Xyberviri's "Treachery" CASUC 1820 EU/t MK2

• Ignore the cooldown... The cooldown is there because the last reactor tick doesn't zero the reactor heat. When you start it again it will maintain the same heat levels as before.

• looks like somebody beat me to it making an ice cooled reactor ;) verry nice design. can say my design is not even close to the perfection this one has. you win :)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Could you re-post your test world? When I downloaded it, it was missing your block breakers and lights. Difference in RedPower versions maybe? (I'm on the latest one)

• Please also post your config files, cuz we all have different configs depending on which mods are installed.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• So after watching the video again and attempting to reproduce the world you had from the gutted one I ended up loading the only think I can seem to get to work is the overflow item detector, does ice go in there? What direction should it face? (can't quite tell in the vid) What setting does it need to be on?

• concept comfirmed, i wil be posting my screenshots shortly. i got my ice CASUC up and running.

edit: uploading an youtube video response to this reactor. hope you all enjoy my foolish way of explaining, or atempting to explain :P

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• How many EU does the adv. compressor use per item? I ran the numbers for normal compressors, and (aside from needing 90 of them) it would take about 37MEU to compress the 60k ice needed for one full cycle. That reduces the effective efficiency below 4. (about a 10% loss)

• wel people, as promised my video responce.

please note: this video is for this forum ONLY atm. if you click the link. you can watch it.

feel free to share it as you please. after you all watched this and hopefully aproved it, i wil release it to the world
    enjoy (i hope)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDmH2-62PU

• How many EU does the adv. compressor use per item? I ran the numbers for normal compressors, and (aside from needing 90 of them) it would take about 37MEU to compress the 60k ice needed for one full cycle. That reduces the effective efficiency below 4. (about a 10% loss)

i suggest downloading the advanced machine mod so you can watch and experiment for yourself. all i know is that the system is an big win situation. it produces way more then it is costing to generate.

isnt that all that maters?

• Hi Xyberviri

I was talking about how I was working on improving you're MK-I "Limbo" design on IR last night and basically here is what I ended up making.

It is a 1 chamber RP2/IC2/Advanced Machines Reactor
    460Eu/t with 3.83Eff Mark II-E-CASUC-EB "Eshne"

I designed it to be compatible with IR therefore It needed a Fail-safe and bedrock shielding along with the space constraints of 1 chunk.
    I'm also New to RP2 so the wiring is a complete disaster and needs to be revised but for now it functions properly.

This design could also be more efficient ( 3.93 eff) by adding 3 more Uranium cells and the Eu/t would go to 590Eu/t but it would be borderline safe with 1 snow golem which is all we are allowed on IR. Plus I have no need for almost 600Eu/t

The same pictures Except larger inside (You have been warned)(Click to enlarge)

If you want to mess around with it here is my world
    My Test world (MediaFire DL Link) (You need the Same mods installed to get onto the Industrial Rage Server)

• looks like an nice design.

great work ;)

• Thanks you. Your Design on youtube looks like a pretty nice design too.

I guess I'm my own critic because the messy redstone wiring really bothers me. I'd like to build a bigger one but I'm limited to One snow golem per reactor because I designed it for Industrial Rage.

• I think my design is smaller, has better safety features, does not use bluetricity, keeps running for a set amount of time when it knows that there are 6 stacks of ice in the reactor and the supply of ice stopped and only resumes when the system has at least 1 block of ice in the buffer, has a infinite sized buffer (not really infinite, after 10.000 stacks of ice java will probably commit suicide), the buffer can be emptied into the reactor near instantly, has a nearly no load on a server and is a MK.1 1820 EU/t reactor that automatically shuts off after it finishes a cycle. I am not sure because I cant release the design yet and let you judge for yourself. I really want to tell you how to build it, but I want Direwolf20 to build it in his awesome let's play first. Then he will have more viewer (hopefully) and I accomplished my original plan to try and help Direwolf a bit. In this case with a very compact 1820 EU/t nuclear reactor. Here is his playlist of his current series if you are interested.

I guess I'm my own critic because the messy redstone wiring really bothers me. I'd like to build a bigger one but I'm limited to One snow golem per reactor because I designed it for Industrial Rage.

true, redstone can get rather messy. completed one other video with an reactor that is more ehm... "organized" with extended control of each part of the reactor.

i wil upload it tomorow.

• looks nice, i am uploading an video that has the same casuc system only with more control options.

• I'm a scrooge cause I can't play every day so I decided to see how compact I could make this design. This was the result:

It takes up a 9x7x5 space. There are no pipes. The block breakers feed snowballs directly into the singularity compressors which the filters withdraw as ice into a double chest. Another filter feeds ice into the reactor. No fancy wiring either. Only wiring there is is the swtch which starts the timer and turns off the redstone current applied to the nuclear reactor.

I also think I hit the sweet spot with ice generation. With the timer pulsing every 0.65 secs, this 4 snowman setup generates marginally more ice than it uses.

Heres the reactor setup:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1h10101001511821s1r11r10

One snow golem should be fine unless you plan on running the reactor 100% of the time. I'm designing an 1800EU/t ice CASUC that only uses one golem, and no adv. machines addon (which I'm avoiding for various reasons). Basically I'll just run snowball/ice production all the time until storage is full (will take about 22 real-time hours), then run the reactor from storage (18 double chests). Currently it looks like the whole system (ice maker, storage & reactor) will all fit inside of a 10x10x10 containment chamber, so with 3 layers of re-stone, you're right at one chunk.

Effective eu/t is about 200, but I average about 10 used, so that's fine.

• One snow golem should be fine unless you plan on running the reactor 100% of the time. I'm designing an 1800EU/t ice CASUC that only uses one golem, and no adv. machines addon (which I'm avoiding for various reasons). Basically I'll just run snowball/ice production all the time until storage is full (will take about 22 real-time hours), then run the reactor from storage (18 double chests). Currently it looks like the whole system (ice maker, storage & reactor) will all fit inside of a 10x10x10 containment chamber, so with 3 layers of re-stone, you're right at one chunk.

Effective eu/t is about 200, but I average about 10 used, so that's fine.

Thank you for the idea but I've actually found a way around this, you can get 5 block breakers to break the 1 block of snow every .2 seconds (it is glitchy so it only produces a constant 10 ice per second). This means I could feed the 1820Eu/t reactor with its required 6 ice per second.

Instead I have a fully working setup with 1 golem powering 2 Reactors with 4 chambers each outputting a total of 3020 Eu/t.

And with some more creative block breaker/snow golem arrangements i've made a setup that produces 30.3 Ice per second. It requires 22 Singularity compressors consuming 352Eu/t. Therefore it ouputs enough ice to power 6 1510Eu/t output reactors which I am currently building in 1 chunk.

Also I do know that I can use 1 golem per reactor with my first mentioned technique but I'm just trying to push the limit of what 1 golem can do. ;)

• before i accedently blew it up with a misplaced mass fabricator for testing my setup producing ice with 6 snow golems was using 7 Electric engines (Forestry by SirSengir) and 5 singularity compressors, i had to use overflow pipes on the compressors due to there being about 1/3 to many snowballs (couldent make use of the rest just dumped it into lava) that produced more ice than the reactor could use (also dumped), at the point where all my machinerey pulled EUs from the 3 MFSUs i had hooked up i measured ~122EU/t (~1400 ticks) and the reactor itself produced 1780EU/t

i think that these snow golem powered CASUC reactors could potentialy be incredibly OP and simple to operate especialy if you can just hook up a single snow supply point to a bunch of reactors. i smell an inc nerf tho so you should probably have emergency shutdowns on your reactors for nerf patches, or somthing idk. just dont hook up a mass fab like i did to the direct output unless you wanna start over X(