[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• If the admin could configure the recipe that would be ideal. Is that really even possible though?

Still this makes more sense. I feel it would be better to lower the power in the config than trying raise it. The "too much power" argument is quite valid and these would still be useful for small servers or those with chunkloaders even with only 2x and 10x power. (Which is what I would use on our server of 2-6 people)

Honestly I think the original panel recipe with advanced parts would be more logical.
    2 advanced circuits + 1 advanced machine + 6 panels = 1 higher tier panel.

Granted I haven't actually played with these yet and when it updates I'll use them either way. :)

• Could a config option for turning off power generation at night be included please?

For SMP and SSP

Doesnt need to be the default but a option to disable it for enhanced gameplay would be nice

• It seems kinda unbalanced that a tier 3 machine (the mass fabricator) would be required to make a tier 2 power source, the advanced solar panel.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Probably because it says in the topic that it's for the 1.337b version, not for 1.42/43. Too bad, I would love to have it updated also, but if it takes time, let's show some patience. :)

• Maybe replace the sunnarium recipe with this:
    :Iridium::Force Field::Iridium:
    :Force Field::Industrial Diamond::Force Field:

Where :Iridium: = Adv. Alloy, :Force Field: = Glowstone Block, and :Industrial Diamond: = Industrial or regular diamond (either works, like in most recipes) Which crafts 4 sunnarium. So that it doesn't require UUM, yet is still expensive.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Probably because it says in the topic that it's for the 1.337b version, not for 1.42/43. Too bad, I would love to have it updated also, but if it takes time, let's show some patience. :)

maybe.... maybe only... can you modding for 1.42 or 1.43... its possible? :D

• Maybe replace the sunnarium recipe with this:
    :Force Field::Industrial Diamond::Force Field:

Where :Iridium: = Adv. Alloy, :Force Field: = Glowstone Block, and :Industrial Diamond: = Industrial or regular diamond (either works, like in most recipes) Which crafts 4 sunnarium. So that it doesn't require UUM, yet is still expensive.

Ah, that would be too cheap. If the mod was changed to use this recipe, but only creating 2 sunnarium, i will probaply download it.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I was wondering if you had an ETA on when this mod would be updated for IC2 v1.42/1.43. I'm not rushing you or anything, I'm just curious about an estimated length of time to wait. Thanks!

• Again, if the recipe is impractical now one is going to build these when they can just make more normal panels for a cheaper recipe. The recipe for these panels should mostly be the panel itself, the point should really be to consolidate the equipment.

The normal solar panels do 1 EU/t (13,050 EU/day)

Advanced solar panels/upgraded what ever should be something like this

Upgraded Solar Panel 5 EU/t (65,250 EU/day)
    Advanced Solar Panel 25 EU/t (326,250 EU/day)
    High Efficiency Solar Panel 50 EU/t (652,500 EU/day)

A upgraded panel should be like 6 solar panels, a lv transformer, machine block and a electronic circut.
    a advanced panel should be like 6 upgraded panels a MV transformer, machine block and another electronic circut
    a HE solar panel should be like 6 advanced solar panels a HV transformer, advanced machine block and advanced circut.

IC2 doesn't need new types of solar panels so we can replace nukes, it needs new types of solar panels so the guy with 5000 solar panels can turn those into 100 solar panels and not have to have a giant floating platform in the sky.

and solar panels should NEVER work at night

• ^ This is something I could live with. I'm half considering taking a stab at working on this now.

And plus, something like this would assist with Solar Panel spam on servers (tick updates and all, unless that was fixed...)

• ^ This is something I could live with. I'm half considering taking a stab at working on this now.

And plus, something like this would assist with Solar Panel spam on servers (tick updates and all, unless that was fixed...)

Solar panels only cause lag when the chunks are being loaded and unloaded. A Friend is starting to run a lot of panels in his base on the server I run. They're all in chunkloader block areas so the lag is minimal.

• IC2 doesn't need new types of solar panels so we can replace nukes, it needs new types of solar panels so the guy with 5000 solar panels can turn those into 100 solar panels and not have to have a giant floating platform in the sky.

I second the notion. This is exactly the reason I loved to use Advanced Solars - to take less space and become simpler to wire and move. I often used them with MC 1.8.1, IC2 1.337, BC 2.2.5 and IC2BC crossover (man, what a lot of abbreviations... :P ) to power a quarry. 50 EU/t was enough to power a tier 3 IC2BC engine which powered a quarry. So basically - instead of forming a huge 7x7 array of solars I could have the hybrid one to do all the work. Efficient in space, wiring and convenient when a quarry was moved, cause it hit bedrock.

Should you consider doing that, I would be more than happy to put it in my game!

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Actually the latest developments in solar tech do allow solar panels to work at night by expanding the range of wavelengths they can absorb to include infrared
    http://solarpowerpanels.ws/sol…olar-panels-work-at-night. Obviously they're not nearly as efficient at night but still, I think the higher tier panels should allow some energy production at night.

• Can you see anything by moonlight? Sure you can - not as much as by day, but that's still sunlight reflected off the lunar surface.
    One would expect that an advanced solar panel might be able to produce a little power witrh a low level of light.

But aside from that, I agree wholeheartedly with your ideas. That's the track advanced solars should be following. Look at the solar helmet add-on. The advanced produces 9 EU/t, but it requires 9 panels to make.