Additional ideas for the forum

• There should be a subsection called general general discussion! Something where you can just talk about stuff, not explicitly minecraft related. Such as the world or that new game that came out recently or pictures you've drawn of your dog or what have you.

• I would like to suggest a sub-forum for 'IC2 Suggestion' ideas that aren't really appropriate to be rolled into IC2.

I've been seeing a lot of suggestions started that would be great ideas for separate mods that get talked down on simply because they might shouldn't be default behavior. Example- a 'finite torches' idea getting labeled as stupid when as a vanilla mod it'd be kinda cool. Or the Teir 0 ;MacGuyver machines... not really appropriate as base-IC2, but might make a funny\cool Adv. Machines-esque IC2 addon.

I dunno, it seems that the 'Suggestions' section has become a 'general idea free-for-all' regardless of real relation to IC2.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• I would like to suggest a sub-forum for 'IC2 Suggestion' ideas that aren't really appropriate to be rolled into IC2.

I've been seeing a lot of suggestions started that would be great ideas for separate mods that get talked down on simply because they might shouldn't be default behavior. Example- a 'finite torches' idea getting labeled as stupid when as a vanilla mod it'd be kinda cool. Or the Teir 0 ;MacGuyver machines... not really appropriate as base-IC2, but might make a funny\cool Adv. Machines-esque IC2 addon.

I dunno, it seems that the 'Suggestions' section has become a 'general idea free-for-all' regardless of real relation to IC2.

So kind of a suggestion sub in the off topic section?

• So kind of a suggestion sub in the off topic section?

Kinda... sure...

/edit: though for visibility's sake I think an off-topic sub in the suggestions section might work better....

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• So, sort of like the Suggestion section of the Minecraft Mods forum, but here on a site devoted to amod they wouldn't be used in or with?

• yep... and I get that, but having a separate section could serve as a psychological cue for would be posters to consider how relevant to IC2 their suggestion is and more importantly it would create a place to move those suggestions _TO_.

I can understand the mods not wanting to delete 'non-IC2 related suggestions', having a place to move them could clean the suggestions area a bit so relevant conversations don't get buried quite so fast. I didn't say that anything would be done with the off-topic suggestions, but seeing a section for them might make people reconsider when posting something of that nature.

• By my observation, it still seems to be all and only minecraft over there. More general than that.

Maybe because people only ever talk about minecraft over there and havent bothered talking about anything else. If you people dont use it its not the forum admins fault for that.

• By my observation, it still seems to be all and only minecraft over there. More general than that.

So... a place where people can talk about something other than Minecraft? I wonder if there's anywhere on the Internet that's like that. :rolleyes:

• Ohhh its IC1 suggestions that are closed.

Alright then stop all this "no original source" bullshit where you try to keep stuff in the mod hidden but google still reveals everything so we just end up with a "see no evil, hear no evil" forum and wiki while the rest of the net has all the information.

• The mod is fine. Its just presentation that's not going so well.

Like an apple pie served on the floor. Ultimately trying to impose this kind of draconian control on information about the mod is futile in the long run. I mean just googling gets one all the uu matter recipes on the spot. it just means that the official sources become secondary when people search for information about the mod.

Its like if Microsoft wanted to keep the keyboard shortcuts a fun little mystery that people had to figure out on their own so they erase all documentation. Then stand around wondering why people don't think its a good move. If people wanted to be kept in the dark about a mods feature they wont be out looking for answers. I'm not sure who you're trying to cater to by putting so much effort into hiding and rehiding stuff in the mod and silencing people who are willing to share the answers.

My guess is some personal control issue where you feel the need to personaly moderate every single users gaming experience regardless of their personal wishes. I can see you making DRM software sometime in the future.

Its not like "Hey I made a great mod, here you go, have fun with it"

its "Hey I made a great mod, and here are the instructions for how I intend for you to play with it"

Its like when playing video games with someone and they take the controller away from you because they think you aren't playing good enough or the right way. Even if they mean well they aren't helping you enjoy the experience.

• ... You start noticing some little grammatical mistakes in the forum titles:

(Both are in the IC2 section)

Suggestions

You got an idea, whatthat Alblaka could include? Post it here!

Tutorials

Post your tutorials for any complex mechasimsmechanism of IC² here.

P.S: Naturam is a douche.

• I propose a new subforum for suggestions that are not meant to be taken seriously (basically jokes, suggestions from people with less than 25 posts, and ideas that are just plain crazy)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"