[MC 1.0.0] IC2 V 1.42: Bug, Nulear Reactor Crashes Both SSP and SMP When Cycle Completes

• The subject says most of it but when any nuclear reactor i make on either SSP or SMP completes its cycle i get the following error (This is the error log from SSP, i don't have the one from SMP at the momment.)

At this point the server crashes, though the server runs fine until the reactor is loaded in render distance. After someone logs near the reactor, they stay connected for a few seconds and this error happens. During this time connected the player is unable to interact with the world.

• I just had this on my server.

Looks similar and server became unresponsive after.

• Mine just bit the dust too.

Happened right as a cycle was finishing (I watched it)

How do I attach the crash report? I don't know where it's located EDIT: Found it.

• I'm getting this error as well.

It has happened twice so far, both times in single-player survival. Upon attempting to reload the save I'm getting the "Saving Chunks"/Blackscreen type of crash. I've been able to load the map normally when I remove the reactors using a map edit.

• Official Post

Alright, seems pretty serious, I'll see what I can do about this tonight. Hoping to get out some hotfix in the next day or two, we'll see how it goes.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• I should also note that this all happened with items generated using the Too Many Items mod.

So, did you test it first with legitimately crafted items before adding your report? Because if it's just TMI items, that's not a bug in IC2. I don't know whether or not that's the case for the others, as they didn't mention it.

TMI isn't merely a casual eyewitness to many of these issues - it's the perpetrator. It's merely mistaken for an innocent bystander by people who are unaccustomed to being thorough (i.e., the mod's target audience).

• I can confirm this happening on stock 1.42, no other mods (including TMI), completely legit.

My crash dump happens as soon as the server starts and is in jb.a @ line 181 (as seen in ShadwDrgn's post), not dk.a like in the other posts.

Hopefully this helps.

• I'm guessing it's related to removing the uranium that are spent/the uranium damage counters reaching their 'zero' condition. However I don't know if that's some interaction with vanilla minecraft (like batpack + damage = no more batpack; but seems unlikely to share codepath, merely observed condition) or just a race condition within IC2.

• My first reactor run with a single uranium cell worked fine. I had IC2 and treecapaciter mods only. The second run, 4 uranium cells, with BC2.2.8 added to the mix crashes on cycle completion.
    It could also be an issue with replacing spent cells with depleted uranium cells, as a 4-cell reactor is more likely to create one than a one celled reactor.

• So, did you test it first with legitimately crafted items before adding your report? Because if it's just TMI items, that's not a bug in IC2. I don't know whether or not that's the case for the others, as they didn't mention it.

TMI isn't merely a casual eyewitness to many of these issues - it's the perpetrator. It's merely mistaken for an innocent bystander by people who are unaccustomed to being thorough (i.e., the mod's target audience).

No, and that's why I specifically mentioned it. I don't believe that to be the case, especially after reading the other posts. Don't let that get in the way of your being smug.

• Don't let that get in the way of your being smug.

What's "smug" got to do with it? I pointed out that others should check to see if it's a TMI-related issue.
    If you doubt that it could possibly be the case, feel free to look around this forum (and the BC forum, and the MCF) and see how often TMI turns out to be the cause, rather than an accessory after the fact.
    So the next step, of course, would be for you (and others who have reported the issue) to verify if it happens with crafted reactors as well.

This is a very serious issue, no doubt - so let's be sure of the cause, OK?

• What's "smug" got to do with it? I pointed out that others should check to see if it's a TMI-related issue.
    If you doubt that it could possibly be the case, feel free to look around this forum (and the BC forum, and the MCF) and see how often TMI turns out to be the cause, rather than an accessory after the fact.
    So the next step, of course, would be for you (and others who have reported the issue) to verify if it happens with crafted reactors as well.

This is a very serious issue, no doubt - so let's be sure of the cause, OK?

As has already been pointed out. this is not TMI related. It's been tested legit. It was legit on my server, too.

• As has already been pointed out. this is not TMI related. It's been tested legit. It was legit on my server, too.

Yes, Corvidae mentioned it in a response after my initial post. My comment was not intended to be smug, but anyone who's got any experience with using mods ought to agree that when TMI is mentioned, one needs to eliminate that possiblity before anything else. Even Alblaka has stated that a couple of bugs that got into IC2 1.337 (like the CFpack issues) were due to testers using TMI items and declaring something "working".

Given everything I've read, I would not be surprised if it turns out to be related to cell depletion after all.

• Official Post

Wouldn't surprise me either, I reworked the damaging code to avoid an NPE there, currently testing the reactor, within mins of finding out if everything goes well, if it doesn't I'll look into the code that makes a cell deplete. I'll keep you guys posted on updates.

• Official Post

Well looks like after a few more changes, I've got a working version, thanks for the good error reports, they help so much :)

Expect this in the next version, Al will prob want some more testing on my fixes, but we'll get this out to you guys with the GUI id fix, and other misc stuff asap.

• Well looks like after a few more changes, I've got a working version, thanks for the good error reports, they help so much :)

Expect this in the next version, Al will prob want some more testing on my fixes, but we'll get this out to you guys with the GUI id fix, and other misc stuff asap.

Thanks for the quick response.

P.S. I meant treecapitator, but treecapacitor does sound like fun, trees storing EU and all...