[Suggestion] Blaze Rods in Generators

• They're worth 1.5 coal each in a normal furnace, but they don't work in a generator.

Would be nice if they did, though.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Nice idea, I think the Dev's just need to register the Blaze Rod as a valid fuel source for the Generator and it'd be done.

Though, considering that you can only (legitimately) obtain the Rods from the Nether, and even then, finding a Nether stronghold is tough at times, I think the EU produced should be up'ed a little from (coal + (coal * 0.5))

• Oooooorrrrr.... We can just IGNORE everything that 1.0.0 added. Like stupid Enchanting, Stupid potions and stupid pretty much anything fluff.

• Oooooorrrrr.... We can just IGNORE everything that 1.0.0 added. Like stupid Enchanting, Stupid potions and stupid pretty much anything fluff.

Wouldn't you prefer to have a more efficient fuel source than coal? I mean, I also agree that all this magic crap is....well, crap. But even so, you should still be able to use things involved in magic in industrial things too. Apart from glowstone, there's no real reason to go to the nether, so if you add blaze rods as a viable fuel source, that (slightly :/) gives you a reason to go to the nether. Besides, I'm pretty sure that not all industrial craft users aren't entirely against magic, so it's not fair we completely alienate those people's interests in Minecraft with this mod.

• Wouldn't you prefer to have a more efficient fuel source than coal? I mean, I also agree that all this magic crap is....well, crap. But even so, you should still be able to use things involved in magic in industrial things too. Apart from glowstone, there's no real reason to go to the nether, so if you add blaze rods as a viable fuel source, that (slightly :/) gives you a reason to go to the nether. Besides, I'm pretty sure that not all industrial craft users aren't entirely against magic, so it's not fair we completely alienate those people's interests in Minecraft with this mod.

Meh? I never use straight coal in a generator. too valuable for that. Even then I only use charcoal in a generator for a relatively short time until I get something a bit more renewable online.

as to magic... makes *no* sense whatsoever given the previous history of the game.

• Meh? I never use straight coal in a generator. too valuable for that. Even then I only use charcoal in a generator for a relatively short time until I get something a bit more renewable online.

as to magic... makes *no* sense whatsoever given the previous history of the game.

What, you mean green exploding wangs, countless undead, spiders bigger then a grown man, taking 8 cubic meters of gold and putting it into a apple(which then becomes able to cure any wound, save death), weird dust which can power damn near anything, interdimensional travel, giant flying jellyfish which shoot fireballs at you, rocks which emit as much light as the sun, slenderman knockoffs which can teleport, and the ability to carry 2304 cubic meters of stuff without a backback isn't "Magic" enough for you?
    Face the facts: Minecraft is a Fantasy genre game, even if it IS a sandbox. Magic comes with the genre, and is often omni-present.

...Though yeah, Coal has MUCH better uses then simply burning it. I had a double chest full of it on one world.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• What, you mean green exploding wangs, countless undead, spiders bigger then a grown man, taking 8 cubic meters of gold and putting it into a apple(which then becomes able to cure any wound, save death), weird dust which can power damn near anything, interdimensional travel, giant flying jellyfish which shoot fireballs at you, rocks which emit as much light as the sun, slenderman knockoffs which can teleport, and the ability to carry 2304 cubic meters of stuff without a backback isn't "Magic" enough for you?
    Face the facts: Minecraft is a Fantasy genre game, even if it IS a sandbox. Magic comes with the genre, and is often omni-present.

...Though yeah, Coal has MUCH better uses then simply burning it. I had a double chest full of it on one world.

I don't see mobs as magic (though i have a hard time with endermen and skeletons) i just see them as a badly skinned version of the real life equivalent. (Mind you, i only go to the nether for lightstone dust and ONLY that, i hate the nether)

Zombies = My mom when i wake her up in the morning.
    Creepers = I live in the concrete jungle, i see them everywhere... They just don't go *sssssSSSSSSSS* yet and explode on me.
    Spiders = Something really bad was released into the environment and made then grow extremely large and very angry at night because they suffer from insomnia.

They could all just as well be...

Zombies -> Angry mobs.
    Creepers -> Jihadists
    Spiders -> Spiders, just smaller and very hostile at that and nearly impossible to kill with a sword... Bring a flame thrower!

As for carrying capacity... That is really all about GAME BALANCE. A lot of people claim the game "Armed Assault 2" is the most realistic game of all time. Yet, a soldier carrying a M240 machine gun and a AT4 launcher as well as more ammo than 2 people normally would can run over 4 kilometers in the same time as someone who wears nothing but his undies.
    We can carry that much because how fun would it be if we had to drag stuff out of our mineshafts a few rocks at a time? We dig mineshafts that hold MILLIONS of tonnes of rock in 1 hour. Say we dug out 5 million metric tons. out of a 50x2 meter long tunnel. we would have to make 200 trips back and forth just to empty the ROCKS out of that tunnel. We would probably find a few nuggest of gold and iron. After having spent more than 200 hours hauling rock...

FUN?

You see, there is a clear distinct line between what is game balance for FUN and magic lalala stuff that only little girls who watch sparkling vampires should like.

• I lol'ed at the mob thing. And you are right about the game balance thing, I often thought about that myself. I am not against enchanting myself, and I like the brewing bit too. And I agree that twilight has completely messed up the image that vampires are supposed to have beyond repair.Some of the potion stuff and enchanting can be compared to real life equivalents. Speed potions for example, I just drank 2 gallons of Monster Energy, or potion of healing to some extent, antibodies to help prevent infections, the list goes on. The point is is that magic isn't retarded. Now back on topic, I think blazerods might have just been overlooked or something, as this is just a port, but I don't know that for sure, just guessing.

• Ignoring all the other issues, you should also remember that a full 'day' (And night) cycle is just 20 min total. There is obviously compression of time going on and the fact that Steve can move a bewildering quantity of crap is more like saying 'yes, someone could rig up some kind of crap to do this if they really worked at it'.

What doesn't work so well for time-compression is how diamond can be crafted in to things; like blocks.

• Ignoring all the other issues, you should also remember that a full 'day' (And night) cycle is just 20 min total. There is obviously compression of time going on and the fact that Steve can move a bewildering quantity of crap is more like saying 'yes, someone could rig up some kind of crap to do this if they really worked at it'.

What doesn't work so well for time-compression is how diamond can be crafted in to things; like blocks.

Steve obviously has a membership at the local gym. How else could he be strong enough squeeze diamonds into blocks and back?