Why are UUM recipies intended to be *secret*

• Imaginary purple goo generated out of 1 million EU.*

One million EU generated for free in conjunction with a cobblestone generator. Once you have a proper feedback loop built you can turn it on and ultimately create matter without any loss, only perpetual gain. Cobblestone should probably be excluded from Recyclers and Mass Fabricators.

• It's a bad idea to modify a mod based on what other mods let you do. Balance is never achieved that way, and the success of the mod becomes tied forever after to the whims and changes of every other mod that interacts with it.

And I'm still not entirely sure how you think that a cobble gen creates energy - it doesn't - merely fodder for scrap.

• It's a bad idea to modify a mod based on what other mods let you do. Balance is never achieved that way, and the success of the mod becomes tied forever after to the whims and changes of every other mod that interacts with it.

And I'm still not entirely sure how you think that a cobble gen creates energy - it doesn't - merely fodder for scrap.

You don't need a mod to make infinite cobblestone. Just some lava, water and pistons. The only think you need to make it entirely automated is a block breaker. And with infinite cobble you get infinite scrap which will ultimately produce infinite energy using UUM. With the right reactor setup you will produce a surplus of uranium, thus never needing to farm anymore resources.

• One million EU generated for free in conjunction with a cobblestone generator. Once you have a proper feedback loop built you can turn it on and ultimately create matter without any loss, only perpetual gain. Cobblestone should probably be excluded from Recyclers and Mass Fabricators.

no matter what you make recylers not work people will find somthing to spam wether is sticks cactus reeds..... and recylers main purpose was get rid of all your crap which is most of the time cobble and random crap

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• You don't need a mod to make infinite cobblestone. Just some lava, water and pistons. The only think you need to make it entirely automated is a block breaker. And with infinite cobble you get infinite scrap which will ultimately produce infinite energy using UUM. With the right reactor setup you will produce a surplus of uranium, thus never needing to farm anymore resources.

Again, *HOW*? you can't make energy from cobble, not even using scrap. Sure you get some burnable items and plant balls out of scrap but it's a net loss energy wise.

• Again, *HOW*? you can't make energy from cobble, not even using scrap. Sure you get some burnable items and plant balls out of scrap but it's a net loss energy wise.

You make uranium out of UUM which is made out of scrap.With infinite cobble scrap is free. But scrap reduces energy cost per cycle in the Mass Fabricator from 1 million EU to 1.67k EU. Using an infinite run reactor that produces 80EU/t will produce roughly 90 UUM (minus the energy need to run the recycler). Let's say it takes 10 UUM per uranium ore (even though 10 is not possible for any recipe, but just trying to stick with the fact that UUM recipes are secret) you produce 9 more uranium with a single reactor cycle. Yous use 4 of these for your next reactor cycle and 5 left over. But instead you could craft only 4 and use the remaining UUM to craft other resources.

Efficiencies could be improved considerably even in my simple example, especially since uranium costs some number less than 10 UUM to make, but you get the point.

Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back!

And scaffolding (last i checked) was by far the most efficient recycler fodder if one intends to use tools to break it. Even so, with forestry or a RP2 tree farmer a tree farm gives you a much higher fodder rate over time as long as you have bonemeal in large quantities. Which again can be an automated process.

You make uranium out of UUM which is made out of scrap.With infinite cobble scrap is free. But scrap reduces energy cost per cycle in the Mass Fabricator from 1 million EU to 1.67k EU. Using an infinite run reactor that produces 80EU/t will produce roughly 90 UUM (minus the energy need to run the recycler). Let's say it takes 10 UUM per uranium ore (even though 10 is not possible for any recipe, but just trying to stick with the fact that UUM recipes are secret) you produce 9 more uranium with a single reactor cycle. Yous use 4 of these for your next reactor cycle and 5 left over. But instead you could craft only 4 and use the remaining UUM to craft other resources.

Efficiencies could be improved considerably even in my simple example, especially since uranium costs some number less than 10 UUM to make, but you get the point.

OK, go ahead and and make uranium and prove us wrong. (Using IC2 1.43 ofc)
    We will eagerly await your infinite energy creation machine.

• Didn't know that. Fairly new to IC2, but did look up UUM recipes online. Using that and the information on the wiki it seemed fairly straightforward to me. But if it was removed, then that is different.

• [/quote]You make uranium out of UUM which is made out of scrap.[/quote]
    *cough*recipe removed for uranium*cough* End of discussion.
    EDIT: Woops I didn't refresh and Cadde beat me to it.

• Alright, all of these discussions seem to have totally missed the initial topic. Why are UUM recopies secret. I did NOT ask What UUM is, How to make it cheaply, What makes it OP, or how to mass produce it, or produce infinite items etc etc.

• I never understood this. And they never were secret to me, because I normally use CraftGuide because... Redpower and IndustrialCraft both have tons of machines and I always forgot there recipes. All UUM-Recipes are visable via CraftGuide, so no big secret.

• I would rather want people to mess around with a stack of UUM, trying to figure out the different possible combinations for ressources :3

Yeah, it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to run through all possible combinations if you don't use a recipe book mod. I just do that every time there's an update and add the new stuff to my cheat sheet.

Still missing a recipe for bones, though... hopefully that's coming soon. :)

• Yeah, it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to run through all possible combinations if you don't use a recipe book mod...

2^9 = 512 combinations

(But one is everything blank so actually 511. If you use Gray coding you only need to add/remove an item every time, so 511 operations total - which can be achieved in 15 minutes I believe)

• 2^9 = 512 combinations

(But one is everything blank so actually 511. If you use Gray coding you only need to add/remove an item every time, so 511 operations total - which can be achieved in 15 minutes I believe)

We could do even more math^^. 15 Mins have 900 Seconds. So basically you need to replace a slot every 1,76 Seconds. Although this is totally doable it is tedious and I prefer the option of just using crafting guide. Because my gameplay-experience doesn't change if I waste the 15mins or I don't.

Would be more cool of course if the UUM-Mechanic would totally change. Let's say I build a random-matter-generator. I choose one of the possible goals and my generator uses the needed amount of UUM to create stuff (so if I choose to create diamonds, he would use 9 UUM with every "cycle"). But because it is random crazy things could happen. You could get a TNT-Block instead of a diamond or some plain dirt. But you could also get a diamond while trying to create gold. Or random chickens spawn around your matter-generator because it went totally crazy and created them. Also you could add random uranium if you try to create diamonds, so basically uranium would be back in, but not reliable.