[Suggestion] Macerating Glowstone Blocks

• Kind of a small suggestion, but it nice if we could macerate Glowstone Blocks into 4 Glowstone each, it would allow us to store large amounts of Glowstone Dust (In it's block form), and not risk losing any when breaking the blocks to get the dust back.

Edit: You can make Glowstone from UU-Matter, but not dust, and you can lose up to 3 dust from each block if you break it.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• But .. When you break a glowstone block, you're given 4 glowstone dust .. Or am I missing something here? 8|

2-4, so you can lose 50% when breaking it.

Edit: Apparently you can get 1 as well, as said by the below. 75% lost. Worse :(

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• But .. When you break a glowstone block, you're given 4 glowstone dust .. Or am I missing something here? 8|

A goodly chunk of the time, yes, you will obtain the 4 Glowstone dusts, but there are times where you will only receive one. Four seems to be somewhat common.

• Kind of a small suggestion, but it nice if we could macerate Glowstone Blocks into 4 Glowstone each, it would allow us to store large amounts of Glowstone Dust (In it's block form), and not risk losing any when breaking the blocks to get the dust back.

Edit: You can make Glowstone from UU-Matter, but not dust, and you can lose up to 3 dust from each block if you break it.

Kinda like the idea but i think the reason you get a glowstone block and not 4 glowstone dust in the UUM recipe is because it adds a random "lottery" element to the whole thing. Adding a macerator recipe for glowstone blocks would break this lottery.
    Instead, introduce a recipe (9 dusts) to make a glowstone ball, which can be reversed OFC.
    This glowstone ball could then be compressed into a glowstone plate (or likewise) and replace one of the glass blocks in the luminator recipe to create 64 luminators at once instead of the default 8... Win win?

• Kinda like the idea but i think the reason you get a glowstone block and not 4 glowstone dust in the UUM recipe is because it adds a random "lottery" element to the whole thing. Adding a macerator recipe for glowstone blocks would break this lottery.
    Instead, introduce a recipe (9 dusts) to make a glowstone ball, which can be reversed OFC.
    This glowstone ball could then be compressed into a glowstone plate (or likewise) and replace one of the glass blocks in the luminator recipe to create 64 luminators at once instead of the default 8... Win win?

This. I like. Add-on, anyone?

• Why should glowstone be the ONLY item that you get a random amount from a UU-M recipe? Everything else yields a fixed amount of material.
    I'm sure you think it's "fun" that you get a random amount of dust that way, but you seem to have confused your preference with design intent.

• Why should glowstone be the ONLY item that you get a random amount from a UU-M recipe? Everything else yields a fixed amount of material.
    I'm sure you think it's "fun" that you get a random amount of dust that way, but you seem to have confused your preference with design intent.

Or maybe you have confused design intent with what you perceive that intent to be?
    Either way, if the design intent was to get 4 glowstone dust then he should have given 4 glowstone dust, not a glowstone block?

Hence, not needing to add glowstone blocks to the macerator recipe. Because you can't get a glowstone block into your inventory from normal IC2 play except using the matter gen.

• Or maybe you have confused design intent with what you perceive that intent to be?

Based on Alblaka's response, it seems pretty clear that his intent differs from your expectation of that intent.
    Now, we add in the fact that every other UU_M recipe gives a fixed amount of resources, and your theory of the "lottery" goes out the window.

• I beg to differ . Having the UUM recipe make dust rather than blocks makes more sense to me, regardless. I prefer knowing exactly how much on an item I'll be getting from crafting.

Ugh, you are correct. But people make them because they intend to place them. Right?
    I never turn my glowstone dust into glowstone blocks unless i use them as my lighting solution. (Which i don't do since i have RP2 lamps and IC2 luminators :) )

• Ugh, you are correct. But people make them because they intend to place them. Right?

Only sometimes. I plan on collecting a Personal Safe full of Glowstone Blocks for my server, as part of my mass supply collection of everything.

And I -think- Al was talking about the macerating Glowstone Block idea. I presume he would have mentioned otherwise, if not.

• LEgit idea, will be added.

Wait macerating or glowstone ball? I'm inclined to believe glowstone ball atm, someone please verify?

Also, there is a certain scientific law that states that you cannot make or destroy matter (disregard mass fabricator it takes energy and scraps to create something else entirely) I see the random drops of glowstone dust as fair because when someone mines something there is a chance you can mess it up to the point of "f it it's not worth it". sortof like coal miners getting covered in coal dusts they could get some money off of enough stored dust... but the companies don't bother.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• My server has a custom recipie of glowstone -> dust, so I dont really need this. But it would be nice to have it in vanilla, so less custom recipies are needed.

• "Also, there is a certain scientific law that states that you cannot make or destroy matter (disregard mass fabricator it takes energy and scraps to create something else entirely) "

Actually the laws concern the conservation of energy, but because energy and matter are interchangable, you can create matter at the cost of energy (like the mass fabricator does). Of course the famous E=mc^2 comes into play here, mass at rest simply costs E/c^2, which requires E to be ridiculously huge. The mass fabricator's principle doesn't violate laws of physics.

• Actually the laws concern the conservation of energy, but because energy and matter are interchangable, you can create matter at the cost of energy (like the mass fabricator does). Of course the famous E=mc^2 comes into play here, mass at rest simply costs E/c^2, which requires E to be ridiculously huge. The mass fabricator's principle doesn't violate laws of physics.

Maybe you should read the parts you quote before you quote them and make a reply... It helps to do that to avoid looking like a total woolhead.