[Bug SMP 162]: Crops wont update itself after player left area and come back

  • Relogin also will reset crops state and hid its content.


    After you placed crops and left area\game and then return, you will see empty crops, attempt to place new block into crops will place new crops and drop old ones, block interactions have no effect.

    Unsafe.putObject(42,Unsafe.staticFieldOffset(42.getDeclaredFields()[42]),43);

  • it wont render client side, if attempt to place new crop old one will drop, if attempt to harvest - it will drop result (and seedbags) but wont render.


    Basically, server do not report to client TE data change or client ignore such data, currently i not able to decompile IC2 due API integration with other mods, but, im sure - same problem as cables and treeholes in prev versions.

    Unsafe.putObject(42,Unsafe.staticFieldOffset(42.getDeclaredFields()[42]),43);

  • Ah, so it's merely an SMP networking issue? I was kinda afraid 1.1 broke something and causes massive TE corruption or something.
    I think i failed on correctly using the NetworkHandler for complex updates, gotta have Player take a look at it.


    edit:
    Apparently we forgot to add proper syncronization for Cropblocks. I assumed the methods i used would imply it, but i was incorrect. This will be fixed as soon as i get the time to do it. Shouldn't take longer then 24 hours.

  • Since there is nothing in the changelog about this, I guess this Bug is still around in 1.64?


    I experience mainly the same issues, but I don't know if there wasn't a fix in 1.64 or if the fix didn't work.

  • Not fixed yet. Takes some more code then just oneliners to fix networking issues ^^'


    Yeah fine^^. I already was guessing that if you say something like 24 hours it's a rough estimate :P


    So I will harvest some more phantom-crops :P


    It's a shame that breeding without seeing the result doesn't work, since you only get unnamed unscanable seeds (the seedbag actually is named "unnamed"). And... well I destroyed 8 wheat because I haven't noticed that I created weed^^. But I successfully crossed wheat to pumpkins (although I didn't noticed it).


    So breeding is way off with this limitation, but planting them just for harvesting works fine.

  • Wow I didn't realize the problem was this bad. I now 'have' IC2 SMP but at the same time that shiny new feature I'd been yearning to explore is... a broken weed farm after each logout x.x



    PS: this is probably related, but holding 4 flowers also doesn't plant them.

  • Wow I didn't realize the problem was this bad. I now 'have' IC2 SMP but at the same time that shiny new feature I'd been yearning to explore is... a broken weed farm after each logout x.x



    PS: this is probably related, but holding 4 flowers also doesn't plant them.

    It seems to work with dandelions but not roses

  • I planted dandelions and roses. Works fine. I can't see them, but if you don't have free cropsticks around (so no Weed) you could easily harvest them by right-clicking even if you can't see them.

  • read posts above, it present server side, but not report TE updates to client.


    It's even worse than that; if you logout and back in it still doesn't report updates. I only discovered they were there at all by breaking them. (then of course the Empty seed-bag issue).

  • I confirm the exact same issues on my server as well. TE's are not being updated to the client from the server for anyone for the new planting constructs.

  • Yes, we got it. The issue is confirmed 9001 times now, you can stop posting more useless "happens too" things.
    The issue is known, it's a complex fix, we're working on it.