1.0 when it's damn well good and ready, understand?

Gotta agree here, entirely.

• well excuse me Headhunter. I didnt mean to be rude....it was a harmless question. you dont need to go hostile. I have been using the mod for a long time and I know its tough to update something and I wasnt implaying to ask for an update. you were being paranoid. Go read this
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=3094
    This is exactly what Saul is referring to. scaring away innocent people because they didnt understand

• Then you may want to check to see if your posts can be construed as "hostile" before you post them. Bugging Alblaka about the release of a 1.0 version could get you banned. Fortunately he seems to be merciful in your case.
    If you "don't understand" then maybe you need to read the big important sticky before you go trawling for a post to support your position. In fact, you'll see one of the earliest replies there is from me, stating "Many people don't read announcements or stickies on the forum - no matter where they are, no mattter how blatant." (which you have once more proven) and "Alblaka KNOWS that Minecraft 1.0 is out... so why do people need to ask for an update, or when it will be? It's done when it's done - promising a date doesn't change that." (which is why questions like yours are useless and annoying).

As for "innocence"? I'll remind you that they found OJ "innocent" the first time too - that doesn't mean he didn't get away with murder. :evil:

My apologies if my sarcastic comment offended your delicate sensibilities. I had incorrectly assumed that you could get as good as you give. We do have one thing in common - I am also impatient... but my lack of patience is with impatient people who don't do their research before asking uninformed questions. So I had hoped you could understand where I come from.

• no no because from his posts he said that he couldnt port because of a bug. I was looking to see what bug he was talking about and there were different results

One was the pickaxe issue with multiple ores due to enchantments. now the other one was the one that was posted above

• Mind quoting the part where i said a bug is preventing me from porting?
    I've said it could take some time, because there were a few changes in fundamental parts of the engine, probably causing bugs and needing rework.

Sure

Did I mention the quality of Mojands code is continously dropping? A mate of mine showed me the current release and the enchanting things… f.e. the 3x Drop pickaxe. Amusingly, using it on TNT drops only 2 TNT. Which means that the pickaxe isn’t even using the actual drop code (because then it would drop 0), but just adding 2 random block drops directly.
    Probably most don’t understand the severity of this, but that’s the code a new 12 years old modder would write for his favourite new DirtPickaxe mod. Not something you would exspect from a programming company.
    Either way, /rant
    Back to fixing IC²

This is what you said and I interpreted it as though they made a bug and that it would be hard for you to fix

• Not... quite.
    An 8-bit address for block IDs means you have 2^8 possible numbers, for a range of 0-255. Using 16 bits might be overkill (2^16= 65536) but it would certainly be "future-proof". Perhaps with that and a standardized modding API, mod developers will be able to work in a particular range to avoid conflicts, and everyone will have plenty of elbow room.

Oh, lol :whistling:. Okay thanks, now i got it.

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Official Post

Sure

This is what you said and I interpreted it as though they made a bug and that it would be hard for you to fix

Mind quoting the part where i said a bug is preventing me from porting?

Please do not go around in the forum and say "I would love to know which bug is preventing Alblaka from porting", as that statement implies you KNOW there's such an issue, opposed to "I interpreted a random blog comment, linked it to another comment made 5 days after, and concluded a thesis from it".

Not meant offensive, but in MC community rumors tend to solify quite fast.

• Moral of this story?
    Don't argue with the moderator/creator of what your discussing. 99 times out of 100 you will always lose.

On a side note...wish my programming class would actually teach programming....would love to be able to say something intelligent in this conversation, but at the moment I am basically Java ignorant or the youtube vids have taught me enough and if I took the time to look at the code I'd at least be able to understand it. I think the latter....and now I know what I'm doing for the next hour or so.

• Moral of this story?
    Don't argue with the moderator/creator of what your discussing. 99 times out of 100 you will always lose.

On a side note...wish my programming class would actually teach programming....would love to be able to say something intelligent in this conversation, but at the moment I am basically Java ignorant or the youtube vids have taught me enough and if I took the time to look at the code I'd at least be able to understand it. I think the latter....and now I know what I'm doing for the next hour or so.

lol yea i know how that is, too bad that if you do start learning in class it is most likely C++ and not Java ^^

• Official Post

If you know the basics of C++ its easy to learn Java, I taught myself C++ and I started reading basic modloader tuts, and here I am, dev on IC2. I'm not the greatest, but you would be surprised what a bit of knowledge will do, plus a few written tutorials, and some vids. Here's a good place to start....

http://zidmc.x10.bz/

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....