Really..

• Ofc it was...

The changes, however, are somewhat less than 1337 themselves... Most likely going to wait on the add-on's before touching this version...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Power Crystal's power conversion mod died on load after updating IC2. I've posted a bug report with him, repeated here if anyone is interested.

Power Crystal's power conversion mod died on load after updating IC2. I've posted a bug report with him, repeated here if anyone is interested.

Yeah... that's exactly what I was afraid of....

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• There's a fairly high chance of 1.23 Addons being compatible with the new version, just test them.

I got a conflict with Advanced Machines and Power Converters when I tried. Could be because of Buildcraft/Forestry mods or add-ons... but they work with 1.23 so I can't see how that would enter into it.

I guess I'm going to have to hold of on upgrading IC until the addons I use are confirmed by their developers to be 1.337 compatible.

Power Crystal's power conversion mod died on load after updating IC2.

Same here - and I really can't do without that one. If nothing else, I need that, Advanced Machines, and Advanced Generators (at least the miner and the pump)

• Power Crystal's power conversion mod died on load after updating IC2. I've posted a bug report with him, repeated here if anyone is interested.

That's odd, worked great for me. Granted the lava fab's broke and I haven't tested his converters at all. (don't use them)

• [EDIT: Adding them in one at a time, I narrowed the problem down to Silentdeth's BC-IC Crossover mod. All the rest seem to work OK - at least, Minecraft will launch and take me to the main menu, I haven't gone into my world yet.

Here's the list of add-on stuff I have in my world:

Advanced Generators
    Advanced Machines
    Advanced Solar Panels
    Power Converters
    BC-IC Crossover
    More Treetaps
    Thermometers
    Solar Helmet

So something's sure to cause a conflict. I can live without some of it, but certain things are more or less necessary to me.

• Well, just did some testing with a few addons. Seems any addon that requires being charged does not work. Nor does charging bench work. ADV Machines still works fine though.

• Ironically enough, I was able to get the BC-IC Crossover working again - removing it, loading the world, then exiting and re-adding the mod. It did mean I lost the machines, but I can build new ones.

The add-ons that no longer work (and crash the game) are, as you said, the ones that require recharging - for me, that's More TreeTaps and Thermometers. I am uncertain about Advanced Generators - I only use it for the miner (and I'd like the pump) but I don't need the other machines in it and would like to spare the block IDs. Waiting for the next release of that add-on, apparently the pump and miner will be available separately.

So in the end, most of the 1.23 add-ons are compatible - though they may require removal and re-installation.

• That's simply a problem with IC2 being loaded after power converters.
    Rename it mod_zpowerconverters or whatever.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.