Transfer between nether and overworld officially possible

• Again, don't mistake the ability to access a shared inventory to mean a chunk is loaded. That data is stored elsewhere.
    Yes, stuff like Ender Chests is amazing and pushes the envelope, but people are clearly still expecting that it does more than it actually does.

I don't think you get it that some people don't need machines on both sides to be running constantly, I'm perfectly happy to go to the nether build a base that pumps lava, nether wart, and blaze rods into ender chests while I'm building, hunting, and or exploring and then when i return to the overworld my Generator tanks become filled to the brim, My brewery stand begins production of the many potions i might have use of along with any number of other thing all without me ever having to worry about having to stop, empty out my inventory, and fill it up with whatever nether goods where produced.

In short, It doesn't matter that they don't work it the same time, it would be nice if they did, but they don't and that doesn't negate the usefulness of the ender chest

• The universal rule of programming: if you have to ask, it is possible. If you didn't ask, then it's still possible.

That's a nice pat answer, but the universal rule of modding is: If the base game doesn't allow the means to make it possible, then the only way to make it possible is to change the base game.

Certainly, anything is "possible" in a game. Whether or not it's "possible" in Minecraft as it stands is another story. As for the alleged mod you speak of that makes such things possible?

The First Rule of the Internet is: Pics or it didn't happen.

I await your "proof" that it not only "can" be done, but apparently already has.

• I don't think you get it that some people don't need machines on both sides to be running constantly, I'm perfectly happy to go to the nether build a base that pumps lava, nether wart, and blaze rods into ender chests while I'm building, hunting, and or exploring and then when i return to the overworld my Generator tanks become filled to the brim, My brewery stand begins production of the many potions i might have use of along with any number of other thing all without me ever having to worry about having to stop, empty out my inventory, and fill it up with whatever nether goods where produced.

In short, It doesn't matter that they don't work it the same time, it would be nice if they did, but they don't and that doesn't negate the usefulness of the ender chest

I don't think that you get that we're talking about something entirely different here. It's never been a question that things will work when you're actually in the same dimension - and all the Ender Chest does is allow an inventory from one to be opened in the other - seriously, it's not all that different from having to carry the items across yourself, you just don't have to empty one chest and fill another is all.

The topic we are discussing is that some people think that the Ender Chests mod will allow their Nether lava cell factories to operate unattended and magically fill the chest when they are not in the Nether - and that's not at all how the mod works.

• The topic we are discussing is that some people think that the Ender Chests mod will allow their Nether lava cell factories to operate unattended and magically fill the chest when they are not in the Nether - and that's not at all how the mod works.

Actually I don't see that anyone brought up anything about chunk loading until you brought it up. Before that there's just people being happy about not having to go through the hassle of manually moving things from the nether.

all the Ender Chest does is allow an inventory from one to be opened in the other - seriously, it's not all that different from having to carry the items across yourself, you just don't have to empty one chest and fill another is all.

And this is where I disagree entirely There is a -Big- difference between having to stop empty your inventory bring all the stuff to the overworld and go back to get your stuff when compared to just being able to pump things directly into the Ender Chest and then walking through the portal to the over world and having the stuff pumped out with out ever having touched a single thing. Yes, I could do it manually but there is a reason that people automate their minecraft worlds.

Actually I don't see that anyone brought up anything about chunk loading until you brought it up. Before that there's just people being happy about not having to go through the hassle of manually moving things from the nether.

Actually, I was going to raise this point as well, but was quickly ninja'ed...

From what I can tell, the Ender chests do allow for cross dimensional storage transfer. However, that does NOT mean that you can fully automate things in the Nether, and come back into the Overworld and expect to receive them in return. All that means is that you are still limited to ass-loads of Tin, and bunches of Lava Cells to pull out of your chests once you get done filling them...

Despite that limitation, I do believe that they are still worth the investment regardless. But I don't think it's practical to expect Alba to create a cross dimensional Enet due to various CPU performance issues that it may create..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• And this is the "evidence" you think will "win" your argument? All I see there is that it "may be possible" but hasn't yet been done. You even go so far as to load the question and then expect me to buy the words you put into the developers' mouths. None of them said it's doable, they merely said it may be possible.

I'll believe it when I see it - until then, your "point" is purely theoretical.

Until I see proof of an unattended Nether factory transmitting items to the overworld, I remain unconvinced. Furthermore, I think you grossly overestimate what Ender chests and chunkloader blocks actually allow.

You want to "win"? Well, if you are right, you should already be able to do it. Actions speak louder than words. Chop chop!

• Umm...yeah, just because a couple of mod developers said it "may be possible" doesn't mean it is, or that it would work well, or that it wouldn't require two metric assloads of work to make it happen, or that it wouldn't cause all sorts of performance issues or other sorts of utter strangeness making it happen.

• I'm going to be setting up a battery factory with RP2. To fill a ender chest with 8 BT Batteries full energy, put empty ones in the battery box than continue the process till all 8 are there.

So when I go to the Nether my machines will have a ton of power to work with :)

Also great for Lava cells

• Based on this argument frames would not be possible either... yet they might happen soon. It was already said by eloraam that changing the way chunks are loaded in nether and overworld is totally possible, but till then it wasn't necessary. Now we actually have nether-ward which doesn't grow if you are not in the nether (but well... you also might not need it) and the nether becomes more important in general.

Possibility is not the question, almost everything is possible. The Question is if it is worth the hassle.

And still the whole point of this thread is the transfer between two dimensions... and yes this is possible. Actually this alone is a reason this chests are worth it. First they double my capacities, because I can unload everything into them and get another inventory full of... whatever.

• I think you're missing the entire thrust of my argument. The difference between frames and this topic is that frames have actually been proven to work.
    The problem we have here is that some people seem to think that Ender Chests and chunkloaders will allow one to run an unattended Nether factory which will transport items to the overworld without anyone being in the Nether at the time.

Perhaps it's "possible", but it hasn't happened yet - and it's going to take more than just the chests and chunkloaders to bring that about.

Put me down as "I'll believe it when I see it, and not a moment sooner." I'm willing to be proven wrong... it simply hasn't happened yet. :)

• Well... I guess eloraam might even had it working, because she was thinking of making frames use a different dimension to move. Actually it shouldn't be hard to do this, because first SMP simply does it (well in this case a player works as a chunkloader) and second there was no real effort taken to proof that it doesn't work, actually there are even methods to do it, which aren't really that... perfect, but they work (in a somehow hackish way... but who cares).

I chunkloaders work, but I guess they only load the chunk of the dimension your actually in (or do they always load the overworld?). Someone said that they only load overworld-chunks which basically is what you need for the chest to work, because you are in the nether. But well... since you are normally in the overworld this could also mean that it only loads your dimension. But the normal chunkloaders actually work and some tricky versions exist which could load other dimensions with some performance-losses. So if a need of a working netherworld-chunkloader arises there will be someone who creates it.

• That's digging up, and from what I can tell it doesn't transport you dimensions it just uses the generation code mixed with a height increase to spawn them all in one world.

That Particular Mod depends on another mod called Cubic Chunks iirc, what it does its that it increase the vertical size from 128 to 60k+ or something. So its practically One Pretty Fudging Big Dimension/World.

• That Particular Mod depends on another mod called Cubic Chunks iirc, what it does its that it increase the vertical size from 128 to 60k+ or something. So its practically One Pretty Fudging Big Dimension/World.

Yeah, essentially it is now that I'm looking at it again.