Suggestion: Overclocker Device

• You could always add the block IDs for stone (or whatever you want) to the Valuable Ores line in the config - but be advised it will cause your Miner to use a LOT more power this way.

• see this is supposed 2 be an industrial machine, there is this amazing thing called guidelines and safety regulations irl. nothing that would do that would ever make it anywhere.

And yet people are quite fond of overclocking their computers despite said warnings against it. fact is, people do things knowing that it could cause harm to their machines because the short-term benefits outweigh the possibility of break-down.

Not to mention, you are kind of ALONE in minecraft... who's going to reinforce said safety regulations? The pig? I'd like to see him try. :Chainsaw:

• While I like this idea (particularly Alblaka's change to more EU consumption), there is currently no reason to use it over simply building another machine of the same type. If the overclocker gives 2x production rate at the cost of 4x EU cost, there is no reason to not just build a second machine to get 2x production rate at 2x EU cost.

• While I like this idea (particularly Alblaka's change to more EU consumption), there is currently no reason to use it over simply building another machine of the same type. If the overclocker gives 2x production rate at the cost of 4x EU cost, there is no reason to not just build a second machine to get 2x production rate at 2x EU cost.

Congratulations on a very sendsible first post - and welcome to the forum!

• Official Post

While I like this idea (particularly Alblaka's change to more EU consumption), there is currently no reason to use it over simply building another machine of the same type. If the overclocker gives 2x production rate at the cost of 4x EU cost, there is no reason to not just build a second machine to get 2x production rate at 2x EU cost.

The point is people prefer speed over efficiency, quite often. If you really managed to build a giant factory, you usually don't care for EU much... but if you can get 2x fast machines everywhere...

• The reason for this idea is for people who don't want, or haven't built a massive factory.

Keeping it compact for the cost of more EUs is something people will like, if they stay in smaller places.

(Like me- At least until I get enough materials to make a massive house.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Do you have ANY idea how large that is? That's almost 2x the size of a nuke. And 8 times that would be the size of 16 nukes. You didn't think at all when making this. Also, it would be pointless. Almost everybody uses the Advanced Machines mod, and I liked Alblaka's older overclocker idea better. I would gladly trade 4x EU use for 2x speed.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I realized that, you forgot the part where i said these were suggestions and could be subject to change, I guess it would be more sensible that instead of blowing holes into your place it could maybe destroy some or all of the materials that are inside the machine when the machine blows up, and the machine still has a normal blast radius but the overclocker still is something worth watching over.

• 2005 was most likely meant to be 200%...
    Look at your keyboard, specifically the number 5 key. Now look at your shift key, now press the shift key and the number 5 key.

Now please facepalm?
    (Disclaimer: If for some reason you are using a keyboard with a different layout... say mandolin or Kanji then err... Facepalm anyways!)

• I think i will offer casual "multitier" objects...
    A basic Stone-Iron overclocker giving like 20% boost fpor 50% more consumption.
    An advanced Iron-Cable overclocker granting 50% boost for 150% more consumption
    Next would be an super-advanced Diamond-Alloy overclocker with 100% boost for 400% more consumption
    The increased scaling of consumption is intended.

And a redstone-gunpowder overclocker, granting 150% boost, 100% more consumption and overheat/explosion danger :3

:O :D

Me gusta! I honestly can't wait to see this in IC... 8)

Edit: Although, I do have to ask, will multiple machines (no more than 4 or so) be able to hook up to the overclocker for it's benefits?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• see this is supposed 2 be an industrial machine, there is this amazing thing called guidelines and safety regulations irl. nothing that would do that would ever make it anywhere. in a truth it should not take any fuel just be a med tier item prolly taking energy crystals for the good ones(re bats for the small ones) but they shouldn't ever break/explode(lose iffecency maybe) but even thats alot of hassle that would be rather annoying lol other then my issues with it randomyl attacking people/blowing up/breaking my machines it dose seem like a good idea but if it gets implemented as it was suggested above itd be very bad i belive

Right, this suggestion is very bad, when Alblaka himself has said he will implement it. Also, health and safety IRL says you shouldn't go into unexplored caves, build anything without a hard hat and scaffolding, or fight the undead, giant spiders or exploding green quadropeds. Truth be told, health and safety doesn't count for shit in Minecraft, and you sir, are clearly trolling a suggestion that a) Is actually really great and b) has not only been supported by 75% of all the people who've looked at this thread, but the creator of the mod. You are alone and idiotic my friend.

Although, I do have to ask, will multiple machines (no more than 4 or
    so) be able to hook up to the overclocker for it's benefits?

Perhaps the benefits would be divided from 100% output per machine. For example, 2 machines hooked up, 50% speed increase to each machine. 4 hooked up, 25% to each machine. 1 hooked up, 100% speed increase to each machine. Vice versa as well, 2 overclockers hooked up to 1 machine, 200% outputted unto that machine. Say there were 2 machines and 2 overclockers, 1 overclocker hooked up to 1 machine, 1 overclocker hooked up to both. Perhaps, the energy output would be added together. The machine with both overclockers would, one performing at 50%, the other at 100%, would get 150% speed increase, whilst the other machine with only the 50% overclocker hooked up would perform 50% faster. here's a depiction:

Key:
    O = overclocker
    M = Machine
    ->+power %age means amount of speed being outputted in that cable
    M=power %age means total increase in speed machine recieves

Actual thing;

O ->+100% M=150% <-+50% O ->+50% M=50%